Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Boots of mobility on midlaner?

Creator: CantaGallo February 19, 2013 1:20am
1 2
CantaGallo
<Member>
CantaGallo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 1:20am | Report
When You manage to take some early kills, and you want to snowball as midlaner, roaming/ganking often, is a good idea to build Mobility Boots ? On many mid laners You can take magic penetration with Haunting Guise and You can sell later those boots ... If it is a viable idea, when is it viable? And what characters would benefit more?
Thanks to Lacorpse for sig
check out my crazy guide
hybrid taric solo top

Put a gem in to their face and hit them hard

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 3:54am | Report
Probs on already good roamers like Akali/Diana and the likes. I personally hate those boots and find them ******ed.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 7:08am | Report
Pantheon and Talon also want to roam and don't benefit from MPen, so Mobility tends to be great on those two as well. Or they can build Merc's, depending on how the game goes.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
CantaGallo
<Member>
CantaGallo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 7:17am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Pantheon and Talon also want to roam and don't benefit from MPen, so they tend to be great on those two as well. Or they can build Merc's, depending on how the game goes.

I am talking right about those games that go really well in the beginning , being ahead in CS and with a kill or two, while You're playing an assassin (AP or AD) in midlane...
Thanks to Lacorpse for sig
check out my crazy guide
hybrid taric solo top

Put a gem in to their face and hit them hard

lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 7:21am | Report
If you are doing well in lane, as an assassin, you're probably just not worried about what your lane opponent is doing. You see them, you kill them. Not really a big deal what kind of boots you have.

Honestly, the decision should be based mostly on how often you're leaving lane and running around. How you are doing in your own lane isn't the main factor in the decision. If you are leaving lane and running around a lot, get Mobility. Otherwise, get defensive boots.

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 7:38am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Honestly, the decision should be based mostly on how often you're leaving lane and running around. How you are doing in your own lane isn't the main factor in the decision. If you are leaving lane and running around a lot, get Mobility. Otherwise, get defensive boots.

Entirely this.

I've had to run games where I wen Mobility+Guise on Swain, simply because I could kill the guy and had to run to other lanes a lot. This was also in S2 so, take away from it what you will.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 9:01am | Report
As an assassin in a solo queue game, you must get them. You will need them to roam everywhere and snowball all lanes out of control to archive victory in your game. That is why you pick them in solo queue.
He is gonna kill you!!!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 9:19am | Report
I've never taken Mobility Boots on any assassin.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 10:06am | Report
I only take this item for Sion mid.

That is because he can poke easier with his Q-W combo.

I also take this for supports sometimes.

Except for those situations, you won't see me with dat item :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 10:20am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

I also take this for supports sometimes.

I used to build it on supports, but I've found that nine times out of ten it works just as well to not upgrade your boots until later. Several supports have ways to increase their mobility anyway. Defensive boots are also really nice on supports.

Mobility would probably not be very good in Sion, if you only want to poke with it. It takes too long to get the extra MS and is too easy to lose it, so you'd probably find it more consistent to use Sorc's and get an early Alacrity enchant to help close range.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide