Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Building Jax: AD vs. Hybrid

Creator: rekh August 8, 2013 3:37pm
1 2
rekh
<Member>
rekh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 3:37pm | Report
So I've always enjoyed playing Jax and I've liked his hybrid damage. However, I'm seeing increasing numbers of guides focusing more on AD in Jax builds, and have seen plenty of claims/discussions on this forum that say "hybrid builds are dead". So I'm wondering if hybrid damage is still effective on Jax, I guess? I like to do Trinity Force followed by a Hextech Gunblade for damage, and then build accordingly from there ( Warmog's Armor or Randuin's Omen for defence, maybe a Blade of the Ruined King or Zephyr for damage). Is it now better to just rush something like Blade of the Ruined King and do more AD/AS items?
And when the blood was sprinkled on the ground where nothing could grow, the Children of the Dragon did spring up, the People of the Dragon, armed to dance with death till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. And he did call them forth from the wasted lands, and they did shake the world with battle.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 8:32am | Report
Jax does fixed magic damage every third strike, so getting AS is great on him, especially considering his passive. So, why not hit hard while you proc it?

Hybrid builds aren't dead. Hybrid Kayles can still own. But they're just weaker versions of more powerful AD or AP oriented builds.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 9:33am | Report
ive tried hextecha bunch of times but i tend to build; bilge triforce botrk with a hex inbetween if vs strong ap. after that i go tank

hybrid needs more items to get rolling and that means his tankitems will get delayed

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
Killercomic
<Member>
Killercomic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 10:05am | Report
Hybrids are not dead. They just need more time to really be effective when everyone else is stacking AD/AP. Therefore might be a con opposing to pure builds. But if you have the time to farm it out, i'd still take a hybrid over AD. Especially in Jax's case.
~ Nihil lacrima citius arescit, tempus fugit.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 10:07am | Report

Hybrids are not dead. They just need more time to really be effective when everyone else is stacking AD/AP. Therefore might be a con opposing to pure builds. But if you have the time to farm it out, i'd still take a hybrid over AD. Especially in Jax's case.

They pretty much are. There's a limited supply of good hybrid items and they are all crazy expensive.
Killercomic
<Member>
Killercomic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 10:09am | Report

They pretty much are. There's a limited supply of good hybrid items and they are all crazy expensive.

Therefore takes a lot time. I'd say do it if you can, but in the more competetive scene that's not gonna happen. If you put it in that way, you could consider Hybrid builds dead.
~ Nihil lacrima citius arescit, tempus fugit.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 10:15am | Report

Therefore takes a lot time. I'd say do it if you can, but in the more competetive scene that's not gonna happen. If you put it in that way, you could consider Hybrid builds dead.

Because it's not as effective as the AD or AP counterparts you can pretty much say it's dead. I'm not saying it doesn't work obviously.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 11:04am | Report
I've got a few effective hybrid builds, fairly cheap too.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
rekh
<Member>
rekh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 11:16am | Report
To those of you saying hybrid builds are dead, what would you recommend building on Jax?

To those of you saying they aren't dead, my friend would like to know why Guinsoo's Rageblade is no longer built on Jax? He feels that the synergy between its passive and Jax's passive is too good to pass up, and I wasn't able to give him much more than no one builds it anymore.
And when the blood was sprinkled on the ground where nothing could grow, the Children of the Dragon did spring up, the People of the Dragon, armed to dance with death till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. And he did call them forth from the wasted lands, and they did shake the world with battle.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 12:11pm | Report
Guinsoo's makes you squishy and other items are more important, i.e. Randuins/Triforce/Gunblade/Bork.

Just build Jax with Triforce + Bilgewater upgrade + tankiness and proceed to 1v5 teams.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide