Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Helena - Master of the Arena

Creator: Arenor June 27, 2013 6:31am
1 2
Would you like Helena in the league?
Arenor
<Member>
Arenor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 6:31am | Report
Hi everyone, my name is Arenor and I main supports. A while back I noticed there aren't any Noxian supports, so I created Helena. This is my second post about her because I changed so much I had to start a new thread.

Helena is a Ranged poke support, that can stack cc, and provide a little bit of healing. Helena's stats are similar to Lulu and Janna, she is Ap based and quite squishy, however she has good mobility. Helena is adept at engaging, disengaging, and teamfighting

Helena is a tall white woman, with long straight dark hair, and a white stripe running through it. She has a light blue glass eye, and many scars. In one hand Helena holds a whip, it is made up of many metal links similar to Aatrox's blade, the whip has two prongs at the end, like a snake tongue. In her other hand Helena hold a blue flame, when moving Helena holds the flame in front of her, and drags the whip behind her like Tryndamere holds his sword. When attacking Helena shoots bolts of blue flame. Helena wears a red and black robe, that flows to the ground, over her robe she has pieces of blackened plate mail, like a gauntlet, breastplate and greaves.

Helena was born in the cruel city state of noxus. As the daughter to a gladiator in the arena, Helena watched as her father was slain by 200 demacian prisoners, he said he could do it. After his death her mother started drinking, completely neglecting Helena. So she taught herself, learned by bits and pieces from cruel strangers who decided to reward her with yet more scars. At the age of 12 Helena was cornered in a side alley by three boys, seeing no other way out Helena grabbed at a loose rope hanging down from the roof, but the rope was not attached to anything and slipped down to her feet. Not despairing Helena used the rope to whip the boys untill two were dead and the third run away limping. From then on, everything was better in her life, she quickly advanced in the military ranks, standing back to back with commanders like Darius and Riven. After the incident when Urgot was slain, the Noxian high command offered Helena the job, she refused, stating that her whip was no executioners weapon. Instead, Helena moved to manage the noxian arena, where prisoners were brought forth to fight each other to the death. There she instilled terror in everyone and made massive gladiator events, in honor of her father.

Helena - Master of the Arena

Passive: Death toll
When a unit dies within a 600 range of Helena, she cracks her whip and strikes the corpse. If she hits the corpse, she regenerate 5 Mana (+2 per level). This works like a skillshot, if an enemy (including minions) is between Helena and her target, they get hit by the whip and receive 10 (+10 per level)(+30% Ap) magic damage. This effect cannot proc more than once every 2 seconds, and can hit only 2 targets simoltaneously.

Explanation-
This passive provides Helena with poking, zoning, and sustain. If enemies come between Helena and their own minions, they risk being hit by her passive, thus zoning them out. The sustain will keep her mana high since she is a caster type and subject to mana starvation. If an enemy receives the blow from "death toll" Helena won't regenerate mana. If the passive is proced from the bushes, Helena will remain hidden and the whip won't show her position, unless she hits a unit and not a corpse.

Utility Q: Terrorize
Helena lets out a shout in a 600 radius around her. All enemy champions within range have their movement and attack speed reduced by 6/12/18/24/30% for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds. All allies within range have their movement and attack speed increased by the same amount.
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 Mana:30/40/50/60/70

Explanation-
This is Helena's main chasing and steroid ability. It slows enemies while accelarating allies, good for chasing or escaping. In teamfights provides the whole team with a strong buff. Can also be used to get back to lane faster. This makes Helena very good against attack speed carries, and very good with them.

Defence W: Burn the Arena
Helena creates a circle of fire 150-radius from 600 range. The fire lasts 6 seconds before disapearing. Enemies inside the circle take 1/2/3/4/5% of their max hp as magic damage per second. Allies inside are healed for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3% of their max hp per second.
Cooldown: 24/23/22/21/20 mana: 60/70/80/90/100

Explanation-
This ability has many uses. It can be used to heal your allies, at max level it heals 20% of their max hp over 6 seconds. It can be used to poke the enemy, at max level deals 30% of their max hp over 6 seconds. It is also a great tool for sieging, both healing your minions and damaging the enemy minions to create big waves. In teamfight this ability provides great benefits to your allies. Its high cooldown and mana cost force you to choose wisely how to use it, and its long duration makes it easy for enemies to walk out of it, and hard for allies to receive the whole heal.

Attack E: Punishment
Helena strikes a targeted enemy with her whip (450 range), dealing extra damage and applying CC depending on condition. Deals an extra 50/65/80/95/110 damage +50% Ap.
If the enemy is slowed by "Terrorize", the effects are increased by half, so is the steroid
If the enemy is inside "Burn the Arena" he is rooted for 1 seconds
If the enemy is affected by "Final Calling" the stun is removed and the next chain effect occurs, and the enemy recieves 100 true damage
Cooldown: 8/7/6/5/4 mana: 40/45/50/55/60

Explanation-
This is Helena's main tool of CC and Poke. This ability has a low cooldown so it is spammable, however it has a shorter range than her other abilities. This skill applies CC depending on the effect on the enemy hit, if he is under multiple conditions, the effect that last applied to him will determine the type of CC. If this skill kills the enemy the "Death Toll" immidiately regenerates 5 mana.

Ultimate R: Final Calling
Helena sets her whip on fire (0.5 channel time) and sends out a skillshot to 700 range. If it hits an enemy he receives 75/100/125 magic damage +50% Ap and is stunned for 1 second. At the end of the stun, the whip tries to hit another enemy, within a 200 radius of the first. If it hits another enemy, both receive 75/100/125 magic damage +50% Ap and are stunned for another 1 second. At the end of this stun the effect repeats, untill the whip cannot hit another target.
Cooldown: 180/170/160 Mana: 100/100/100

Explanation-
As Helena's ultimate this provides very high CC for teamfights, disengaging, or forcing fights. The skillshot ignores minions. When a stun effect ends, a flaming whip apears above the last hit enemy, and tries to hit the next target. If the ability hits all 5 enemies, the initial enemy hit would have received stun after stun to a total of 5 seconds stunned. Cleanse removes the stun and ends the chaim effect. This ability is a bit hard to imagine, think of Varus's ultimate, only every time the next enemy hit, all enemies previously hit are stunned aswell as the next one.

So that's it, I hope you enjoyed :) leave plenty of comment, fix the numbers, tell me how OP it is so I can scale it down.
Special thanks to- rudyards
Permafrost
- special thanks to VirusNG1, LaCorpse
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 3:45pm | Report
First off, I appreciate you reworking the champion. Your dedication to making this champion a solid one is admirable. You've been very accepting of critique, and happy to make changes in order to fit the champion better. So +rep. That being said, I have some issues:

Her Passive is interesting, but is probably a little strong. The mana return is low, but the damage seems like it could get out of hand, especially since it pierces. However, by the time it would get OP as hell (mid to late game), minions stop dying in useful places. The frequency of the proc could be OP, but it largely shouldn't matter (due to ADCs staggering last hits). The thing I'm most worried about is it not servivng the purpose you wanted it to. Most of the time, people don't go in front of the melee minions, and if you got within 600 range to proc your passive on their casters, they'll probably be able to punish you. But I'm not sure since I can't see the champion in action.

Her Q is underwhelming. Try looking at Nunu's Bloodboil and Snowball and adapt those numbers to fit into one ability. I might be wrong, but that seems like a really small slow, especially in lower levels of it. The duration is fine, as is the CD and probably the mana cost.

W is nifty. I like the direction you took with it, removing the scaling and making it last longer, but nerfing the numbers a bit. I still feel that the DPS on the enemies is a little absurdly high, but I'd have to look at other champions with Max HP damage abilities.

Is her E an AA reset? That is a little unclear. If she E's a champion affected by her Q, does the buff on nearby allies also double? Please clarify. The Root for her W seems a little strong (they take another 7.5% max HP damage because of it), and you should think about the numbers a little more. Also the fact that it's a 50% AP AA reset on a 4 second CD would get out of hand very fast, especially with CDR. Increasing the CD would probably be a needed fix.

Her ult needs to stun for longer. It'll already be hard to hit because of the cast time, and although the AOE disruption is strong, I honestly think at least the initial stun could be bigger. Maybe a 2 second stun that is reduced by 0.2 seconds per bounce?

Overall, sweet champion. Has some issues, but this incarnation is pretty great.
Arenor
<Member>
Arenor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 5:33pm | Report
This is probably the first time a custom champion is under powered, usually it's comments like "too OP" and "nerf it!"

The damage on her passive is not the main point, it is quite high damage for a passive, its main use is zoning. Combined with her attack range and ability range, enemie will simply back out when she comes near, for fear of getting CCed and burst down. I think i'll add a scaling to the mana regen so that in mid-late game it still covers her mana issues rather than provide poke. Also, the damage doesn't pierce, it works like a skillshot, if it deals damage it doesn't regen mp.

As for her Q, it gets doubled by E, meaning that all allies already buffed by E have those bonuses doubled, I was hoping this wouldn't get too overpowered in teamfights, imagine a 40% slow to m.spd and a.spd + all allies with a 40% m.spd and a.spd buff in a teamfight, and to top it off, 20% heal to all allies and 30% damage to enemies. This would make Helena super OP in teamfights. Not including her ultimate. I will not buff this because I already think it is Op.

The W, well, blade of the ruined king deals 15% max hp damge per AA, so a 30% over 6 seconds isn't reaaaaly that much, and that doesn't include their defences. If you could check other %hp abilities and tell me their damage i will adjust this :)

E doesnt reset her AA, it applies to the next basic attack. Its minimum cooldown is 2.4 seconds, so perhaps i'll make it cause cc every second use. Yes this does double the buff on allies, but it doesnt apply the buff to new allies. The root is assigned to her W for the purpose of keeping them inside the fire, i will reduce it to 1 second though.

As for her R, seriously? More stun? This thing could stun the initial target for 5 seconds! Thats leonas Q+E+R+1sec. That plus her Q and her E simply dominates teamfights. I honestly think this ultimate is great for teamfights, while still providing a 2 second stun vs two targets (in laning phase) and an option to deal true damage with E.

Thank you for the critism, I will change her as many times as it takes untill she is balanced :) I appreciate it very much and you get +rep aswell :)
Permafrost
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 9:20pm | Report
Oh god, I didn't realize that the R could bounce to the same target multiple times. Whoops. That's fine then.

I think you misread BoTRK, it's the active that burns max HP. However, Kog Maw's Bio Arcane Barrage does 8% Max HP per auto, so that's pretty fair now that I think about it a bit more.

I still think Q should do more without E. Perhaps make it so the E effect doesn't double it, but adds a static number? That way you could buff the Q more without making it OP. Not sure though.
Arenor
<Member>
Arenor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 1:12am | Report
Lol, I think you misunderstood the R. it hits the first target, for the sake of explaining i will call him A. it stuns A for 1 second and deals damage, when the stun ends it bounces to the next target within 200 radius. When it hits target B, both A and B are stunned and take damage. Then it jumps to C, and both A, B and C are stunned and take damage. etc etc. if it bounces to all five champions, A would have been stunned over and over again each bounce, to a total of 5 times stunned. B would have been stunned 4 times, C three times, and the last target to be hit would have been stunned only 1 time. The bounce can't hit the same target again since they cant move for the duration of the bounce, and it would just bounce back and forth to infinetly stun everyone.

And I will change the Q, maybe 30% normally, and 40% with E? I don't want this to get out of hand. an entire team with 40% boost and enemy team with 40% debuff... thats pretty harsh in teamfights. It would look like malphites seismic charge on an entire team +a.spd reduction
Permafrost
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 2:17am | Report
That sounds much better with the Q change. And the Ult sounds really nifty, now that I get it.
Arenor
<Member>
Arenor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 2:30am | Report
Cool :) first off I am adding you as "special thanks to" for your contribution :) and secondly, how about we do base stats now? :P
Permafrost
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 9:15am | Report
Worth a shot. Considering the Poke and ranged CC she offers, I'd shoot for stats similar to Thresh, but on the squishier side.
Skyru
<Member>
Skyru's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 12:00am | Report
Her Q sounds like Volibear's E but with larger range and lower slow. O_o
Skyru
<Member>
Skyru's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 12:01am | Report
Her Q sounds like Volibear's E but with larger range and lower slow. O_o
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.