Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Cho'Gath and Kog'Maw

Creator: activefire January 11, 2011 11:33pm
1 2
activefire
<Member>
activefire's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 11:33pm | Report
Hi all,

I am an avid Kog'Maw player and I know he has the potential to do massive damage to champions. SO I want to know from you awesome Cho'Gath players: What goes through your mind when you see the opposing team had a Kog'Maw. Also what is a great way to kill Cho'Gath besides making sure that he has no feasts.
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 12:09am | Report
Weird question, Kog'Maw can be extreamly dangerous in the right hands, his range and damage is just so damn annoying. With that being said, cho'gath is quite slow with alot of health and depending how you build him, resonably average damage. Basically Cho'gath doesn't have much of a chance and neither does a kog'maw. If cho'gath effectively farms minions with a Vorpal Spikes > Feral Scream combo then he can get health really quickly. Kog'maw has long range so he can attack you from the distance, try and get the kog'maw in a rapture..followed by Feral Scream to silence him, so he cannot slow you and trolololo away, depending on your summoner skills (common ones include Exhaust and ghost, or ignite and ghost) activate your exhaust on him first, damage him as much as you can, roll ur face on your keyboard and spam everything besides feast, after the exhaust is over use ghost, tower dive him if you must, finish him with feast, which should do around 1000 damage. Or, ghost after the silence is over on him and try and wack him as hard as you can, use feast then ignite if he is low on HP. Sadly this is just theory craft, Im not sure it would work in the battle field, since we havn't considered allies, partners, the skill of the kog'maw.

Cho'Gath is just a monster, but he can be very squishy in the start, try and kill/farm him off during the early to mid game, alot of cho'gath's go solo in a lane and feast on little minions, try and catch him then and kill him. A bad thing about cho'gath is at late game, you will need 4 people to take down 1 cho'gath, try and finish the game fast!
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 12:12am | Report
Agree w/ above.

Cho gath is one of the strongest tanks late game due to how he utilizes hit points and Force of Nature. add some cooldown and some armor, and he is literally unstoppable. You saw Guardsman Bob with his locket visage Udyr? Thats what a late game chogath looks like. Unstoppable. Finish him off early, and for gods sake if you are a carry avoid him at all costs. His feast will destroy you.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 12:16am | Report
There are a few counters to Cho which is good, Excecutioners calling, Madreds and Deathfire Grasp. Other then this... GTFO!
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 2:07am | Report
And stupid skills which do % of health ( they hurt little Chog'ath very much) like Amumu's Despair.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 2:42am | Report
I reacently picked upp cho'gath. and i can tell you. a solo lane Cho, that gets to farm. ussaly ends in : GG for the other team
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 5:53am | Report
Even those % skills, they dont do THAT much to chogath because he has like...
122 health regen per second or something stupid like that. And he has like 180 MR...
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 7:17am | Report
Well consider that Bio-Arcane Barrage has ****tons of damage, especially in conjunction with Madred's Bloodrazor. And let's face it - EVERY AD/AS Kog'Maw gets Bloodrazor. If Cho'Gath has 6000 health, you're dealing an additional 600 magic damage per shot - not counting MR, of course. At roughly 2.1 attack speed (with the build I use, at least), that's absolutely insane. With Cho, you need to rely on your team. You cannot 1v1 a Kog'Maw - he'll kite you all day long (unless you're really fed). Your team needs to CC and then focus him, as Kog is extremely squishy.
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 9:15pm | Report
Yeah exactly jebus, kog'maw is a damn dps beast... however I don't really think he can kite cho'gath as effectively, considering that cho got some nice CC skills with decent range. Placing will be a problem, but meh it's possible
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2011 2:09am | Report
Cho'gath vs kog maw battle:

Cho'gath uses rapture (if i play him atleast it will hit!)

Cho'gath uses roar

Cho'gath uses Feast

Battle over.

Dunno what any ranged squishy can do about cho'gath...
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide