Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Caitlyn: Second Look

Creator: Xeathan January 5, 2011 6:59pm
1 2 3
Diego
<Member>
Diego's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2011 6:51pm | Report
If you ask me I really feel like her Ace in the Hole is bugged because even when I shoot a squishy it only deals the base damage when I have an added 200 or so on it.

^^^^^^^
Magical portal! (click it)
I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid
TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
TheWorldAsunder's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2011 11:25pm | Report
Didn't say she as a whole was meh. I actually think she's rather strong. I do, however, think her ult is meh at the moment, and needs a whole lot of fixing just because it has a lot of problems right now. It probably will get fixed, but I was just suggesting an interesting change to it which wouldn't require a lot of other fixing. =)
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2011 8:25pm | Report
You suggested something that got something else. Such is the way of Chaos

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2011 8:44pm | Report
I've actually just finished and published a burst/AS carry guide to Caitlyn. In all my games with one on my team, I have yet to see a single one start out the way I do - rush Sheen and then get a Trinity Force later.
nand
<Member>
nand's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 2:51pm | Report
She needs a 100% hit chance on her ultimate and a larger blink distance (like Corki).

After all, 100% hit chance no matter what would only make sense - since she's the ultimate sniper lining up a "perfect shot".

Also, unlimited traps so she can actually provide map awareness similar to Nidalee.

Caitlyn has an *awesome* early and early/mid game, especially with Sheen - but she simply does not scale into Lategame, so you'd effectively need to win within ~25 minutes for her to be effective. And if the enemies see a Caitlyn on your team, they sure as hell aren't going to give up and surrender.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 11:04pm | Report
Diego wrote:

If you ask me I really feel like her Ace in the Hole is bugged because even when I shoot a squishy it only deals the base damage when I have an added 200 or so on it.

Armor?

nand wrote:

She needs a 100% hit chance on her ultimate and a larger blink distance (like Corki).

After all, 100% hit chance no matter what would only make sense - since she's the ultimate sniper lining up a "perfect shot".

Also, unlimited traps so she can actually provide map awareness similar to Nidalee.

Caitlyn has an *awesome* early and early/mid game, especially with Sheen - but she simply does not scale into Lategame, so you'd effectively need to win within ~25 minutes for her to be effective. And if the enemies see a Caitlyn on your team, they sure as hell aren't going to give up and surrender.

Atm i am realy annoyed by not shooting the ult at all. It often bugs out starts to channel and break for no reason, also it should penetrate the targets not stop on them, becouse it is becoming totaly useless once teamfight phase kicks in.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 7:57am | Report
I believe that you stop channeling if your target gets out of range of the spell - maybe that's why you broke out of the channel?

I agree - it should be a piercing round.
nand
<Member>
nand's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 7:58am | Report

I believe that you stop channeling if your target gets out of range of the spell - maybe that's why you broke out of the channel?

I agree - it should be a piercing round.

It also happens if the enemy stealths. I managed to Clairvoyance + Lock on a very low HP Evelynn once with no tank in sight, ecstatic about my kill, and then shortly before she died her stealth triggered and it interrupted my channel, with the skill still going on the full cooldown.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide