Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Boots of mobility on midlaner?

Creator: CantaGallo February 19, 2013 1:20am
1 2
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 10:28am | Report
my favourite boots for jungling/ganking. =3

Sig made by Hogopogo
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 10:58am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

As an assassin in a solo queue game, you must get them.

Because god forbid most melee assassins actually have good base MS and Mobility and using boots that can benefit early skirmishes and teamfights.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 1:17pm | Report
Tried them out just now (diana, ranked) out of curiosity and I found them completely irrelevant, had to switch to mercs after 5 minutes because facking leona + seju.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 3:36pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Tried them out just now (diana, ranked) out of curiosity and I found them completely irrelevant, had to switch to mercs after 5 minutes because facking leona + seju.

don't trashtalk my lovers... =(

Sig made by Hogopogo
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 5:51pm | Report
Boots uses breakdown:

Boots of mobility: Help you gank faster allowing for less time for the enemy to notice you're MIA. It also cuts down on the time that you're out of lane I.E. not farming. Is useless during the gank.

Merc Treads: Decreases the poke you take in mid lane, and makes you more survivable against cc. Inadvertently makes ganks more effective, because the panic stuns will not be as effective.

Sorc Shoes: Increases poking effectiveness making you harder to deal with mid, Also helps with ganking because you do more damage.

Well there you go. Find your prioritize and buy accordingly.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 6:28pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Mobility would probably not be very good in Sion, if you only want to poke with it. It takes too long to get the extra MS and is too easy to lose it, so you'd probably find it more consistent to use Sorc's and get an early Alacrity enchant to help close range.

Mobility boots are actually good on Sion since you want to roam and push your mid game advantage and catch people out of position. For AD Sion Swiftness or Greaves are probably better because of the slow reduction being better vs most comps, but mobility are good on AP. Sorc and Ionian are also semi viable choices.

Forgottenduty
<Member>
Forgottenduty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 4:32am | Report
I find them quite good on Alistar as well. Helps a lot to initiate fights, unless you are not carefull and you lose the speedbuff before you get into range.
-Come back with your shield,or on it-
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 7:57pm | Report
Mobility Boots are amazing on ad burst champs that go mid.
Wukong, Pantheon and even Talon love the ability to just roam everywhere and get kills all over the map.

Though, Evelynn love them to.
Just casually turn invisible in lane and wander down to bot lane for an easy double kill.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

Vamp18
<Member>
Vamp18's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 4:00am | Report
I used to buy Mobility Boots with Talon back in season 2 just for the laning phase though. After laning phase I would just sell and buy w/e other boots were needed depending on what your going against. Mainly goes down to how badly you are whooping your enemy cause I dont really think you want to be roaming and missing alot of cs/xp if your losing.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide