Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Elixir of Fortitude nerf now on PBE

Creator: Satella April 4, 2013 5:37am
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 12:50pm | Report
When I have almost 100 AD at level one because of one 250 gold item and an extra hundred or so hp, how do you propose you counter something so powerful? I mean if anyone who isn't a "******" or if they "know how to play" won't lose to such a thing, then tell me. How do you counter it? Stay under your tower and let your opponent just straight up own the lane, and then continue zoning you afterwards because he has such a huge lead?

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
MyRepublic
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 12:52pm | Report
I mean if losing your lane is your best idea for a counter, I must say it's not the most mind blowingly brilliant answer. Although on the other hand, it does blow my mind.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 1:14pm | Report
Aye, if the enemy has an elixer, it is either trying to destroy him and let him waste his money which will probably get you killed, or do nothing for 3 minutes and get outfarmed really really hard.

Though I can think of 3 ways of countering an elixer:
1. Supergank; Let your jungler kill the enemy elixer carries, making him waste his money!
2. Champion pick; Pick something that can kite easily or something with ranged attacks!
3. Buy an elixer yourself :D

1. Denied by wards
2. Denied by gapclosers
3. Yeah... this is the most effective way :P

This nerf really needs to happen :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 2:08pm | Report
I actually prefer a Crystalline Flask start. It is very effective at champs with little mana issues like an aggressive Singed or Udyr.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 2:36pm | Report
Meiyjhe if i remember correctly when you die with the elixir the buff you get from it doesnt go away, but trying to have ganks to kill him if im wrong still wouldnt work because they can still afford a ward and then 4 more pots so this nerf to it will at least give some counterplay
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
MyRepublic
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 2:46pm | Report
Was about to say that dill. So even a gank would only serve to put him behind. When he got back he'd still have a large advantage. And that's assuming that he doesn't turn the gank around, which I've done with the help of a red elixer before. It isn't actually that hard.

Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 4:15pm | Report

First of all you dont need 6 pots, its much better to get 4 pots and 1 ward instead unless the enemy jungler is braindead.
Elixirs DO NOT secure early advantage if your enemy knows how to play! Its just that simple. The Elixir is more like a promise, an option for agressive play early game. But if things go bad you've just wasted gold and time. And 9 pots cetrainly make for a much much more stupid laning...

So the first part, I was exaggerating but a lot of koreans go fort pot 6pot cause why not. You can drop a few pots for a ward but really, fort pot start has always been the best at the start of s3 and it will always be on top laners that can all-in. tbh, you discredited yourself by saying they don't secure an early advantage. How do you beat 120 instant hp and 10ad? You just don't for 3minutes. 3minutes of lane control, free farm and consistent kicking out of lane is pretty advantageous early game if you ask me.

-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2013 12:17am | Report
I would've increased it's cost by 40 or 60.
Or reduced it's stats early game.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2013 7:20am | Report
Wow, I actually predicted Health Potion change. confirmed on lcs stream
As some guys in reddit thread mention, yorick will be nightmare if that change comes up next patch.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2013 7:58am | Report
gank yorick early. why do people never learn?

Sig made by Hogopogo

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide