Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How do YOU build Swain?

Creator: Aeacus11 December 17, 2011 5:59am
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 4:28am | Report
^You just wrote that Philo is both better and worse than Doran's Ring in the same sentence :P

Stacking D Rings is a bad idea on Swain imo. I simply do worse unless I get other items first.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 4:30am | Report
I didn't say there was anything wrong with stacking Doran's (it gives you all base stats, which is good), I'm just not a fan of it...at all. And yes, everybody stacks Rabadon's when they are already fed and the game is guaranteed win, didn't you know that (or Mejai's...)? :P
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 8:00am | Report
I start Swain with Dorans Ring.
Nyoroo~

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 8:03am | Report
Sure I will stack Doran's items if I feel like trolling or don't care about what the enemy team is building, or if I want to have a little bit more fun, while still being able to do something. That or I play one my usual AS Kass, Tank Jax, AD Janna, etc to have fun. Those have some interesting outcomes.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 10:31am | Report
5x doran ring swain np sup noobs
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 1:16pm | Report
I get QSS as my 4th item if they have ignite or something like that.
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:27pm | Report
dorans ring and then rushin dat cataryst.

roa which imo is core. along with abyssals and zhonyas.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 1:08am | Report
Searz wrote:

^You just wrote that Philo is both better and worse than Doran's Ring in the same sentence :P

WHOOPS HAHA FIXD.
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 1:32am | Report
Atarios wrote:

I get QSS as my 4th item if they have ignite or something like that.

Yeah, this is important. You gotta buy that QSS when you know they're focusing ignites every team fights on you.
(Discontinued)
Drain
<Member>
Drain's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2011 9:49pm | Report
Why you guys get a Doran ring on a guy with a mana proc passive is beyond me. If you last hit mobs the mana will come in even faster than what the ring would do, basically meaning you could spend the gold elsewhere. You could also do both and have twice the mana... but I'd rather speed towards my catalyst.

But my build was usually Rod+Frozen Heart+Scepter. The hp/armor/resist in raven form was pretty awesome; they die before you do. I've found that you really need to be able to tank with this guy because the ultimate requires you to be right in the middle of the action to put it to full use(Near 3 enemies minimum for full effect), and near at least one for the entire duration of the form. Since 2 of those items have ap/pen though, you don't lose much dps. The mana on the first 2 also means you can keep it up a good while longer. You need +mana too because if you don't have any as Swain... then the form will suck you dry rather quickly and then the damage will cease.(And you'll be there with 0 mana and worthless)

I've used the ancients book sometimes and sometimes not... it's either more tankage vs more damage. Hard to go wrong either way. Most people take the Deathcap though.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide