Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why not always use Mejai's Soulstealer for AP...

Creator: Wolicki May 2, 2011 6:21pm
Wolicki
<Member>
Wolicki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 6:21pm | Report
So I'm relatively new to the game, but after having read a lot of these builds and playing/manipulating them in game on the fly. If you are truly trying to build an AP monster why wouldn't use just immediately start building the ejai's Soulstealer by buying the Amplifying Tome and a health potion. Eventually you will start getting assists and/or kills. I'm new so I'm open to any reasons as to why this is a poor decision!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 6:22pm | Report
This is not necessarily a good idea. If you are doing good early, get it. Otherwise, not really.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 6:24pm | Report
No.

There's a thousand reasons, and I just lost like 4 games in a row, so I'll let someone else say.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 6:31pm | Report
Reason 1: The Kill Me Champion Spotlight

Basically, grabbing any stacking item and going into a fight with any number of stacks over 5 is an INSTANT signal to the enemy team to, quote, "focus the living **** out of that bastard", unquote. An unorganized team will still band together to bring you down first. An organized team will already be focusing you if you're the main DPS and now has one more reason to.

Reason 2: Snowballing Promotes Passivity in Play

In fights, you'll be more determined to keep your stacks than to make the right decision. TreeEskimo once said, "I could play a perfect game, and still have deaths. That fight was an example of perfect play. I died, but I did as much damage as I could, and we lost one but killed three. It was the best decision to make at the moment."

Reason 3: Winmore Syndrome

Winmore Syndrome is a little name I've given to the disease that causes people to buy stacking items. If you're getting enough kills/assists to make the stacking items worthwhile, ODDS ARE that you'll win the game without the stacking items to begin with. If you weren't getting enough kills, ODDS ARE the stacking items won't pay off at all. It's better to invest in more solid items that aren't variable.

I have more reasons, but that should be enough.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 6:33pm | Report
^100% agree with Jebus' three reasons there. Only time I ever buy Mejai's is on TF or a support champ since More AP (for less gold) makes supporting much easier.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Wolicki
<Member>
Wolicki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 7:52pm | Report
Thanks jeebus just wondering why more builds don't have this built into it when it seems like a relatively powerful item. All of your points made sense so thank you for the good feedback
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 11:15pm | Report
If you suck don't get it. If your rocking everyones world then go crazy.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 4:07am | Report
Props for taking the time to write that, Jebus.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 9:41am | Report
+rep for that Jebus from me :P

YOu dont get it on ranked games and basicly it becomes useless item on lvl 30+ normals too,

You can sooo easily loose the stacks gimping you heavily for later on.
It also makes you focus on this prioritizing NOT LOOSING ANY and that is bad for the team, especialy if a tank gets the Leviathan... a tank that is afraid of going in is pure ****...
As for AP champs you will try to only snipe the kills and feed yourself and maintain your stacks high no matter what, you will get fed while team wont be doing anything and than the Jebus "KILL ME FACTOR" kicks in and when they kill you you will loose alot of your power, making you also useless, and thx to feeding only yourself... you will loose the game.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide