Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Defensive mark/glyph runes for Zilean.

Creator: Veritas January 8, 2011 1:57pm
Veritas
<Member>
Veritas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2011 1:57pm | Report
So I want to make Zilean a lil bit harder to kill.So sine I use HP quints ofc and mana seals.Tell me your opinion on defensive glyphs/marks
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2011 2:01pm | Report
They're great on tanks, but I don't think they're that useful on Zilean. I think you'll be better off with 21def if you really want more durability and Strength of Spirit is awesome on any mana caster.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 8:42pm | Report
I think hp quints are worth it but otherwise, I wouldn't use defensive marks/glyphs/seals. It's nice to have that extra health early game though, and to help you survive burst that you will definitely get while they stun you and try to kill you.

I just get items with health / mr and mana in my build and am pretty survivable. Items like soul shroud, banshees veil, etc.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 3:28am | Report
eee.... what for....
I always would go for AP/lvl on yellow and blue and Mpen on reds.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 4:24am | Report
AP/lvl seals are very, very bad.. (no offense DEWO)
Try to stay away from secondary runes.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 6:40am | Report
Yeah, I get mp5 / level for the yellows, works out pretty well. For reds yes magic pen. For blues right now I have ap/lvl though I would like to get cooldown reduction.

AP is not actually that worthwhile for Zilean since only 2 of his abilities scale off it.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 10:02am | Report
It is worthwile to use AP runes on Zil because of his good AP ratios, but CDR is just as good. I have both runesets and I usually go with CDR on casters.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 12:06pm | Report
CDR is essential for zilean. Just use MPen marks, MP5 seals, and CDR glyphs, with flat health quints. That's a pretty standard rune set. Then, buy items like Rod of Ages Rylai's Crystal Scepter Soul Shroud, and if your tank doesn't have one (since you're a support) Aegis of the Legion.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 10:31pm | Report
I found this Rune tier list by Roku that might help you. I think it's a pretty accurate model to work off of and a lot of it seems to be basic knowledge, though there are some interesting things I didn't know on it. It's not totally complete as the Quints section doesn't have an explanation yet, but the rest of it is quite good.
http://runeterra.com/forums/index.php?topic=1137.0

On the subject of a harder to kill Zilean: Armor marks and MR glyphs might be helpful, but I'm thinking you would be better off just going for increased ability power for damage or CDR to spam skills. Mpen or AP/level marks and AP/level or straight CDR glyphs.
Flipping tables is fun!
(╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2011 3:42am | Report
Don't recommend AP marks >.>
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide