Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AD quints on Corki

Creator: Searz April 27, 2011 3:20pm
1 2 3
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 2:32pm | Report
Searz wrote:

@EvilDice
It's closer to 7.5 extra damage. 0.675 extra true damage is always nice.

But the main benefit of AD quints isn't the extra damage from abilities. It's the bonus to early damage and lasthitting prowess. +7.5 damage on each attack can help loads with lasthitting.

If last hitting is the biggest reason for getting them I will pass. First off the more health you last hit a minion with the more you push a lane. Second last hitting isn't particularly hard with Corki because of his passive.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 4:13pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

If last hitting is the biggest reason for getting them I will pass.

... Isn't the reason behind the AS glyphs and seals that you want better lasthitting prowess?

Quoted:
First off the more health you last hit a minion with the more you push a lane.

Saying this to a someone at my experience level is like telling someone to not forget breathing...
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 7:44pm | Report
Yea, the main reason for AS is for better last hitting, and this involves last hitting multiple minions at a lower health.

I guess my point with the higher health thing is that you really shouldn't want to push a lane(at least pre-6) early on so you should want to last hit the minions at a lower health, meaning the AD quints are essentially useless.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 3:58am | Report
Ask anyone(even high elo players). Having more AD early on can make the difference between getting several minion kills and missing them because they got to 1 or 2hp after your attack.

The biggest reasons for using AD quints are that 2 of your spells deal a little more damage, that your early damage will be huge and that you will have a little easier time lasthitting.

All very good things imo, but if you don't like them it's your loss :P

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 7:12am | Report
I feel that more AS would solve this problem more than more AD because you can hit the minions faster. It's also pretty nice for early 1v1 fights. Idk man, I guess both can be good... Maybe it's playstyle.

PS I use the same rune build as reginald if that changes anything for you :P

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

jdubea
<Member>
jdubea's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 7:26am | Report
Not to mention the fact that if you harass with several auto-attacks, 7.5 damage can really add up and prevent that 20 health enemy from getting away.
Who dat talkin' 'bout beatin' dem Saints?

Anivia - Nunu - Shaco - Nasus - Corki
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 11:28am | Report
jdubea wrote:

Not to mention the fact that if you harass with several auto-attacks, 7.5 damage can really add up and prevent that 20 health enemy from getting away.

Yea, that's a nice little advantage too.

EvilDice wrote:

It's also pretty nice for early 1v1 fights.

But in those fights AD quints are actually better.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide