Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Malady or Guinsoo's Rageblade?

Creator: Trojan995 November 25, 2010 4:09pm
1 2
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2010 4:09pm | Report
I'm in the process of creating a hybrid kennen build, mostly AP with enough AS/AD to bridge the cooldown gap. My question to you is which is preferred? Malady, or Guinsoo's Rageblade? I'd probably use either one of those as the first item in my build, as they're both cheap and give a nice balance of AP and AD/AS. I'm leaning towards malady because it seems to be mostly AP oriented, but Guinsoo's seems to have better stats.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2010 4:49pm | Report
Guinsoo's is a nice item since the stacks give you 48 more AP. Thats the upside to it. The down side is that the items to make it arent cheap. Where as Malady's smaller items are.

I would have to say, it depends on the way the game is going. If you are having a good game, than farm for Guinsoo's. If you are having some trouble, than get Malady. Low cost items can help you if you are having a slow game.

Guinsoo's if you are having a good game and lots of gold.

Malady if you are having a slow game and gold is tight.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2010 6:35pm | Report
its more complicated than that.

malady also reduces enemy magic resist, so if they are stacking mr go for malady.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2010 6:36pm | Report
What they said summed up and smarter sounding.

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 5:40am | Report
Nashor's Tooth! XD
CDR, AP, Attack Speed, mana regen (although you don't need mana regen on Kennen). I love this item.

On a slightly more serious note, Malady over Guinsoo's because you don't really need that extra attack damage on Kennen and Malady does have the magic resist. But Guinsoo's does overall have more AP.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 8:48am | Report
I would still go for rageblade for kennen, gives him attack speed for his passive, more ap, and some ad.. good choice.. well i do go rageblade on my kennen tho >.>
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 9:26am | Report
Im a big fan of Rageblade... I mean Malady has its place, and if anything, if you are having a bad game gold wise, you can always make malady and sell it for the Rageblade... Its not unheard of

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 4:26pm | Report
Rageblade over Malody every day ... Gives really nice stats for the money. And don't forget kennens W spells passive!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 7:29pm | Report
I never get Malady though, as nice as it seems. I do use Rageblade on ocassion. :P
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2010 12:06pm | Report
animorte wrote:

Nashor's Tooth! XD

Believe it or not, I actually had Nashor's tooth in my build for kennen, though I'm thinking of getting rid of it to make room for Sword of the Divine. The passive goes nicely with kennen's Electrical Surge, not to mention it's cheaper.

Sorry to those who prefer the Rageblade, but I've tested it out and Malady works better 8 times out of 10. I can buy it significantly earlier and in smaller pieces, and it's mostly AS and AP oriented which is my main concern. I also really enjoy the MR shredding of Malady, because I usually pick Boots of Swiftness over Sorceror's shoes and the extra penetration helps. Guinsoo's didn't give me a strong enough early game for me to really appreciate it, and the late game hardly benefited from it.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide