Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Summoner Spell Changes: What do they mean?

Creator: Trenditon November 7, 2011 6:11pm
1 2
Trenditon
<Member>
Trenditon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2011 6:11pm | Report
If you have not read it already, I would like to direct you to the most disturbing post I've ever seen from riot about upcoming changes: --> Click here for depression <--

So I wanted to know what people think these changes are going to do to the meta game. Honestly I can see drastic changes ahead, and it is really starting to scare me. Here are a few of the changes I predict:
  • Due to flash being mega nerfed, champions lacking their own escape abilities will be hit HARD, and will probably be seen less in competitive play.
  • Because of the buffs to Cleanse, characters like and Xin Zhao are going to become incredibly powerful (cleanse will now remove exhaust)
  • I predict that people who rely on mega heals, like Mundo and Swain are going to see some more love due to cleanse's buffs as well (cleanse will also remove ignite).
  • Since Rally is being transformed into something more like Raise Morale, I feel that champions like Olaf and Taric are going to become that much stronger.
  • Again, champions with gap closer, blink, or general movement abilities will become much more powerful due to flash being hit.

So what do you guys think about these changes? Any pros you can find under the rubble known as the league, or is it all rain and no shine?
That +rep button could use some love!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2011 6:23pm | Report
You're overreacting.

Flash is being nerfed. It's not a meganerf, but it might force some champions to take other spells instead of every single champion in most games having Flash. Good positioning can reduce the necessity of Flash, so I don't think carries are going to be significantly affected.

Quicksilver Sash has always been infinitely superior to Cleanse, and it's never been called OP to my knowledge. Any champion taking Cleanse will be sacrificing a summoner spell slot usually taken by something like Exhaust or Flash

The new Rally is replacing the ****tiest spell in the game. We'll see how viable it becomes, but I hardly think it will be game-breaking.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
LameoGamer
<Member>
LameoGamer's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2011 6:28pm | Report
The flash nerf means nothing really. CD is a hit, yes, but nothing major. The distance "nerf" should do nothing if flash is used when caught out of position, to flash through walls. What this will do is punish obvious overextension (as players will find it more difficult to flash back on open ground) and aggressive plays (can't flash forward as much).

I can see flash still being taken by at least 6 of 10 characters on SR.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 12:38am | Report
Cleanse + exaust on ad carries with build in flash now...

Gonna be deadly.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 1:26am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

You're overreacting.

Flash is being nerfed. It's not a meganerf, but it might force some champions to take other spells instead of every single champion in most games having Flash. Good positioning can reduce the necessity of Flash, so I don't think carries are going to be significantly affected.

Quicksilver Sash has always been infinitely superior to Cleanse, and it's never been called OP to my knowledge. Any champion taking Cleanse will be sacrificing a summoner spell slot usually taken by something like Exhaust or Flash

The new Rally is replacing the ****tiest spell in the game. We'll see how viable it becomes, but I hardly think it will be game-breaking.

Said everything.
I think one difference is that champions with built in blinks might pick alternate spells replacing Flash now. EG: Kassadin(Maybe Cleanse Ignite), LeBlanc(Cleanse ignite)?
I might be wrong.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 4:51am | Report
They're nerfing flash RANGE and CD. That'll hit hard.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 8:08am | Report

Cleanse + exaust on ad carries with build in flash now...

Gonna be deadly.

Meanwhile, Ashe goes to cry in a dark corner, never to be seen again.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 8:24am | Report
Who is this Ashe of which you speak?

off topic: Now everyone should play support Ashe with the CV changes.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 2:54pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

yea. but big thing on mundo, is that at level 6 i can have ITEMS AND MY REMOVE IGNOTE. kinda a big change (although the 10th time they've flip-flopped on it)
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 3:19pm | Report
Just don't jump the fkin gun and decide Frozen Mallet and trinity force are Core on Talon again for God's sake.

Wait till you actually see the spells in game before you go around making claims like Mundo Swain and Xin are going to profit and Flash is getting buried.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide