Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need Soroka help!!!

Creator: Blizzierian September 4, 2010 10:08pm
Oberron
<Member>
Oberron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2010 1:16pm | Report
I agree with Chaotic. Infuse champs to silence them, do dmg, hope for a kill assist. After lvl 6, MAP AWARENESS!! Your global heal can be used to make you the best assist ***** ever. if you heal an ally, and they kill a champ within 6 sec of you healing them, you get an assist. I go a single kage's, then boots, then build for AP. Starfall at lvl 3 if I'm desparate, but usually wait until 5. Last hitting isn't a problem. Lategame, you own creep waves. it doesn't matter how many creeps there are, if they are in range of starfall, they all take the hit at no increased mana cost. Just realize that you will have a slow start without map awareness.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 9:06pm | Report
First of all: Soraka is a good farmer if you actually put points in starcall and use it. This is something a lot of people ignore, but if you put some early game points in it and start using it you will have no more farming issues...
Second: stacking Philosopher's Stones is better on Soraka imo, but Lucky Picks work too.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:07am | Report
Soraka should not farm...
She's a supporter. Her partner should get all the minion kills. Supporters should only lasthit minions that their partner can't grab.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:16am | Report
I just played a game with Soraka, going AP/DPS instead of support. Holy god, she is awesome. Spamming that Starcall, and then the free ****load of damage and silence. She does a lot more damage than people know. Besides, going so much AP definately buffed her heals.

I used . Easily over 400 AP and sooooo much heal, so much damage.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:34am | Report
She's at best decent at farming, she doesn't fit the nuking role and her base stats are simply too bad to play her for DPS.
Those items aren't bad though. Just throw in a Philo stone and it's a pretty decent build.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:38am | Report
Her constant Starcall is pretty decent damage and, to be honest, it is by far one of the best farming skills in the game. She is a great farmer (and early game harrasser), granted she isn't always supposed to, lolz.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 4:06am | Report
b2t: on all of my supports i lik getting HoG(s) on soraka id probably go philo->kages/Hog->the other one
on my taric for example i stack up to 4 HoGs depending on how well my roam goes. Soraka shouldnt be roamed though imo. Still you should stack 2-3 gold items. from there on you can still decide weather to go ap or full support

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 4:29am | Report
Yea... Try farming with Starcall when there's enemies in the lane.. She can't harass without risking her life because of how easy she is to dive. Ever faced a double stun lane as Soraka+carry? It POOPS on them.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 7:43am | Report
I have never had that problem with Soraka (she's my main). I use infuse and starcall to harass and never get jumped.
random question: If Soraka gets no farm how is she supposed to afford multiple gold regem items? I think both people in lane should get equal farm if possible. It's almost impossible to be good support with no items.

Animorte: I'd recommend adding an Archangel's Staff, seriously it's amazing.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 6:20am | Report
The whole point of having a support is to help someone who needs farm. The support is supposed to get about 10 to 50 lasthits in a match while the partner (usually a carry) is supposed to have 200+. Supporters don't need items to be useful, most carries NEED items to be useful.

If you never get jumped your enemies are kinda bad... Soraka's biggest weakness is getting jumped.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide