Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

DPS/offtank Jarvan vs. tank Jarvan

Creator: Dotter May 4, 2011 1:29am
1 2
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 1:29am | Report
As the title suggest this is going to be a discussion on whether Jarvan is most viable as a tanky DPS or as a pure tank.
Personally I can't really figure it out - I have played some ranked games, where my results were by far best when going pure tank, with items as Randuin's, Banshee's, Sunfire Cape, Force of nature etc.
However, in normal games I do better as a tanky DPS, and not that well as pure tank..
In normal games I've mostly used Hugen's build for Jarvan, which is a nice build.

What do you guys prefer?
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 2:06am | Report
I feel like Jarvan should be played as a Tanky DPS. He's kinda like a slightly tankier version of Xin, with a passive that doesn't support constant auto attacks.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 2:31am | Report
Tank, but I don't play him much.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 4:16am | Report
Tank.

AoE slow
Knock up
Team buff
Enemy isolator

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 4:28am | Report
Jungle with him, buy a wriggle's lantern (or maybe a MBR), that's enough DPS. build the rest tanky because you're a tank.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 5:44am | Report
Out of these two, I'd say DPS Tank, however, the tanking part should come into the build later, rather than early game. IMO his burst early game with some AD Runes and Attack Speed, is just insane. My frined uses it, and we almost always get FB if the enemy enters our brush.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 5:57am | Report
Trojan:
I think he is funnier in lanes, and he isn't a bad laner, not at all :)

I prefer solo laning, that's just plain hilarious :p
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 6:05am | Report
I don't play Jarvan, but I feel like he is going down fast if he is focused in a teamfight, especially lategame, so I would build him Tanky Dps for Early/Midgame and switch over to Tank in Lategame.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 6:18am | Report
Kirluu wrote:

Out of these two, I'd say DPS Tank, however, the tanking part should come into the build later, rather than early game. IMO his burst early game with some AD Runes and Attack Speed, is just insane. My frined uses it, and we almost always get FB if the enemy enters our brush.

Aaaand that's why you're inexperienced..
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 6:21am | Report
True, I have not played him myself. But what else can I say when I haven't yet seen a successfull Jarvan tank, and seen DPS Jarvan successfull up to winning something like 7-9 games in a row? :P Obviously I can't compare, not having actually seen tank Jarvan work. Generally haven't seen that many Jarvans around, aside from when my friend plays him, so yeah. Just stating that it works.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide