Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

A Re-Evaluation of The Bloodthirster

Creator: Jebus McAzn July 20, 2011 12:42pm
1 2
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2011 12:45pm | Report

Trojan: Yeah, Ashe and Trist are the two ranged DPS where it's uncommon to rush BT over IE.

Corki usually rushes either BT, Manamune, or Triforce nowadays - I haven't seen a Corki rush IE yet.

Corki is one of the rarer champions to get IE on, but as shown in Chaox's guide, later on he makes a choice between BT and IE, which was mainly what I was referring to.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 2:50pm | Report
They buffed Bloodthirster recently. Reduced the cost by 200. T'was needed. It's pretty decent now
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Keels
<Editor>
Keels's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 3:56pm | Report
But.... wtf why are you guys always considering one or the other? IE is simply crucial to a character, but the only time I would consider leaving out Bloodthirster is if I'm running off-tank, and there's simply no room for it. Unless you're running Atmogs, then get both!
The bloodthirster is gimped w/out armor pen. So if I have to choose between bloodthirster and an Arpen item, I definitely choose arpen. The loss of sustain usually means I run a beefier build. I thought the hate it received was unnecessary. It's great AD, and often a carry's only source of lifesteal.

I don't care about my rep, but you can +rep if you want to.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 11:44pm | Report
Keels: generally all you need as an AD carry to maximize your dps is IE, LW, and PD. Standard build for most Ashe players, and very solid on most ranged dps.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 11:55pm | Report

Keels: generally all you need as an AD carry to maximize your dps is IE, LW, and PD. Standard build for most Ashe players, and very solid on most ranged dps.

That really differs from champion to champion.

That maximizes auto-attack DPS.

Not directed at Jebus, but on topic:

Champs with scaling damage skills will be able to compensate for the gap in DPS with their bolstered abilities, and thus the sustain becomes worth it. On champs like Ashe and Tristana, the sustain is almost never worth the gap in DPS, especially since these champs must get I-Edge somewhere in their build (which makes them either too glass cannon or pushes back their I-Edge too far).

For instance: Sivir gets a lot of her damage from her [boomerang blade]. So, she can either build -
1. a bloodthirster - lots of damage on boomerang blade, lots of damage on [bouncing blades], lots of damage overall, and lots of sustain too
2. an infinity edge - less damage on boomerang blade, less damage on bouncing blades, much more damage on standard auto-attacks (especially once she gets PD), but no sustain

In these instances, it's more like "do I need pure damage or damage/indirect defense hybrid"

But how often this question should be asked, and in what circumstances to weigh the options, is different from champion to champion.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide