Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Bom Tangan - The Veteran Grenadier

Creator: Dotter August 29, 2011 9:32am
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 9:32am | Report

Facts

Name: Bom Tangan – The Grenadier Veteran
Type: Caster
Range: 550

Basic Concept

This champion is a male caster yordle, who mainly uses grenades, which have different abilities. His standard attacks are small grenades that explode when they hit a target.
He uses mana for using abilities and his is rather squishy. He has different CC abilities and he is a bit like Ezreal, because he has tons!1!11! of skillshots. He requires some skill to master, but he has low cooldowns, so he is like a baws and stuff.

Look:

He is small like the other yordles. He wears military clothes and has a rocket launcher attached to his bag. He is old, has a beard and a scar across his left eye. He wears a belt with grenades attached to it.

Base Stats:

Health: 375 (+ 76 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 1743 HP
Mana: 255 (+ 48 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 1119 Mana
Damage: 48 (+ 2.65 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 95.7 Damage
Attack speed: 0.615 (+ %1.65 per lvl) ~~~~~> lvl 18: 0.6447 AS
Range: 550
Armor: 11.5 (+3.5 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 74.5 Armor
Magic Resist: 30 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 30 MR
Health regen: 0.94 (+0.11 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 2.92 HP/5
Mana regen: 1.39 (+0.12 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 3.55 HP/5

Skillset

Passive – Boom, Blast and Ruins
Bom Tangan attacks deal splash damage to enemies near his target.
Autoattacks deal 40/50/60% physical splash damage to up to 4 targets (included the main target).
Radius: 325

Q – Fire in the hole
Bom Tangan throws an exploding grenade at an area dealing damage on impact and setting targets on fire.

Fire in the hole deals 80/110/140/170/200(+0.4 ability power) magic damage on impact and burns the targets for 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5 seconds reducing the targets' healing effect with 35%.

Cooldown: 7 seconds on all levels
Mana cost: 75 mana on all levels
Range: 700
Radius: 300
(Works like Mundo's cleaver, but with AoE impact)

W - Blinded by the light
Bom Tangan fires a flash grenade at an area messing up their ******** sight, yo!

Bom Tangan launches a flash grenade at an are blinding targets hit for 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.00/2.25. If the enemy casts an ability during this period, they are slowed for 30% for 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 10 seconds on all levels.
Mana cost: 75/70/65/60/55
Range: 775
Radius: 375
(This ability works like Urgot's Noxian Corrosive Charge.

E – Jump the gun
Bom Tangan jumps in a direction firing small bombs to the sides dealing magic damage.

Bom Tangan jump in a linear route firing 3/4/5 (lvl 1/3/5) grenades to each side. Each grenade deals 60/70/80/90/100 damage (+0.2 AP+0.35 extra AD). If a target is hit by 2+ grenades, the target will be stunned for 1.5 seconds on all levels. A target can only be hit by max 3 grenades

Cooldown: 15 seconds on all levels
Mana cost: 75 on all levels
Range: 525/550/575/600/625
Radius on grenades: 50

(Works like Tristana's Rocket Jump)

This might be OP?

R(Ultimate) – B.F. Rocket
Bom Tangan fires a rocket at a target dealing magic damage.

B.F. Rocket deals 325/375/425(+0.65 AP) magic damage to the target and 170/240/310(+0.55 AD) to enemy champions around the target. If Bom Tangan is below 40/55/70% of his maximum HP while casting this B.F. Rocket heals him for 15% of his maximum HP if it hits 3 enemies or more and it silences for 1.25/1.75/2.25 seconds.

Cooldown: 130/115/100 seconds
Mana Cost: 100/150/200
Radius: 325
Ranged: 600

Thoughts? OP? UP? Needs tweaks and stuff?
gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 11:38am | Report
oh my. A champion concept not made by one of the three people that usualy post here.

What does this mean?

OOOOOooook now onto the cereal stuff.

I think the passive should be temporary but stronger-I don't like the idea of a passive equaling an item effect, Riot never does that and I agree with them.

Post up the numbers for the damage while burning on Q (I'm assuming it does a DOT)

I see no W, could you not think of anything, or did you just forget? =P

So, the E has about the range of Shadow Dash (but with longer CD). I'm assuming that it isn't really meant to be an escape because of this, though it could be if you got a little lucky. What I really think it's meant for is damage. I may be wrong here, but this is how I imagine this skill: (zeroes are grenades)
0 0 0
- - ->Tangan
0 0 0

If I'm correct, this means that any higher range would make it suck because the nades would be too spread apart. At this point, I think if you're in melee range, you're guaranteed 2 or 3 nades hitting, which is a ton of damage (plus the stun) BUT, you'd have to be in melee range in the first place, which seems super risky for this guy. Looking back on it, I like it. It's a blink that's not an insta escape and has a high risk reward kinda thing.

B.F. rocket? Hahaha

Ok, you can up the BD more per level, Tristana's ult goes up 100 damage per level. Also, you might want to up the scaling on both the initial damage and AOE. The utility part seems OK, but spell vamp+ being low on HP means massive health gain, and the silence seems a little worthless at 1 second.

What I would do is lower the heal % but make it a % of his max hp, also upping the silence, lowering CD and BD, upping ratio.
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 12:24pm | Report
wth? The W is gone x)
I'll add it again :p

The E is meant for damage and works as you thought. I think building items like Abyssal Mask, Zhonya's Hourglass, Rod of Ages and Hextech Gunblade, since he also scales a bit with AD.

Thanks for the feedback, and the idea is that he can be build a bit bulky, kinda like Kennen, who can also be an AP carry if fed early.

I'll try to implement what you said to make him more balanced.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 12:24pm | Report
and btw, I did post alot of ideas earlier, but there are so few in this sub-forum, that I kinda stopped being here x)
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 4:17pm | Report
nah man, stacking Tiamat on this guy OP, Also not so sure his Q should be a skillshot, sounds much more like a gragas barrel
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 5:41pm | Report
lol xD
Well that's the point of the Q. You need to be able to aim to make it useful at harrasing. If not the healing reduction would be kinda OP in laning phase. ^^ At least imo.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 6:14pm | Report
I liked it. Seems kinda OP, but you tryed hard to balance. Still, his W blind is kinda long and building full DPS with ArPen would just rock ***es in teamfights.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 12:22pm | Report
Yeah, it's actually too long x) I agree on that

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide