Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

LoL Box_Use it to assist you and improve the...

Creator: lordgameboy April 11, 2013 1:19pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 10:22pm | Report

I'm confused here... is it a virus or not?

my older brothers extra laptop has the blue screen of death shortly after opening the program so take that how you will
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
lordgameboy
<Member>
lordgameboy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 8:37am | Report
See, you guys did a great job at confusing people. DillButt, you really don't read replies, do you? Your "older brothers extra laptop" story has been confirmed to be a scam by your accomplice Meiyjhe. If you really enjoy being a j**k here, come up with a new prank :)
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 8:50am | Report
I never said that Dillbuts situation is fake :O
It is the only proof we have so far :O

You start making less and less sense each comment you make :O
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 8:45pm | Report
lolwhat how is it a scam? and the banana isnt my accomplice i dont really talk to him other than on these forum posts
lordgameboy
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 7:52pm | Report
This is on Reddit front page. Check this out
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1dhj2n/lolbox_is_legit/
It would be a big joke if you still stick to your virus scam. I think somebody owe us an apology here. I know I am not the only one who thinks lolbox is a cool tool for playing lol.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 10:17pm | Report
why would i say sorry when my older brothers laptop broke after downloading that program?
Kuukai85
<Member>
Kuukai85's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 7:03am | Report
Just one thing..I don't care if it's a virus or not, but i don't trust someone that is trying to "sell" his stuff appearing from nowhere and start writing a SIX LINES post about how cool his stuff is.
Be a grammar nazi with me, i need to improve my english T_T
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 2:44pm | Report
What I don't understand is why you are advertising it and being so persistent about its validity if you are apparently not the creator or affiliated with him
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
kinkaito
<Member>
kinkaito's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2013 3:48am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

why would i say sorry when my older brothers laptop broke after downloading that program?

If your brothers laptop "broke" after using this program this computer was on it's way out, or your not telling the full truth, or giving you the benefit of the doubt, you are completely ignorant of what the problem was and decided to blame this program.

Kuukai85 wrote:

Just one thing..I don't care if it's a virus or not, but i don't trust someone that is trying to "sell" his stuff appearing from nowhere and start writing a SIX LINES post about how cool his stuff is.

Not everyone on the internet are jerks, of-course most people in this thread seem to be the exception, lordgameboy seemed to have came across a program, which is similar to alot of programs that have been going around for years of LoL, and out of all the "jungle timer" programs that have been going around for years, he found a very decent one, and decided to share it,

Why did he make a new account to share that information? he might not of actually had an account on this site, but thought this was a perfect importunity to make one, i know i personally don't comment on this site much until i find a good enough reason too post.

He's not selling his stuff, he's already said he didn't create the program, he finds it a very helpful tool so he's showing people who don't know about it.

This is on Reddit front page. Check this out
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1dhj2n/lolbox_is_legit/
It would be a big joke if you still stick to your virus scam. I think somebody owe us an apology here. I know I am not the only one who thinks lolbox is a cool tool for playing lol.

I didn't know much of this program, i did use it, it worked fine, i don't like how it runs though.
For example: as with all other jungle timers, because he doesn't hook directly into the game (which is against the TOS) the program basically sits on top my LoL client, which is fine to prevent you from breaking the rules, however, once the file is running, because it's trying to stay "on top" it prevents you from right clicking your task bar because it just cancels it to get "back ontop"

Basically. once you have it running, it's running, you have to turn it off completely, rather then it having some sort of "stand by" mode.
Since the last content patch however my client crashes alot with this program, (didn't before the patch) so i assume it needs updating, however I've not had a single problem with my PC and my 2 virus scanners haven't reported anything.
Also my malwarebytes hasn't detected any "outgoing" or "incoming" communications from this program either. I didn't have to install anything, nothing got installed by "mistake" seems legit,

Note for you personally - don't let trolls get you talking to them, ignore the, people who tend to post alot on forums are generally really bored and would either a) rather piss someone off for entertainment or b) just wants to chat to pass time. and c) try to look "Smart" to make themselves feel good.

Don't, just don't, if someone doesn't add anything constructive to posts, they generally fit into one of these 3 categories, if they are aiming the post at you personally, comment to them maybe once, get your point across and try to avoid any further discussion with them.

Don't feed the trolls come into this - just walk away, the most "useless ****" that goes into a thread the more the thread will lose it's rep.

Prime example: this thread is full of "don't trust this program" "it broke a PC" yet there isn't any proof of this, If this program worked flawlessly, and someone has something negative happen, you can't "Prove" the program didn't effect them,

Now if you knew this program Did hurt his PC you could prove that, because you know how it works. however defending something that can't be defended doesn't work, they have to prove that it's the problem, It's almost impossible to defend something that is clean but is being accused of being dirty.

But what trolls tend to do is work on that.
They attack something clean saying it's dirty, and come up with the argument of "Prove it" when in reality it's the other way around, counter that argument with "You prove this program is dirty" it's easier to find out if something is dirty, rather then if it's clean. there is so many safe ways to try the program out and see if it's dirty.

So once again: ignore them. move on, take the higher ground. and thank you for trying to bring something good to the community, Enjoy your stay :)
lordgameboy
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2013 12:46pm | Report
kinkaito, thanks for the support. I thought I was fighting for dignity, but you are right, it was more like a waste of time replying to trolls. Before I saw your reply, I was about to abandon this forum. But still, people like you are the reason why these forums still remain very relevant. I used to just read forum posts for information and never posted or commented until I came across the program and found that very few knew about it. Many people do appreciate my sharing post on other forums. I was glad to see so many people sharing information and opinions whether it's legit or not as I wasn't sure about that either.
Well, kinkaito, my friend, you may not come back to see my reply, but your points taken and I really appreciate it :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide