Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Champion Idea] Harpie

Creator: jhoijhoi October 7, 2012 4:53am
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 9:23am | Report

Interesting idea, but her ultimate (IMO) would be broken. Considering she becomes un-targetable for the duration of the ability it breaks the mold of all previous suppression based abilities. In that there is absolutely no risk for the reward. Skarner's ultimate is short ranged so he has to be on top of the enemy to use it, even after using it he is somewhat exposed. Warwick has a long range, but he is immobilized and brought directly to the target. Malzahar is medium ranged and is immobilized for the duration. Giving her the ability to pick up and "peace out" with an enemy carry while her team can jut nuke them without issue is a problem. Sure she is "suppressed" too (though it would technically be a silence because she can't use abilities but can move). It isn't enough "risk" to balance the reward.

Just make the range extremely short then, or...... make it a skillshot ability.
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 9:27am | Report
Even then, she can flash in (like Skarner has to) and then fly away completely untargetable...I mean if the "victim" was un-targetable too I'd still consider it broken, because they're dropped presumably "behind enemy lines" where even a flash might not save them.
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 9:30am | Report
I love the sound of that ultimate // instabuy ^^
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 9:39am | Report
the passive is a bit eh you should make the W do something with it unless W has a base damage already

E is confusing to me, does she fly over there and the go back to where she was or what?

i dont really like the idea of the ult because of how you can take someone with, like jeffy said, no risk

but yeah there should be some kind of harpie because its something they havent done yet
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 10:04am | Report
If I'm being honest, I don't like any of her abilities o.o

Her passive asks for attack speed, but then her Q is like LOL JK ATTACKING IS POINTLESS
Her W is just completely random, and doesn't really fit.
Her E is REALLY OP, but then again, she has no need for attack speed at all, so it seems kinda pointless, other than the main effect.
Her ult is game breakingly OP, just for this one skill, ban her every game, or stop playing league.

I like the idea of a harpie, but reaaallly dislike this one. o.o
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 10:12am | Report
So the champion has to mediocre then to even be considered?

Has this not been realised or something.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 10:24am | Report
Not mediocre. Just shouldn't have a random kit with no synergy, and then a game breakingly OP ult.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 10:46am | Report

Not mediocre. Just shouldn't have a random kit with no synergy, and then a game breakingly OP ult.

Not everything has to synergise for a champion >.>

And... Blitzcrank.

Also why I said it could be a skill-shot, so Harpie aims and dives in that direction which does create a risk, if you miss you will end up where you landed. Thinking outside the square.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 11:19am | Report
i think a cool thing for her ult that still has the whole flying thing in it is like make it a dash skillshot that grabs a champion and backflips back to where you were to stun the champion or something like that

and if it misses you are stuck there so it has a risk
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 11:24am | Report
With the same general feel, this would be my version.

Innate-Feral Talons: Each auto attack applies a stacking DoT that scales with level. Stacks up to 5 times. At max stacks, you deal bonus damage on hit.

Q-Double Claw: Attacks twice (think Twin Bite), does physical dmg, applies on hit, and scales with total AD.

W-Screech: Deals damage in a large cone(think Force Pulse), minor ap scaling, and slows all enemies hit (doesn't make sense, but neither does Voli's roar. Gameplay is more important)
^I'm really not sure about this ability, it's subject to change^

E-Swoop: A skillshot dash. Think Body Slam only narrower, longer range, and not AoE at the end, deals physical damage to the first enemy champion you contact, and applies one stack of your passive. This skill refreshes on kill or assist.

R-Harpie's Descent: Grips an enemy champion, and soars into the air, off screen. After one second, -Harpy's name here- comes soaring down slamming the target into the ground dealing large damage flat physical damage. Additionally, a shockwave is sent out from the impact (normal AoE sized, about Rupture not anything too huge) dealing magic damage to those caught in it (not as much as the target gets) and stunning all enemies caught in the shockwave for 1 second. NOTE 'HARPY' WILL BE ABLE TO MOVE DURING THIS SKILL, BUT AT A REDUCED SPEED. (If anyone has played Super Smash Brothers, think of how the warp star item works. This would be similar, only would stun instead of sending everyone flying)

This solidifies her as a definate attack speed based champion, who will want to get her stacks up, and keep them up. She can't just Q once, and not worry about it, and when she gets them maxed, she still benefits a lot from attack speed. (the max stack bonus on her passive, and the fact that she'll likely build on hit for her Q)

Additionally, her ult is more reasonable. It doesn't last so long, so you can't just pull someone freely like skarner, AND it grants additional benefits for actually flying INTO the enemy team (adds fun risk/reward factor) while still having the same general feel.

I feel her E + R combo would be extremely fun, and rewarding, and Q meshes with her passive extremely well.

She still feels like a badass harpy this way, and her kit is fun, and works together well. She may require some tweaks (I'm unsure about her W skill, and I don't know whether for sure I want her phys or magic dmg) but overall, I feel this would be good o:

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide