Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How about another tank item?

Creator: animorte April 15, 2011 12:20am
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:20am | Report
Giant's Belt + Negatron Cloak + Chain Vest

Exactly like Aegis of the Legion except more health, magic resistance, and armor (and cost more, obviously). Or maybe build Aegis into something with a little more of all those. Aegis seems as though it doesn't give enough of everything to take up space late game. Defence is situational, depending on enemies and it doesn't make enough difference by itself in those well-balanced situations.
(With aura if building from Aegis. With or without if built from , , .)
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:21am | Report
but..why?

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:37am | Report
I like finding everything I need in one item. I also like everything that I need to be a little more than, per se, what Aegis offers. We don't have anything that meets that standard in the cost range (3200-3800g). It couldn't hurt.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:41am | Report
It would be completely OP if it combined every tank stat (Health, Armour, MR) in a single item. Aegis is different, it's combined the lower tier forms not the higher tier ones.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:53am | Report
Not as much armor as Thornmail and not as much magic resist as Force of Nature. Obviously not nearly as much health as Warmog's. I like to think that roughly 550 HP, 60 MR, and 55 AR is not OP for about 3800g.

Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:57am | Report
But then it would be a staple on any tanks, taking away the "choose-your-path" kind of playstyle that itemsets have.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 1:00am | Report
Don't almost all champions have 'staple' items anyway?

EDIT: This may also be a somewhat avoided item. Since all defence tends to be situational for tanks, why would they spend so much money if they happened to go against an entirely AD or entirely AP team? I know I wouldn't waste the extra money if the enemy team were all dumb enough to start with a bad composition (which happens quite often, I have noticed). It would only be viable against well-balanced enemy teams (which should be most the time).
Thornmail also reflects AD while FoN has awesome health regeneration. I doubt this 'higher tier Aegis' would be that much more useful in most people's opinions. But there are those that would prefer it.

Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 6:21pm | Report
No more tank items ;-/
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 6:36pm | Report
i think we could use more caster items. i mean i know they're all good but its just too... the same for everything.

want some armor? zhonyas
want some mr? abyssal
want some health? crystal scepter
want mana? archangels

etc etc...
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 10:25pm | Report
Touche...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide