Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Ashe - Back in the Ballgame?

Creator: Klausenheim February 1, 2012 12:12pm
1 2 3 4
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:12pm | Report
So I am sitting at work scrolling through the Zigg's patch notes (can't wait to try him!) and noticed Ashe got some pretty significant base-stat boosts.

Is this enough to push her back into an AD-carry role instead of her current psuedo-carry / support role?

I've always been a huge fan of her skillset (scouting, turning the tide of a teamfight with her ultimate, brutally punishing anyone who overextends with your perma slow), but lately she has really been out-done by other carries.

Obviously she is still missing a great damage steroid (Vayne's arrows / tumble, Caitlynn's headshot, etc), so I'm not falling head over heals yet...but I'm so hopeful!
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:15pm | Report
Weeee shalllll seeeee... Summoner.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:16pm | Report
I doubt it. Her main problems have always been her weak damage in lane and her lack of an escape, none of which was changed. She'll be slightly more durable in lane but that's about it.

(though I don't think she's ever been bad)
example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:25pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

I doubt it. Her main problems have always been her weak damage in lane and her lack of an escape, none of which was changed. She'll be slightly more durable in lane but that's about it.

(though I don't think she's ever been bad)

This is flat-out untrue. The reduced cooldown timer on volley and increased mana are HUGE buffs to her early-game damage. She still doesn't have an escape spell, but neither does Sivir really, and Sivir's considered strong post-rework. She's still not top-tier, but that's a function of how the dynamic of LoL has changed, especially with all the new champs (specifically, all the dashes/escapes). Ahri still completely ***** on Ashe because Ashe has no way to avoid her, but then again Yi has always done that.

She's not going to be top-tier without a full, balls-out rework because she doesn't have a Tumble/Net/Quickdraw and she doesn't have the same burst mid-to-late, and I don't think her rank in the list of AD carries changes, but she's still a much stronger pick than she was before.

EDIT: Also, if you plan on playing Ashe in ranked, ban Ahri. There is literally nothing Ashe can do to protect herself from Ahri.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:27pm | Report
My main AD carry is Ashe. I am pleased with this.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:31pm | Report

This is flat-out untrue. The reduced cooldown timer on volley and increased mana are HUGE buffs to her early-game damage.

Was actually talking about her really low base AD and lack of a steroid. The reduced cooldown on Volley helps but being so easy to avoid it's still not going to do much imo.
example1013
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:56pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

Was actually talking about her really low base AD and lack of a steroid. The reduced cooldown on Volley helps but being so easy to avoid it's still not going to do much imo.

Volley is easy to minion-block, but Ashe isn't a champ who does well trading early, so the easy solution is to force opponents in front of their minions for trades, which puts them in volley range. It's almost impossible to dodge in a clear lane. She has enough range to help avoid the same kind of AA other champs have to take early. No matter what, Ashe is a champ that's only going to do well with perfect positioning, because of what you said, but she's now a lot more capable of clearing waves, trading, and surviving early.

To compare to a much higher dps carry: Graves has 2 high damage abiities that scale well off of AD with pretty good range and no minion blocking. He also has a steroid and much higher base AD. Ashe, however, has slightly higher base AS with two (three, if you want) CC abilities, one of which is an on-hit that can permaslow. Ashe isn't supposed to be doing millions of damage early, she's supposed to be farming, harassing, and kiting to survive so she can do millions of damage late. Blink champions like Ahri and Kassadin still totally **** her over, but would it really be fair to have an uncatchable champ (because of an escape) that does tons of damage all game with built-in permaslow and wtflongeststuninthegame?
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:59pm | Report
I just stack phantom dancers and get rod of ages. Then you don't need to do damage because you never run out of 1.
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 8:36am | Report

Ashe isn't supposed to be doing millions of damage early, she's supposed to be farming, harassing, and kiting to survive so she can do millions of damage late. Blink champions like Ahri and Kassadin still totally **** her over, but would it really be fair to have an uncatchable champ (because of an escape) that does tons of damage all game with built-in permaslow and wtflongeststuninthegame?

Agreed. I'm fine trading a little damage for the extra utility Ashe had, IF she can still fulfill her role as an AD carry. I still haven't had time to play her since yesterday (working overtime fails), but I'm glad a few other people have taken the new buffs to heart.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
example1013
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 8:57am | Report
I'll be honest, the only buff I was going to suggest before this was to lower the CD and/or mana cost of Volley so it'd be more spammable and she'd have an easier time in range (besides some sort of passive rework to make her passive useful as a dps increase). The health and mana bonuses are actually even better than what I was thinking of, though.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide