Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Helena - Master of the Arena

Creator: Arenor June 27, 2013 6:31am
1 2
Would you like Helena in the league?
Isolanporzellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 1:56pm | Report
I am really doubtful about the balancing on her Q. I would like to compare it with Nunu & Willumps Absolute Zero, as the range is quite similar (the range of your Q is actually 25 bigger in radius).
Now, Nunus ultimate slows by 50% for 3 seconds, channels (can be interrupted), and does a chunk of damage. In exchange, it has a really long cooldown.
Your Q has longer range (600!), a slow reduced by 20% but a buff for allies of 30% (comparable to Command: Dissonance, which has a range of just 250). It is instant (cannot be interrupted) and lasts a whopping 5 seconds on max level (2 seconds longer). ON TOP OF THAT, it cripples enemy ADCs harder than Frozen Heart does, while buffing the own ADC to insanity. This all for a cooldown of mere 11 seconds.
Now, I am asking you - is the 90 seconds higher cooldown on Nunu & Willumps ultimate justified just by high damage that can easily be dodged or CC-interrupted, while lacking ADC crippling and ally-buff power (Not to mention that you still have a gamechanging ultimate ready besides this skill)?

Well, I guess the question is not whether the Q is OP, but which part of it should be nerfed to make it viable.
As for me, I would suggest nerfing the range to 450 (slightly more than Sky Splitter). Besides this, I would set the duration to 3 seconds and nerf the autoattack crippling/buff to a maximum of 20%. This way, you maintain a slow slightly less effective than Sky Splitter, and offer high utility bonuses (30% movespeed is as if everyone in your team had a little Ghost) for your team instead of the damage.

To make up for this lack of range she seems to be suffering from, I would buff the range on her E to 500, which is still lower than autoattack range for short-ranged ADCs like Vayne with 550 for example.
Feel free to have a look at one of my champion Guides:

Or have a short look at my champion ideas.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide