Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Deathcap as first item is better.

Creator: Vaellen January 22, 2012 4:40am
1 2
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 5:37pm | Report
2dorans>sorc>rabadon on my Gragas ratios does the trick. Mind he has an escape ability and cool passive/w sustain combo so I kinda care less for hp at earlier stages of the game.

Depends on champ if you ask me.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 5:54pm | Report

Only if you already have a few Doran's Rings (regen, durability) and flat AP runes or some item like RoA; otherwise, straight-up AP isn't going to win your lane/fight.

My Mordekaiser page/book gives me 4+24 ap, and 1 per level.

I get a WotA before my Death cap, so immediately after the deathcap, i have 350 ap @ level 18.

That's pretty effective in my book, because of Mordekaiser's high sustain, no mana, and high durability because of passive.
Tri lane for life.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 11:06pm | Report
JMastiff wrote:

Depends on champ if you ask me.

Spot on, sir. Rushing that Deathcap on Zilean is extremely fun, rewarding, and rage enticing!

Definitely depends on the champ. Also, I was more than happy to give you your first +Rep

LordAerthos
<Member>
LordAerthos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2012 12:22am | Report
As most have said, I think it's very dependent. Some champs can manage rushing Deathcap right away, others feel very awkward due to OOM or health. Obviously how you are doing in lane is a huge factor, and enemy team comp too.
"To warmth, whiskey, and women 'ere break of day!"

Guides You Should Check Out!
The Void Never Felt So Good
A Comprehensive Guide to Twisted Fate -- Still in progress! PM with things you want to see included!
Maserato
<Member>
Maserato's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 6:48pm | Report
I believe that if you start boots and 3 pots you need some durability , at least 2 dorans before rushing the deathcap. I see people rush deathcap as their first item besides boots and I laugh as they die in every tank situTion. If there was a tank in front of you all early game fine but realistically 2 dorans or a catalyst minimum.
M5 too strong? better nerf irelia
MiamiHurricane
<Member>
MiamiHurricane's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 10:38am | Report
I'd say sustain > damage in the early game, so a super fast deathcap isn't ideal. As Ahri I generally get my deathcap fairly late. I go dorans -> hextech revolver -> boots -> tear of the goddess (or other mana regen item) -> Rylai's scepter -> Deathcap (or finish off WoTA first).

I need health regen to stay in lane for as long as possible, mana regen so I don't run OOM too often (only a real problem early game), health so I don't just die, and some utility before I can focus on damage items.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide