Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Crazy Idea? Assassin jungle anyone?

Creator: Arcana3 March 5, 2012 2:26pm
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 5:02am | Report
Eve is a jungler, which has a hard early phase.
Her squishiness, and the nerfed passive just keep her away from actual jungling (she's still my main anyway, and I still wait for a remake ~_~).

But she can snowball, really, she can. Midgame she just rapes, and endgame it's all bout assasinating.
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 3:38am | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

stuff

The thing though is, one invis ward = lolnogankshere. I'll tell you two stories:
* Was playing morgana mid, doing my usual morgana thing (dump tormented soil, miss lots of dark bindings, still roflstomp), kinda low on mana when their mid went super aggressive mode. Since I saw eve on the loading screen, ofcourse i was pink warding, so I saw Eve coming in stealthed. In a panic, I threw out a dark binding, and shut the gank down in it's tracks. THat's all it took really.
* Was playing Xerath, got low (~25%?) after a fight and decided to B. Started scrolling elsewhere on the map (or tabbing out, not sure), when I heard myself start taking damage. Quickly got back to my char, unloaded a combo on Eve, she went down before killing me (and this was AFTER having ~2 seconds of free time to wail on me)

Eve simply cannot gank lanes that are pink-warded, unless the people in the lane are too stupid to use that intel (not impossible, but i doubt it would happen). On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one I've ever seen who bothers to start with a pink ward versus eve or twitch, soooo.....
My guides:
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 11:39am | Report
RCIX wrote:

The thing though is, one invis ward = lolnogankshere. I'll tell you two stories:
* Was playing morgana mid, doing my usual morgana thing (dump tormented soil, miss lots of dark bindings, still roflstomp), kinda low on mana when their mid went super aggressive mode. Since I saw eve on the loading screen, ofcourse i was pink warding, so I saw Eve coming in stealthed. In a panic, I threw out a dark binding, and shut the gank down in it's tracks. THat's all it took really.
* Was playing Xerath, got low (~25%?) after a fight and decided to B. Started scrolling elsewhere on the map (or tabbing out, not sure), when I heard myself start taking damage. Quickly got back to my char, unloaded a combo on Eve, she went down before killing me (and this was AFTER having ~2 seconds of free time to wail on me)

Eve simply cannot gank lanes that are pink-warded, unless the people in the lane are too stupid to use that intel (not impossible, but i doubt it would happen). On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one I've ever seen who bothers to start with a pink ward versus eve or twitch, soooo.....

That is why you buy an oracle's on her. Her build is not that expensive and she shouldn't be dying so there is no reason not to. You can waste your money on pink wards if you want. They'll just be destroyed as soon as you put them down.

And if the Eve couldn't one shot you with her E when you were at 25% health then I have to facepalm. What were they building? Tiamats?

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 1:27pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

That is why you buy an oracle's on her. Her build is not that expensive and she shouldn't be dying so there is no reason not to. You can waste your money on pink wards if you want. They'll just be destroyed as soon as you put them down.

And if the Eve couldn't one shot you with her E when you were at 25% health then I have to facepalm. What were they building? Tiamats?

Then I buy oracles instead too :3 In any case, you'd still have to fight me to kill the ward, which isn't exactly easy...
Nasus says hi
MyRepublic
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 8:12am | Report
RCIX wrote:

Then I buy oracles instead too :3 In any case, you'd still have to fight me to kill the ward, which isn't exactly easy...

Then I wait for you to overextend (everyone does at least once a game and I'll always be there when you do) flash behind you and you die. I'll usually be able to nuke you with just my e down to half health then with my AA and my Q the rest will be gone in less than a second. Add in my ignite and you're a dead ninja. Eve Can gank even without her W on.

The mark of a good Eve is that she can adjust to any situation, including the one you described. And if you're really being a bother I just go to a different lane. I'm roaming. I won't be at your lane unless you're doing something stupid. But then if you are I will be there. Immediately.

If you're playing smart then I go kill someone who isn't or your jungler. There is always at least one person making a mistake at all times. And Junglers are just so easy to kill early game. They're usually my first kill at around 2:00.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 9:16am | Report
DPS-based Nocturne anyone? Fairly easy to accomplish - he does work better with some survivability in most cases though - of course unless you get unreasonably fed. You'll always want some defenses and health.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
MyRepublic
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 9:50am | Report
Kirluu wrote:

DPS-based Nocturne anyone? Fairly easy to accomplish - he does work better with some survivability in most cases though - of course unless you get unreasonably fed. You'll always want some defenses and health.

I have to facepalm for myself here. How did I not mention this? It is so obvious. I used to play Nocturne in the jungle and I can say yes. He rapes hard.

Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 9:55am | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

I have to facepalm for myself here.

You're welcome.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 10:25am | Report
I heard triforce Nocturne has pretty gold burst.

@MyRepublic
No. Eve is bad in general. You say E can take out half of someone's health? That's if you're REALLY fed and AP. AP builds are expensive, meaning you won't have the money for oracles.

Also, eve does NOT take skill to play. Zero. Everything you mention is common gameplay. Anyone can Flash into range and pull off a nuke. Anyone can buy an oracles and destroy wards.

Roaming? If you don't keep up the constant kills to snowball, you will be severely under leveled. That means no farm, and reliance on your teammates to do all the damage in a gank, where all you have is a slow. Also, since when did kills suddenly become the most important things in a game?

Kill someone who isn't playing smart? Early game your damage is so low you aren't going to get any kills unless you blow Exhaust and Ignite. And when you do they can Flash away, go b, and permaward the river. Mid game where Eve shines? All the key locations are warded. You might break all of it, but the support will just put them back up, catch you, and kill you for it. End game there is no chance for assassinations. See Shaco. He kills maybe one person, then gets back out and it's a 4v4. If your team can't handle it, you lose. No exceptions.

Kill their jungler? High sustain duelists would like to have a word with you. Champions like Skarner, Lee Sin, Udyr, etc. are almost NEVER below half Health in the jungle. Going in there is a flat out mistake. Maybe you can use both Exhaust and Ignite to kill them. But if they're as good as you say a good Eve is, theyll come back up.

Don't misunderstand me, I play Eve sometimes too. Sometimes I get ridiculously fed, but it's difficult to be there because Eve is bad in general.

But I hear she's better in Dominion and I constantly rape faces in 3s :p
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
MyRepublic
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 11:25am | Report
You're simply flat out wrong on most of what you say, but if that is what you choose to believe then go ahead. (the parts about no skill, the E needing you to be fed and AP to bring someone to half health, low damage early, and when you say "blow exhaust and ignite" it just seems silly since if you aren't going to use them then why are they there?)

If you had read my links you would understand that no where did I ever say that it was about kills. In fact I said that you shouldn't even be getting the kills from your ganks since the person that needs them is your laner. I love how you try to bash everything I say when you clearly did not read the links I posted. And if you did you did not understand them.

Also they can "permaward" the river as much as they want. I don't even need to walk through the river for my ganks. I can get behind you unless you have an oracle's without you knowing, and if you do have an oracle's then I simply leave, or kill you anyway. And if they use their flash to get away then the gank was successful so why would you list that as a negative?

Late game you don't need to assassinate. You can stand in there and team fight easily. Eve tears it up late game. Her AA plus Q destroys everyone in a matter of seconds in conjunction with her ult and it sustains you. Late game Eve can 2v1 no problem. Fed or not. Early game I can usually shred people 3 levels higher than me if I pull it off right. It is called playing smart. If you know how to play then Eve is viable, and people who say otherwise just haven't played with a good one. I used to main her and won nearly every game. Call her unviable all you want. It just makes killing you with her that much easier.

Anyway I'm done arguing about Eve. If people don't like her then nothing but a good *** kicking with her will change their minds. I had to carry my friends a good 5 games in a row before they started to see the light. I'm sick of it. It's getting no where. I don't even play her anymore. So I'm not going to say anything about Eve on this post anymore. I've said all I can about her and if you don't change your mind then you aren't going to.

Edit: I can be very abrasive, straight forward, and when I express what I think I tend to do it in the most forceful way possible. I apologize if I offend you with what I say. That is not my intention. All I intend is to say what I need to say. If you disagree with what I say I don't really take offense to that. I simply argue to try to help you see my point and if I see that isn't happening I move on to something more worth my time.

I do not hold the argument against you, and in fact usually take more interest in you if you disagree with me politely and smartly than if you agree. For instance after arguing with RCIX I determined that he seemed smart and so I checked his guide and honestly it's one of the most well made guides out there (even if I do disagree with the item choices).

Anyway that is all I came here to say. P.S. I liked your blog TehAsian. Especially the memory lane post.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide