Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Meta Shift for Top | Duo Top (Sorta)

Creator: DBlakes30 November 17, 2015 5:38am
DBlakes30
<Member>
DBlakes30's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2015 5:38am | Report
With the Preseason release came the new Objective Epic Monster Rift Herald. This is suppose to give importance to the top side of the map. Instead of just playing it like you would Dragon (getting an advantage and then grabbing it) would a top heavy jungler work. What comes to mind in my head are champions like Nunu, Sejuani, or Zac. A tanky jungler that can go top with another tank and start 2 Relic shields. Maybe take Teleport/Smite to still keep pressure around the map as well. This way they could take Herald earlier in the game. And IMO an early Rift Herald is way more important than an early dragon.
Main Jungle
Silver III
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2015 6:26am | Report
You can easily take Herald by just killing the enemy laner, provided you know the enemy jungler's location. Your enemy gets ganked, he dies, you kill Herald, his tower is gone, easy. Also, I don't think an early Herald is more important that an early Dragon. It's a buff that doesn't last long and most of the time it only allows you to push 1 turret, while Dragon gives you a global buff.
DBlakes30
<Member>
DBlakes30's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2015 11:17am | Report
I can see that. But the global buff early doesn't seem to make a large impact. Where as the Herald buff gives you early pushing power. I haven't had time to test it yet with my friends but I'm taking on the role of shot caller and it's something I've thought about a bit. Just different things to catch the other team off guard.
Main Jungle
Silver III
JakeParkbench
<Member>
JakeParkbench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2015 6:15pm | Report
This strat is something i have considered as well, as stated the herald can allow for an easy tower. This has been seen as the better trade for an early dragon. The only reason people keep the 1-1-2 meta is because thinking is hard and change is harder. If pro players start doing 2-1-1 in lcs the meta could shift.Also after 20 mins towers are going down anyways and soloq ends up being a roamfest that doesn't keep the 1-1-2 anyways. The only problem with it right now is the enemy team wont match and you always have 2v1 lanes.
DBlakes30
<Member>
DBlakes30's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2015 4:21am | Report
Hmm.. the top laner could always be a good 2v1 laner. Lissandra or Sion could do it. Maokai is always a golden choice. I don't see it working in Solo Que just because early teamwork never seems to be more than running mid and pushing. I have a team of 5, and so lane swapping is always a choice. But I was also thinking a tanking jungler that would spend a lot of time top to get him/ her an advantage. Gain lane dominance then Rift Herald and push to get a free early tower. But I do agree on Herald being stronger just because it gives Team Gold on death + the Tower you'll most likely get from it. I think that is so much more worth than first dragon.
Main Jungle
Silver III
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2015 4:59am | Report
You know ranged champs deal less damage against Rift Herald? This turns 2-1-1 into poop.
DBlakes30
<Member>
DBlakes30's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2015 4:32am | Report
Not necessarily. It doesn't just negate it. There is still always attacking the eye for the true damage.
Main Jungle
Silver III
rankupColdbolt
<Member>
rankupColdbolt's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2015 10:10am | Report
If the meta stays the way it is, you will see LCS teams pick duo lane top as it's the stronger of the two objectives (dragon and rift herald) and the enemy team getting it is too dangerous. I will back this up as soon as I can.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide