Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A Random Idea

Creator: tehAsian August 22, 2012 3:20pm
1 2 3
InfHaRM
<Member>
InfHaRM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 1:01pm | Report
It would depend on the lane in my opinion, you can't put someone such as Vayne versus Annie in mid lane, Vayne would most likely become free food or very zoned once Annie hit 6 even with strong jungle presence for the AD's team. An AP carry top isn't that great in my opinion, common bruisers right now such as Darius and Lee Sin stomp AP carries last I checked those matchups, so it'd be hard there as well. Your bot lane would be very 50/50 as well and depend on their carry choice.
Thanks for the sig Nameless Bard
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 3:20pm | Report
The meta is shifting towards the "switch lane" concept. Or at least I've seen this become more common.

Your top laner goes bot, bot goes top. The doubles perma pushes and tries to disadvantage the top laner as much as possible. Then they switch, the person who went bot, needs to do well 2v1 and be ahead of the enemy top laner so that you essentially snowball 2 lanes, or at the very least shut down the lanes.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 10:58pm | Report
I think the meta is shifting because sustain supports are constantly being nerfed. That's why you see blitzcrank becoming more popular. It's really not worth it to go for a sustain support anymore because they don't really do that much. A support currently is supposed to enable the carry to farm, but if they are less and less able to do that the AD might go somewhere else.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
InfHaRM
<Member>
InfHaRM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 3:54am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

I think the meta is shifting because sustain supports are constantly being nerfed. That's why you see blitzcrank becoming more popular. It's really not worth it to go for a sustain support anymore because they don't really do that much. A support currently is supposed to enable the carry to farm, but if they are less and less able to do that the AD might go somewhere else.

I can't really see the AD going anywhere but bot or mid or coming back to bot at around the 10 minute mark solely for dragon control. I also feel that the "kill lane" supports such as Blitzcrank, Leona, and Nautilus are becoming more popular because if they and a skill such as Dredge Line or Rocket Grab at around 10 minutes it usually results in a kill AND a dragon.
Thanks for the sig Nameless Bard
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 10:15am | Report
AD carries have very little dragon control, at that point in the game they're fairly weak. A support+bruiser lane would probably have more control than a support+ad bot lane.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 10:43am | Report

The meta is shifting towards the "switch lane" concept.

It's not necessarily shifting towards it. It's just a new concept that teams have been using.
In the end though people still follow the standard meta.

Mooninites wrote:

I think the meta is shifting because sustain supports are constantly being nerfed.

The meta's not really shifting.
What's shifting is the amount of choices you can make for team comps. Sustain supports and Kill supports were always there for grabs. It's just now sustain lanes can't beat kill lanes easily, which is why more aggressive supports pop out. But then again that's not the only factor.
Teams also like the balanced supports who have roles in teamplay (Lulu, Taric, Sona).
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2012 1:59pm | Report
ap tops not called kennen or vlad basically have a gank me pls tag on their back. any ad mid with no built in escape is pretty screwed too.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide