Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Countering AP Yi

Creator: desertdweller31 September 22, 2012 10:36am
1 2 3 4 5
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2012 4:36pm | Report

Yeah, except that Malzahar will do the damage from his combo all at the same time, not over a minute.

Not if he can't reach Yi. That's what I've been explaining, that Yi can just harass you from miles away with no chance of you returning the harass if he doesn't want you to.
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2012 4:50pm | Report
Talon, Alitar (yes in jungle he works vs an AP yi), Draven, Vayne, Trist (AD or AP),

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2012 5:02pm | Report

Talon, Alitar (yes in jungle he works vs an AP yi), Draven, Vayne, Trist (AD or AP),

I main Talon and AD Tristana, and used to play her AP mid quite a lot too. I don't really think I could win a lane vs AP Yi as any of those, ESPECIALLY not Talon. I'm meant to use my gap-closer to cancel his healing once he's lost all his HP? How have I dropped his HP so low as a meelee with no gap-closer?

AP Tristana suffers from not being able to do anything to stop him from healing at his tower, and not QUITE being able to 100-0 him so early into the game. AD Tristana basically can't do anything to him because she doesn't have enough burst damage to drop him to 0 HP before he has a chance to heal.

Draven can't do enough burst damage to kill him either.

Vayne can't do enough burst damage either.

Jungle Alistar counters Yi. So he's countered by 1v2. Right.

Alistar would work, but so would any other jungler that has hard CC and a red-buff. All they need to do is damage him along with their AP carry and he won't dare Meditate because he knows it will be interrupted straight away. Either way, this discussion is about who would counter AP Yi in a 1v1. Otherwise I can say a combined gank from bot, top and jungle counters him too.

I just realized that LeBlanc might counter him.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2012 6:01pm | Report
But, but, but, LeBlanc counters all mages early game D:

not really, but almost

If I helped you, click that +rep!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2012 7:11am | Report
Actually, I think Master Yi is one those which have the easiest time to win against a LeBlanc. Of course, her silence can hurt, but most of the time she needs more than just that to burst you down 100-0. And, if somebody can't burst you, you will just heal everything back.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2012 7:18am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Actually, I think Master Yi is one those which have the easiest time to win against a LeBlanc. Of course, her silence can hurt, but most of the time she needs more than just that to burst you down 100-0. And, if somebody can't burst you, you will just heal everything back.

Her potential for 100-0 is actually pretty strong. Also she can keep him silenced for 6 seconds with a smart rotation of her spells, so he wouldn't be able to heal it back up while she's bursting.

I might be wrong, but I do think LeBlanc stands a chance against him.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2012 5:25am | Report
The thing is, while Yi has a very strong earlygame, compared to Malzahar and LeBlanc he also scales really well into lategame. If he gets the right moment to go in and kills somebody, be ready for a won teamfight with multiple Alpha Strikes. And after a won teamfight, even as AP, he just clears up all your towers.
MysticalZelda
<Member>
MysticalZelda's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 10:39am | Report
I think Janna in mid would counter Yi pretty good. First of all, her movementspeed passivly is already high. Her Q is pretty quickly up to counter Yi his Meditate, she has a shield against his Q and can farm pretty passively from a distance.

Orianna The Full Metal Lady - Teemo - Super Teemo - Akali - The Balance of Full AP

Thanks to Arcana3 for the sig :D!

If I helped you in any way, please don't forget to +rep :)
SkiD
<Member>
SkiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 9:43pm | Report
The thing with ap Yi is he drops so much in damage as the game progresses, you should just focus on not getting killed and getting as many cs as you can. Also, warn your team mates when he is not in lane, because he will probably be ganking if he can't kill you.

As other have mentionned, CC works great on him. Also, running ignite and using it when he meditates will make him regen alot less hp.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide