Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Caitlyn: Second Look

Creator: Xeathan January 5, 2011 6:59pm
Kael312
<Member>
Kael312's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 12:16pm | Report
ive managed to do pretty good with her early on, proper harassing is a huge help, but i definitely think she fizzles late game, i can push like its mah job for the first 5 levels, then its a slow decline, didnt think what phreak said about her being best early would mean till 7, damn
Blind Monk =/= Udyr. Please do not make that mistake; Blind Monk was made of pure awesome, from concentrate. - Guinsoo
TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
TheWorldAsunder's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 7:04pm | Report
I really think a cool change to her ultimate is to let it crit, or do some extra damage (Around 250%) if you have the headshot proc up. Of course, it would waste the headshot, rather than your next A attack. Would be a decent buff, and it would make her even more interesting to play.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 7:07pm | Report

I really think a cool change to her ultimate is to let it crit, or do some extra damage (Around 250%) if you have the headshot proc up. Of course, it would waste the headshot, rather than your next A attack. Would be a decent buff, and it would make her even more interesting to play.

Kind of how I play TF. Wait till I have stacked deck until I ult for a kill. It's a bit more interesting, certainly. Anything that adds a new dynamic to the champion is good.

Kael312
<Member>
Kael312's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 7:26pm | Report
her ult can crit btw
Blind Monk =/= Udyr. Please do not make that mistake; Blind Monk was made of pure awesome, from concentrate. - Guinsoo
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 7:47pm | Report
You guys are all wrong; people that have been playing her have been playing her wrong.

She's not a US hero, that's for sure, but in EU, she's very treasured. Just like how TF isn't a valued hero in US, whereas TF in EU shines.

She's not a "meh" carry, she's a very good one. From playing EU servers the past few days, I can tell you that she is VERY good at laning phase and gank phase - since EU's gank phase lasts a LOT longer than US, she's a VERY good hero.

Basically, don't judge a hero just because people are playing her wrong - limiting your views to a certain playstyle will cripple your abilities as a MOBA genre player. This is partially the reason I extended my LoL experience to EU, it's a lot more like DotA where carries win games.

Coming from DotA and seeing other DotA veterans use her well backs this up; if you haven't played DotA or EU and think Caitlyn is a bad hero, then think again, because you're in need of a reality check from EU.
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 8:41pm | Report
Code:
and seeing other DotA veterans use her well
who culd this be? :o

but srly. she is a very potent carry? why? SHE CAN FARM EASY AND MANA EFFICENT! remember. what makes a pontent carry? CASH. and cait got a really nice range. (best). u don't need much to carry. it helps that she got really good utility. makeing it really easy to kite.

ult. maybe usless in clumbed teamfights. amazeing in ganks... think u see this ult for something easlse. + in teamfights u shuld not be casteing it any way.

for example. my 1st game. i carryd! how? farmeing 4 bloodthirsters... not harder than that. getting kills with ult and pro snipeing skills helps ofc.
TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 9:14pm | Report
I do agree that she is a pretty powerful carry considering how well she farms. But yeah, I still think her ult could use a little something.
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2011 6:31am | Report
How can anyone say her Ult needs work? I mean really.

IDK how many times Ive seen that Ult do what its suppose to.

Ive been playing shen recently, and i have to admit that he is one of the bes tanks Ive played. So easy to set up kills and such, but thats not the point.

I was playing some SR and I initated a team fight. My team destroyed. I mean the focus went down in like 3 sec, than the others took their beatings. But as their Teemo and Ashe tried to run, Cait started to ult on Ashe. As Ashe turned a corner and Cait shot, Teemo stepped into the shot. That killed him nad my Dash came up in time to get ashe and take her out.

I cant say that her Ult needs work. Again, I still think that she is Team Dependant

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2011 2:11pm | Report

How can anyone say her Ult needs work? I mean really.

IDK how many times Ive seen that Ult do what its suppose to.

Ive been playing shen recently, and i have to admit that he is one of the bes tanks Ive played. So easy to set up kills and such, but thats not the point.

I was playing some SR and I initated a team fight. My team destroyed. I mean the focus went down in like 3 sec, than the others took their beatings. But as their Teemo and Ashe tried to run, Cait started to ult on Ashe. As Ashe turned a corner and Cait shot, Teemo stepped into the shot. That killed him nad my Dash came up in time to get ashe and take her out.

I cant say that her Ult needs work. Again, I still think that she is Team Dependant

I can't tell you how many times that I've been playing her, and seen her ult NOT do what it's supposed to. For one, it's currently bugged a bit, and going into brush can sometimes evade it. (Akali's cloud will too.) Along with that, it's just way too simple to block it for a lot of characters, wheras most cleanup kill ults (IE: Lux, Ez, Karth) all hit multiple enemies, do far more damage and have better range, wheras Cait's is probably the lowest damage, hits only one enemy, and can be blocked. =/
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2011 4:17pm | Report
Its one of those things that needs to be worked on. You cant say that she is meh after only beng out for not even a full week. It takes time to make a new champ great

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide