Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My Garen Buff/Rework to scaling on Judgment,...

Creator: NicknameMy March 29, 2012 2:03pm
What do you think about this?
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 9:01am | Report
His silence is like...His main tool....Now you're just gimping him by over compensating.

Seriously, Garen is fine. He could use a better source of scaling on his Spin...Crit Chance doesn't work for him. They could do bonus dmg based on armor or mr I suppose...Or just damage.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 9:37am | Report
He just sucks vs nearly any played tops atm...

He is like eve, but less useable, because eve can even stealth roam.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 10:33am | Report
Except Garen can tank and does AOE damage? He isn't built for top because he isn't a legit tanky-dps. Hes more offtank to fulltank. He can generate threat with his presence and silence while in the middle of enemies. His ult also does a decent amount of burst.

*Edit: Also Garen doesn't suck early, hes arguably one of the strongest early game champions.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 12:13pm | Report
But he gets countered by most champs. Lee can simply dash way, Fiora just blocks q and lulz him, Udyr shields the dmg and wins the trade with tiger, olaf just outdmgs him, kennen, what do you think?, shyvana, she has also aoe dmg and hurts alot aswell, singed just trolls him with the posion, nasus scales so much better that garen falls off hard very early, gp, slows you, oranges your silence.

I mean, just look, he can't win...
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 1:13pm | Report
Why would you waste oranges on the silence? Unless you're going to flash away from a gank, there's no reason to.

Comparing him to Nasus who scales super well with farm is stupid. 9/10 of champs outscale Garen.

Vs Shyvana, you can silence her and spin2win. It's not like she can really fight back as she is Tanky-deeps caster.

Kennen is just going to dominate you. Now 2 ways about it.

You have to be balls out aggressive. All the time to win.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 3:29am | Report
"(Active): Garen rams his sword into the ground, dealing high damage to enemies around him. Enemies, which are hit, are also slowed for 3 seconds. After that, Garen is stunned for 0,5 secods (not reduced by tenacity). Deals 1/2 dmg vs structures.

No cost
Radius of AoE: 350

Cooldown: 24 / 23 / 22 / 21 / 20 seconds

Physical Damage: 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+1.0 per bonus attack damage)

Slow: 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50%"

This is the new judgment. It reminds me a bit of one ultimate in warcraft 3, from the Far Seer. But instead of it, it has waay smaller AoE, slows not that hard and deals also dmg vs other things than structures.

Courage

(Passive): Garen's armor and magic resistance are permanently increased by 0.5 every time he kills an enemy unit. Garen can gain a maximum of 25 armor and magic resistance. Also, for every basic attacks, his cooldowns are lowered by 1 second. This is disabled if Courage is active.
(Active): Garen increases his attack speed for 5 seconds. For every basic attack he lands in this duration, he gains 3% dmg reduction for 3 seconds, stacks up to 5 times, duration is reset by every new basic attack. (at particles, this will build up a shield and for every attack it grows)

No cost

Cooldown: 24 / 23 / 22 / 21 / 20 seconds

Attack Speed: 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80%

This should increase the damage Garen deals between his auto attacks. Because his other damage is instant, and no longer a 3 seconds spin, I think this suits him really well. He also still has a shield, cuz a real demacian needs a shield.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 8:10am | Report
The final step of my total Garen rework is done. Now his lovely spin is his ultimate.

(Active): Garen rapidly spins his sword around his body for 4 seconds, removing all existing slows and disables all new slows, plus dealing physical damage to nearby enemies every half second. Garen can deactivate Judgment early by activating the ability again after 0.5 seconds. Garen cannot use Decisive Strike or Demacian Justice while Judgment is in effect. Judgment's damage can critically strike, in which case, only the base damage will be multiplied.

No cost
Radius of AoE: 330

Cooldown: 140 / 120 / 100 seconds

Physical Damage per Second: 150 / 175 / 200 (+1 per bonus attack damage)

Total Physical Damage: 600 / 700 / 800 (+4 per bonus attack damage)
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:52am | Report
Can't you give it a rest already?

Your ideas are 95% rubbish.

Not only do you fail to grasp the core of the champs you're "reworking", even the rework itself consists of totally randomized garbage.

Your new Garen for example:
You pick a offtank/fulltank AD champ and recreate him into some AoE Dps ****-up.
Not to mention that your spells don't synergize at all...

If you dislike the current Garen that much, how about PLAYING ANOTHER CHAMP!??
Renekton or .... hey, what about Wukong you know, the guy with the SPIN ULTI?
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 11:33am | Report
So why don't you just get stop playin Garen and replace him with Wukong.

All of your problems have been solved, and I just saved RIOT the hassle of making you a new champion.

win-win?
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 11:42am | Report
Wukong sucks aswell. He has no sustain and mana problems in the lane. He looses most matchups and he can't do much...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide