Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fizz Theorycraftin

Creator: Atarios November 15, 2011 2:52am
1 2 3 4
KyleeRayne
<Member>
KyleeRayne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 3:27pm | Report
that works too.
I made the Leona Sig all by myself :D

Thanks to Alexanpt for the Dr. Horrible Sig, to TheNamelessBard for the Ori and Kayle ones, to jhoijhoi for the Irelia one, and to JEFFY40HANDS for the Shen one!!!!!!
Drink cactus juice. It'll quench ya! Nothing's quenchier. It's the quenchiest!!!!!!!!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 3:50pm | Report

Woah woah woah slow down there Nelly

Why do you start off with a Lich Bane? Get a Sheen and transition it into a Lich Bane after your Deathcap, like Twisted Fate does. It's wasted gold until you get some serious AP!

Also, Doran's Rings should never be staple to a build. Ever.

Potatis' way of playing him seems considerably smarter, just comparing Playful/Trickster to Urchin Strike -
P/T -
Magic Damage: 70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 (+0.75 per ability power)
For BOTH of them, you times this damage by TWO
Urchin Strike -
Magic Damage: 10 / 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 (+0.7 per ability power)
(Plus physical attack, which won't really be too high)

It would make sense to use the second one for movement and the first for the damage, considering it's way higher, even if you factor in physical attacks.

Just build him like any old tanky caster, something along the lines of -
Sorc Shoes
RoA
Deathcap
Rylai's
Banshee's/Zhonya's/Void Staff/QSS/something else
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 4:09pm | Report
Even going the caster way you wont get around AA targets, in order to push your Trident some AS seems necessary.
Getting Nashor's to do that + all CDR you need (YOU NEED) sounds pretty nuff to me.
Only prob: Youll miss some serious resistance there until late game (pretty every build mentiond here does ?) so youll have to do one hell of a trickster to avoid some serious dmg.
Against mages who rely heavily on one spell its pretty easy, but against AAs youll have to do a lot of good old kiting/juking.

Since I'm not a fan of "Deathcaps on anyone" I tend to skip it for major utilisation:

RoA
Sorc's
*Sheen
Nashor
*Revolver
Lichbane
Gunblade

+1 defense item (Abyssal/Zhonya e.g.)
-Gunblade stats are fine, but its somehow contra to Lich Bane + huge sum spended on a offense-only item. Lifesteal/vamp are great/needed and the slow allows me not to mourn about Rylai's at all.
-Rylai's: Mep, 2 chase abilities one with a great slow and the same on 42sec ulti with a delayed knock up/after slow + Gunblade if you're willing to.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 4:24pm | Report
You don't necessarily need to auto attack. It's a good skill, needless to say, though take Talon's Q, or whatever that DoT is. He doesn't auto attack much, until he gets a big chance to, like good Fizz players will do, but it's there, and you WILL auto attack once or twice for it.

Nashor's sounds ridiculously bad. Nashor's is a bad item to begin with, especially on a mage, where there the utility tree, runes, BLUE BUFF (take particular note of that) and the 4% from offenc with CDR wise. Sure he gets something from auto attacks and he should do it, though it's FAR from his primary source of damage.
See also - Orianna. She doesn't build Nashor's. That would just be plain silly, and Fizz is a MELEE!

Gunblade seems stupid when the AD is wasted. It's good on Akali because of her AD ratio and passives, can't be said for Fizz though. He only benefits from the spell vamp and AP, so you might as well just get the Revolver.

Deathcap should be built on any ranged AP carry, no questions asked, and on champions like Fizz or Rumble, it's not as required - yet if you have some bulk to back it up you'll be fine. You also don't need to build a quick Gunblade or Revolver on Fizz like you do on Akali or Rumble, respectively, so I feel it's a much better choice, especially with the range of CC and immunity he has.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 4:36pm | Report
His Q applies on hit effects...therefore he can get lifesteal when he uses it.

Either way the gunblade is not a requirement...

ALSO: What part of "TENTATIVE" meant "This is what I plan to use in EVERY GAME"? xD
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 5:35pm | Report
Within your post lies the answer, why everything you said is right/wrong at the same time o0

Everything you mentioned is right, if you plan to play him like you'd with every ranged AP caster.
I guess you'd dive in, autoattack 1-2 times(procc Lich Bane) and dive out?
Way to go, but if I observe your build in the prior post, you dont have the CDR to do so. (Blue buff mentioned below)
And the moment you decide to finish a champ off my build gets superior to yours.

Regarding everything you criticized:
Its not wrong judging it with the attitude of a MELEE:
-Youre no real mage: hands off blue buff if brand/lb/malz/etc is going to take it. (Ofc not counting jungle)
-Deathcap is for the ranged AP casters who normally stay out of the danger zone. Even if you only dive in for 1-2 AAs you put yourself in danger, even with P/T youre bound to become fried squid sometimes.
Nevertheless: I didnt exlcude Deathcap like I didnt include Gunblade completely. But cap would be somewhere dead last and on Gunblade I'd have to do some maths first.

Also regarding his "CC and immunity"
He can actively dodge a sole spell or continous one for half a sec, everthing coming in between P/T faces no immunity at all (passives good to brush off some creep dmg).
Without counting ulti, the only cc he has is the stomp you must land NEAR your enemy, while wasting your escape ability to do so.

IMO if I go toe-to-toe with someone I can beat, I'll stick close to him and use P/T to avoid anything thats possible.
Normally you'd start bashing him with the main course of your abilities to utilize your Trident DoT (even thought about getting DFG for high HP targets, but actaully dunno about it).
You should dance around him while hitting him from every angle making it impossible to land skillshots.
In teamfights you should prey on the weak caster, seperating him from the rest using ulti and P/T to avoid the guys going after you.
Judging by what you told me, you'd actually waste P/T intentionally just to get out after a dive in + Lich Bane combo?
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 5:40pm | Report
My build right now:

RoA
Shoes
Deathcap
Guardian

Guardian is so good on him, kinda like shaco, revive then just jump away ;).

About AS.

Not really needed for assassin route. Just attack one time then move with them, keep attacking, not that hard. And in teamfights you will not be able to stay around to auto attack any way.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide