Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fizz patch orianna

Creator: Remacus November 20, 2011 1:21am
1 2
Remacus
<Member>
Remacus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 1:21am | Report
I was just wondering how viable mid orianna is after her newest buffs. I've looked at all the top builds for her but they're very outdated. As if the writers dropped Orianna like she was the plague. I've been saving up my ip and I've always known that I wanted a smooth, flowing caster like orianna. I was just curious as to how she could be built now, items, masteries, runes and how she would be played now against popular ap mids. Lastly, any speculation on what riot will do with her in the next patch or two? More buffs? To what?
Give the big metal man some love!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 1:33am | Report
Well seeing as she was viable post nerfs, she could be quite strong now.. ^_^
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 1:57am | Report
There's no doubt that she will be more than just viable in this next upcoming patch. Command is gonna rock.
(Discontinued)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 3:05am | Report
She needed these buffs. I've been saying they nerfed her too hard for a while.
She might be balanced right now, definitely not too strong, but I'll have to play her to make sure.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 9:45am | Report
If you are good at orianna, she's absolutely fine now.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Remacus
<Member>
Remacus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 12:55pm | Report
So what I'm hearing so far is that Orianna is either balanced or much closer to it, and the balancing will be finalized in a patch or two... Sweet, I can't wait untill I get that extra 1300 ip. Thank you everyone.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 1:10pm | Report
orianna is balanced atm, not OP or UP, just ok.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Remacus
<Member>
Remacus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 9:03pm | Report
Anyone know what kind of masteries she should be running? 21/0/9 for the increased damage or 9/0/21 for the increased level gain, mp5, mana and CDR?

Edit: extra mana and mp5 is feasible with 21/0/9 but such masteries like goodhands and movement speed would hit the back burner.

I would think that the extra ms would not be as crucial since she has her own ms booster, but is it worth more than the mana and mp5? All guesswork and whatnot, but I would think having the mp5 would be preferable, even with the mp5 and mp5/lv buffs. Could having such nice mana regen give her some nice early game harass again?
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2011 10:48am | Report
21/0/9 vs. 9/0/21 is debatable on a lot of casters but my personal mastery build on casters is 21/9/0.

I always get blue buff so I don't really worry about the mana. 20% buff duration is definitely something to consider but Veteran Scars offers great value for a single point so I really like going 9 in the defense tree. I'm a fan of all my casters being tanky early game.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Remacus
<Member>
Remacus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2011 2:04pm | Report
Seems like the defense tree is too good to pass up for some characters. Having that extra hp with resisits is really annoying on ad carries mid game. I'm not so sure about casters... I like building my casters not entirely like glass cannons, but damaging enough. Orianna has decent sustained damage, but the masteries lower in the offense tree just don't shine as much as cdr does as sustained damage on Orianna... If I'm wrong about orianna being a sustained damager, please tell me. Just seems like she throws out her qw combo quite a few times in a teamfight, and cdr would help immensely.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide