Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jungle Mundo Runes

Creator: ShenMasterFlash March 17, 2012 9:54am
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 3:08pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Spell vamp are what most pros use, and for good reason. Means his W is basically free. He needs sustain in the jungle, tbh.

I'd use them myself if I had them.

It costs 10 health per second at rank 1, and 30 at rank 5, that means that it is free if you hit 12 targets at the same time at rank 1, and 15 targets at rank 5.

That is NOT "basically free", that is "basically a waste".

If he NEEDS sustain in the jungle, then use ****ing bruiser runes and a vamp scepter, he has a huge ****ing AD steroid, and it doesn't cost 10 health per second.
Tri lane for life.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 3:16pm | Report
oh boy here we go.

thats why you take as reds with vamp scepter for sustain. spellvamp quints are totally pointless late game as you aren't building ap or magic pen, meaning your **** wont deal much damage at all, let alone heal it back.

it would take 90 seconds of rank one burning agony on one target for you to spellvamp as much health as health quints give. not to mention that those health quints buff his passive. so technically, it would take 114 seconds of continuous burning vs 1 target for spell vamp w to match how much health he gets from health quints, also considering his passive is up inbetween camps and during camps where you don't have burning agony up.

it doesnt really make a difference at all.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 3:30pm | Report
Actually, most pros pick either cloth armor or boots, because they have the spellvamp runes. Also, you want to start with W and with that, you can't start with vamp scepter. Starting with W makes it way faster.

For example, going cloth armor + 5 pots with defensive masteries, w,e,e(or even q, doesn't matter really) and as marks, armor seals, magicresist/lvl glyphs and ms quints works fine. With spellvamp runes, you can do the same with boots.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 3:52pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

It costs 10 health per second at rank 1, and 30 at rank 5, that means that it is free if you hit 12 targets at the same time at rank 1, and 15 targets at rank 5.

That is NOT "basically free", that is "basically a waste".

If he NEEDS sustain in the jungle, then use ****ing bruiser runes and a vamp scepter, he has a huge ****ing AD steroid, and it doesn't cost 10 health per second.

You fail to take into account -
Passive
Health potions

Bruiser runes and vamp sceptre? That would literally defeat the whole purpose of Mundo - speed. He's slow as balls if he just walks around and attacks stuff with his E on. It doesn't cost 10 health per second but it costs health, and you go so much slower it's ridiculous. I apologise for stooping to counter aggression (there was no need to swear) with aggression by using an example of a Lee Sin skilling EWEWER, with your argument being that since his ganks aren't 100% perfect, you might as well not do any at all and instead capitalise on something which really isn't his strong point, as his strong point is ganking/duelling, just as Mundo's is speed.

I myself would roll with -
ArP/AS Marks
Armour Seals
MR/Level Glyphs
Spell Vamp Quints.
Cloth and pots and W start.

@Caucheka
"spellvamp quints are totally pointless late game"
So are health quints.

Is that Single target? Remember the number of mobs in the jungle is 3+ on 4/5 camps. The fact that he has more health doesn't mean he has more sustain. It takes Amumu 18 seconds to get as much health back as one that starts with a Ruby Crystal. Does that mean Amumu stats with a Ruby Crystal?

Mundo's problem is not that he needs to survive once, it's that he needs to survive over a long period of time. Spell vamp quints almost nullify the health cost for his W. Health quints don't do that at all, and really, and his passive barely gives any more back with health quints.

You have the option of -
  • Having slightly more base health for late game
  • Being really slow in your jungle (which destroys the whole purpose of Mundo, his best factor is speed)
  • Having subpar quints but staying relatively high in your jungle, meaning you can jungle all day long and gank/counter jungle since you have high enough health.
]
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 4:16pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

You fail to take into account -
Passive
Health potions

YOU HAVE THOSE WHEN YOU DON'T USE SPELLVAMP QUINTS.

DON'T BE ******ED.

YOU ARE TELLING ME RIGHT NOW THAT MUNDOS W EFFECTIVELY COSTS .8 HP PER SECOND, PERIOD.
Tri lane for life.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 4:27pm | Report
Calm down dude, you're getting angry about building a character in a game.

I'm merely saying that you'll stay at an equilibrium of health rather than slowly going down like usual Mundos do. A spell vamp quint Mundo might enter Wraiths with 400 health and come out with 410 due to potions, a non-spell vamp quint Mundo might do the same and exit with 380, with potions. (All numbers come from the top of my head)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 4:46pm | Report
Btw: Don't forget, Q also applies spellvamp, if you ever use it. Mundo has extremly strong ganks while with red buff and Exhaust, because of his high damage and tower dive post 6.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 6:10pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Calm down dude, you're getting angry about building a character in a game.

I'm merely saying that you'll stay at an equilibrium of health rather than slowly going down like usual Mundos do. A spell vamp quint Mundo might enter Wraiths with 400 health and come out with 410 due to potions, a non-spell vamp quint Mundo might do the same and exit with 380, with potions. (All numbers come from the top of my head)

You would have to hit all 4 wraiths for 10 seconds in order to gain 32 health from spell vamp quints.

If you hit 4 wraiths for 4 seconds, you would get 12.8 health back.

Every second that you are hitting less targets means less health back.

Spell Vamp quints give you 0 clear speed advantage, unless mundo is really so unsafe that that 10 health means the difference between ganking and not ganking, in which case, Armor quints are what you are looking for.

If spell vamp quints are designed to make your jungle faster, then why not AP quints, or AtS quints?

Wouldn't that speed up his clear more so than spell vamp?
Tri lane for life.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 6:13pm | Report
AP Quints, scales with nothing except W, spellvamp also scales with Q and is more effective.

ATS, you would just die with boots...
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 6:28pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

AP Quints, scales with nothing except W, spellvamp also scales with Q and is more effective.

ATS, you would just die with boots...

You get to 50 hp with spell vamp quints?

Because the additional clear speed of AtS quints will nearly match the extra damage from not having spell vamp quints imo.
Tri lane for life.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide