Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Double ADC?

Creator: Kirluu September 8, 2012 1:59pm
1 2
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2012 1:59pm | Report
Hi peeps.

Yesterday or the day before that, I, along with 3 of my friends, faced an enemy side with basically 3 support-ish characters, and 2 ADC lanes. I was playing as jungler for our team, but due to inexperience, I wasn't very potent in terms of ganking (I was semi-low all the time, and didn't feel I'd survive a gank)

The enemy obviously didn't have a jungler, but at the same time it was very difficult for me to do anything, since both top and bot lanes were warded all the time, and the mid character was a Lulu, with her shields and speed-buff, etc. (And generally it being a hard task to gank mid + my inexperience with Lee)

Basically, how it went, was that the top lane went complete push mode, and got the tower early against our top, who didn't stand much of a chance against an ADC and support. Once they had taken that tower, they went to mid, and made short work of that tower as well (Our top was forced back when they took the top turret or was killed - can't remember) - I couldn't do anything sicne I was half HP, and the ADC, support and Lulu were all full HP.
It didn't help that our bot was semi-losing, but yeah. Stuff happened in bot, resulting in us losing that turret as well.
After that, the two top laners on their team pushed down our second top turret, then again the mid turret, and before long they got to our inhibitor turret, going 5 mid.

I can't really remember our team setup, nor what ADCs and supports they had, but that's semi-irellevant for this thread, or so I hope.

Anyways: It reminds one a lot of the Korean playstyle, revolving a lot around pushing down turrets, and also relies on an early finish, rendering the enemy fairly incapable of creating a strong reaction. The top side doesn't need ganks, because they are 2v1, the mid can stay defensive until the top are done with their turret, and ultimately they just gather more and more to take the objectives. Seems very strong.

What do you guys think of this little tale? We were a bit baffled, and didn't have the means to create a proper counter-measure - nobody was doing particularly well in the laning phase, which of course didn't exactly help, but yeah.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2012 3:02pm | Report
Sry to say, but the current favored meta exists for a reason.

It's not like that their meta was better, you guys got simply overrun by better players and/or were too inflexible to counter sth you were not accustomed to.

You are also EUW, so maybe you encountered this before:
(I call it the "French Quantity over Quality" - surprise attack. I only saw it two times, both perfomed by a 4 resp. 5 men french premade team.)

Your case is the same with those guys who go ALL bot at the beginning to get FB and second.
Funny and good to overrun clueless victims but against careful players you're going to put yourself on a great disadvantage.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2012 4:14pm | Report
Agreed. a good jungler/top would have been able to tell them no, then they would have fallen way short late game and become severely underpowered.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2012 4:59pm | Report
Well. To be fair, it was Blind Pick, so we didn't really have the option to counter it. I can't remember who our top was, but it certainly wasn't someone fit to fight two ranged champions. And then, as I said, I was low all the time, because I apparantly suck at Lee, and didn't see any kills resulting in a gank from me, except for them killing us both. Besides, they had wards. So yeah.

Not being able to counter it, and me being an inexperienced Lee were probably pretty strong factors.
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2012 6:42pm | Report
Probably. Get better with lee (it happens naturally with experience, dont worry) and start playing draft, and you should be good to go. for this very reason i despise blind. Draft is SOOOOOOOO much better.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2012 1:09am | Report
We normally go for Blind Pick, because we don't really feel like going tryhard in particular. However from getting our arses well and soundly kicked, we wanted to win (We always do, but not in a tryhard-ish way), but yeah. There seemed nothing to be done - we just got stomped :3

I despise Draft Mode, because it generates rage. Blind mode is more relaxed, and generally makes for more fun games, imo ^^ But yeah, I should probably practice Lee - I just need to find a route/build that will keep me sustained throughout the entire route, so that I can gank without deliberately fear for my life.
-
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2012 1:51am | Report
maybe if some awesome ADC is at top, like cait :D.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2012 1:52am | Report
I'm pretty sure it was Corki top. So there was both the warding as well as the Valk. Can't remember the support, but it was someone with CC (Maybe Janna, dunno).
-
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2012 2:47pm | Report
Draft is not "try hard" lawl. THATS ranked. And losing because of ******ed teamcomps that should NEVER work is never fun. Draft can generate rage yes, but i rage WAY harder if I am forced to do blind, and someone claims "I'll be the tank" and grab Malphite after a Jax top and Lee Sin jungle and Soraka support have already been selected and locked in (or some other reason on a mile long list of reasons, this was just one particular case i remember). Im sticking with my advice: If you want to avoid getting steamrolled by stupid team comps that take you by surprise, or having pretty much 50-50% chance of winning any game no matter how hard you try simply because Teemo top you couldn't react to crushes the **** out of your Udyr top, play draft. There isnt much more rage generated there as blind, and if you are actually skilled, you have a much higher chance of winning than in blind.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2012 11:39pm | Report
This works just as well with a jungler by switching lanes and picking a 2v1'er. Gangplank, Yorick n Shen are really good at it.

If you do pick thoose, consider starting top lane with the bottomlaner waiting in the bush just waiting to get an easy firstblood and going bot afterwards. He was gonna be zoned regardless so it doesn't really matter he "wasted" a minute top acquiring first blood for his ad-carry.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide