Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Lets make an Ascension tier list

Creator: Ninja Trigger September 10, 2014 4:58pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
What do you think about the new mode?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 2:55pm | Report
Soraka are Lulu are probably upper A tier, Karma is probably low S tier.

Karma gives insane mobility to herself and her entire team, not to mention being able to poke most people off a relic to take it herself. Also, an ascended Karma can burst an entire team with RQ and just walk away.

Lulu is really strong as well: she has great mobility for capturing relics, can duel with most people for relics, and becomes nearly impossible to kill when ascended because of her ultimate and shield.

Soraka makes killing anyone nearly impossible, which makes for pointless stalemate teamfights. She's honestly worse than Sona or Nami because she has much stronger heals and a silence with a decent range that can be used to interrupt enemies trying to capture relics for virtually no mana.

Nami and Sona are also good (probably low A tier). I'd honestly be more worried about a Nami than a Sona, given that Nami can AoE stun enemies trying to capture relics right away.

As a general statement, support champions are going to largely be good because they often have high bases on their stats to compensate for a lack of gold to buy items. So they're generally still effective even if they only die a few times.

champions I wasn't thrilled with:
Orianna gives mobility, but she herself has very low mobility. This makes it harder to be effective, even though she can completely screw up a team that groups while trying to kill the Xerath with her ultimate.

Kayle wasn't bad, but she required some wind-up to get there and that was an issue.

me playing Nami
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 2:59pm | Report
I can offer my thoughts on the champions I personally played.

Viktor; felt alright as any similar mage would. Strong when ascended, but easily gimped by focus. Trap is good for denying enemies from stopping your allies capture of relic. C tier.

Warwick: Felt insanely powerful as most enemies are running around at lower health values and can't heal. His ult is pro for locking targets down, and he's excessively hard to kill when ascended. A-S tier?

Braum: Sucked. Since enemies typically come from any and all directions rather than one, Braum is less equipped than you'd think to defend allies in this map. C-F tier.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 3:26pm | Report
Played 4 champs:

Nami is pretty good for defending an ascended person if youre looking for the achievment. Also her ult can stop xerath fights from literally anywhere so that's a thing.

Lissandra is quite alright, she can easily catch and lockdown an ascended champ long enough for her team to follow. Also great for picks cause her tp is like half the map LOL

Zyra is great early on. Send her alone to grab the relic on your side and she can defend easilly, her plants interrupt from a stupid range so she can continuously poke the enemy. Also, a surprise 3stacked bush KILLS really really fast
She gets useless later on in terms of damage and stuff but she can still be pretty good in comps that aim for the perfect achievement cause she can just stall 4ever and sac herself to disengage while her allies are getting relics across the map

Karthus is poop. I got to ult twice the entire game... His damage is great and all but nobody stands in his face and he gets caught super easy if ascended so the fact that he can murder xerath doesn't exactly shine through
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 4:03pm | Report
Soraka are Lulu are probably upper A tier, Karma is probably low S tier.

Karma gives insane mobility to herself and her entire team, not to mention being able to poke most people off a relic to take it herself. Also, an ascended Karma can burst an entire team with RQ and just walk away.

adding Soraka, Nami and lulu to A tier

I just played a Karma round and yes I agree she is easily high tier if played right adding her to low S tier for right now now

I'm going to go do some play testing with Kayle and orianna first before I place them :)

Viktor; felt alright as any similar mage would. Strong when ascended, but easily gimped by focus. Trap is good for denying enemies from stopping your allies capture of relic. C tier.

Warwick: Felt insanely powerful as most enemies are running around at lower health values and can't heal. His ult is pro for locking targets down, and he's excessively hard to kill when ascended. A-S tier?

Braum: Sucked. Since enemies typically come from any and all directions rather than one, Braum is less equipped than you'd think to defend allies in this map. C-F tier.

Adding all to tier list where you suggested Warick upper A tier for now and Braum as much as it hurts me to do it I'm placing my favorite champion in F tier for right now.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 11:39pm | Report
AD Malzahr is really strong on this map. Not only he can kill the Ascendet so fast, that enemies might not even have a chance to react and with infinite mana, well, yeah.^^
He is gonna kill you!!!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2014 5:16am | Report
Katarina is completely broken, I don't know why she hasn't been mentioned yet. People are walking resets half the time, plenty of places to catch people from. Pretty sure she's a solid A tier, perhaps even S tier.

AP Shaco is also pretty strong, even against the lightbringer/hextech thing. There's just WAAAY too many brushes for him to play about, which also allow pretty cunning ult opportunities. Not amazing ascended, but can still be useful for baiting into JitB

AD Tristana is pretty decent, probably B tier. Also, her ult is relatively buggy, allowing her to shoot people over the thick walls, which is a lot more than she is supposed to push.

Cassiopeia is a nightmare if she gets an early Rilay, her W is IMPOSSIBLE to cross unless you got a blink/dash. Top B or low A.

Zilean is too slow for this unless you go full utility/tank-ish. C or D.

Alistar is also really strong due to his ******ed ult and inbuilt sustain.B+ or A-

Ahri isn't sufficiently effective due to Ult CD. C
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2014 9:14am | Report
I think Ezreal deserves better than F rating. He can also really hold himself if he ascends with his epic kiting.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2014 12:21pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Katarina is completely broken, I don't know why she hasn't been mentioned yet. People are walking resets half the time, plenty of places to catch people from. Pretty sure she's a solid A tier, perhaps even S tier.

AP Shaco is also pretty strong, even against the lightbringer/hextech thing. There's just WAAAY too many brushes for him to play about, which also allow pretty cunning ult opportunities. Not amazing ascended, but can still be useful for baiting into JitB

AD Tristana is pretty decent, probably B tier. Also, her ult is relatively buggy, allowing her to shoot people over the thick walls, which is a lot more than she is supposed to push.

Cassiopeia is a nightmare if she gets an early Rilay, her W is IMPOSSIBLE to cross unless you got a blink/dash. Top B or low A.

Zilean is too slow for this unless you go full utility/tank-ish. C or D.

Alistar is also really strong due to his ******ed ult and inbuilt sustain.B+ or A-

Ahri isn't sufficiently effective due to Ult CD. C

Cool I will start placing these soon

I think Ezreal deserves better than F rating. He can also really hold himself if he ascends with his epic kiting.

I will bump up ez later today :) I just put all the Marksmen at F tier more for a placeholder then anything else

NicknameMy wrote:
AD Malzahr is really strong on this map. Not only he can kill the Ascendet so fast, that enemies might not even have a chance to react and with infinite mana, well, yeah.^^

not sure if being serious or trolling?
sig by jhoijhoi
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2014 11:11pm | Report
Did you even bother to read the top rated guide on mobafire from diamond 1?
He is gonna kill you!!!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2014 6:29am | Report
Did you read the pros and cons from said guide? To me it doesn't look like AD Malzahar would do very well in Ascension after reading this. Except from a fast Xerath clear, he'll be starved from mana soon, and he can't fight without having his voidlings up, so with all the assassins he'll have a hard time. It also reads he needs CC from team, which I guess is hard to find in this mode.

There's a reason for him being played in the jungle only.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide