Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My Garen Buff/Rework to scaling on Judgment,...

Creator: NicknameMy March 29, 2012 2:03pm
What do you think about this?
Forgottenduty
<Member>
Forgottenduty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 3:54am | Report
That sounds a bit op...
-Come back with your shield,or on it-
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 9:58am | Report
Dude, his passive is completely fine.
~15 hp/5 on lvl 1 is pretty strong.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 11:05pm | Report
"Garen will regenerate 0.5% of his maximum health per second after not receiving damage for 5 seconds. The regenerative state will stop if Garen receives more than 10(lvl1) / 15(lvl6) / 20(lvl11) dmg."

This is the new way of the passive, I think this is better to ignore some of the minion damage.

The real problem of garen ist, most actually played champs top counter him.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2012 12:17am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

"Garen will regenerate 0.5% of his maximum health per second after not receiving damage for 5 seconds. The regenerative state will stop if Garen receives more than 10(lvl1) / 15(lvl6) / 20(lvl11) dmg."

That's not going to change anything really. That's about a seige minion's attack and you will take more than that if you decide to trade with a Q-E combo on Garen.

Only thing you've changed is it now takes 2 seconds less to trigger the passive.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 1:21am | Report

Well, now changed things again. His Q is now a gap closer, which amplifies his next attack for bonus damage and a silence, which also gets a new animation, because the actual animation is for playing just **** and too predictable.

"Bonus Physical Damage: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 (+0.5 per bonus attack damage)"

The needed damage for his passive is now higher:

"30/40/50/60 1/6/11/16"

The shield now has these stats:

"Cooldown: 24 / 22 / 20 / 18 / 16 seconds

Damage Reduced: 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 / 18%

Armor Penetration: 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 / 16%"

Finally, his judgments dmg was reduced, to make up for the gap closer.

"Physical Damage per Second: 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140 (+1.5 per bonus attack damage)

Total Physical Damage: 120 / 195 / 210 / 345 / 420 (+4.5 per bonus attack damage)"
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 6:56am | Report
You are changing everything that is decent about him. ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

We're going to look at a slightly comparable champion, Olaf.

Q, chasing device. W, alleviates damage. E, straight damage with some utility. R's are completely different.

Now, what were going to do is throw a gap closer onto the Q. Olaf can activate Q again after it's hit the ground to teleport to the axe and bump the CD up by 2 seconds but only if it hits a target. They are still slowed. What does this do for Olaf? Now, all he has to do is buy Frozen mallet and you're never going to get away unless you have QSS or a large amount of tenacity because he now has a blink.

Let's move over to Garen who has, arguably, one of the highest damaging combos at level 3 with a Q-E. We're going to give him access to landing the E no matter what. All he has to buy is a FM, and again, you will not escape. That hasn't changed from pre-gap closer Garen, you've just made it 100 times easier for him to do it. And, to top it all off, we're going to give him free, non-conditional, percentage armor penetration.

No other champ has this on a regular skill while doing nothing. Urgot has percent armor reduction on his E but, he actually has to hit somebody with it and it's not up all the time. Olaf has flat armor pen, but it's on his ult and, to be honest, it makes sense with his kit. This change to Garen is, and don't try to deny it, "I'm going to make him more powerful because I don't like where he is right now" status, isn't it? I could go on but, I'm rambling at this point and, it's probably not going to make sense soon.

TL;DR You're bad at balancing in general. I bet a few people here would appreciate it if you stopped for sanity's sake.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 7:33am | Report
Gaen is kinda hard to balance. But for the most part he is fine, pubstomps early, falls off late. His powercurve is fine, not every champion needs to be amazing late game. Good example?

-Leblanc
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 7:47am | Report
It is only bad, that garen sucks vs most champs even early and then sucks even harder late. Just a bit like Eve, suck at any stage of the game.

BTW: Didn't you notice I took away 180 dmg on E at this stage? I wanted to swap out dmg for utility.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 7:55am | Report
You still have way too easy access to 195 damage at level 3. Probably not going to be able to get away from that. Cooldowns are short too. No, bumping cooldowns up are not going to fix it.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 8:53am | Report
Okay, removed the silence from the dash and lowered the dmg again: 120 / 180 / 240 / 300 / 360 (+4.5 per bonus attack damage)

Or maybe, his judgment needs a total rework aswell...

Like: "Garen rams his sword into the ground, dealing high damage to targets around him."

That would be a good ability for someone like garen.

His W should then be reworked aswell to fit the new dash+aoe dmg playstyle.
He is gonna kill you!!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide