Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Caitlyn: Second Look

Creator: Xeathan January 5, 2011 6:59pm
1 2 3
Xeathan
<Member>
Xeathan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2011 6:59pm | Report
I honestly think she is a meh carry. She can probably kill most people, 1v1, however I think she has too much utility. Her ultimate does pure damage, but the fact that even a half decent tank can block it is, sorry for my language, ****ing idiotic. Her ultimate is useless in 5's where everyone is sticking together. If her ultimate can penetrate people OR picked one person out and it couldn't be blocked OR had little to no cast time, I think it would be viable. Her trap skill takes too long to activate and is like a rejected idea from Nid. Give her more damage, like for instance, take out the trap and put in something like Armor Piercing Rounds where it increases her armor penetration as a passive and as an active, true damage for 1 critical or something like that. Honestly, I could sit here and think of a million different things that would be so much better for her like a scout or a ward instead of a trap. All in all, I can't say she isn't a bad champion, but I think Riot could of done things a LOT better with her.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2011 7:23pm | Report
I agree. She was a very hyped champion but doesn't really have the abilities or the strength to carry her job out well. Her ultimate needs to hit only the champion you target and it needs a slightly larger range - she'd still be perfectly fine. Her traps should not have a limit of 2 - I'm thinking 3 or 4, while lowering their duration by a minute or two. The net is actually fine.

Of all the games I've played with or against a Caitlyn in the last two days, none of them actually made a difference in the course of the game, instead having other champions carry them to victory or defeat.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2011 7:29pm | Report

Of all the games I've played with or against a Caitlyn in the last two days, none of them actually made a difference in the course of the game, instead having other champions carry them to victory or defeat.

Yep.

I assume no one has her figured out (as should be) and probably won't know what to do with her for a long while. Till then it's free kills yum!

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2011 7:48pm | Report
Every build I've seen is standard ranged carry. I haven't seen a single Caitlyn build her the way I do (bursty DPS with Triforce, Youmuu's, etc). Of course, I'm not that good with her either >.>
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2011 7:54pm | Report
I think that you are being a lil to hasty to judge.

This is the same with all new champs. You wont know how she will do until she has been out for some time. There is no reason to assume that she is a mediocre(SP) carry. It will take time, and many builds to see her real potential.

2 days isnt enough time to judge a champ. There will be that one person that will bring out her potential. Its just a matter of time.

But she is also a Team dependant champion IMO. She is like Ashe in terms fighting. She doesnt have the ability to fight more than one champion. Like Ashe, if she gets focused or ganked, she falls very fast. True she has great CC, but she is very squishy.

She can be game changing. There just needs to be the right build.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2011 8:01pm | Report
nope. all new champions are insta****.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 2:07am | Report
I honestly think she is.. Okay. They could make her better by changing her ult.. I hate the fact that it can be blocked by someone... and maybe you can boost her speed after her ult is used, something like 2-3 seconds, just makes it look alot more appealing. Her traps should be invisible and give it a weak dot, it will make a huge difference, espcially when teemo got invisible mushies that explode and hurt >.> wtf.

plus, they seriously. SERIOUSLY need to make the /j's funny >.>!
hsredna
<Member>
hsredna's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 5:33am | Report
My team mate is playing her alot, and to be honest, she seems extremly easy kill early game, but one hell of kill stealer late give with a bucket load of attack speed.
She can be pretty annoying solo mid lane agenst, but have yet to see any master her even decent.
But what do i know, im only level 11
teemo is cute teehee
Shak3y
<Member>
Shak3y's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 6:28am | Report

2 days isnt enough time to judge a champ. There will be that one person that will bring out her potential. Its just a matter of time.

...Then we must find....the ONE!
Think. analysis. and improve you game. Always
TheGluttony
<Member>
TheGluttony's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 8:20am | Report
Love seeing her Ultimate getting blocked by Pantheon passive! ^^
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide