Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ninja v Mercury on Ram

Creator: TRoosevelt December 9, 2011 3:40am
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 4:39pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Warmogg's is always core on any full tank champion...

That is if you want to be a good tank with good stats.

Either tabi or merc will be fine, evaluate the strength of the opposition's right clickers (Vayne, Kog, Tryn) and decide what you'll be needing.

Another cool item for Rammus that is not often purchased is Rylai's.

Warmogs is core until said otherwise.

I approve this message.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 8:39pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Warmogg's is always core on any full tank champion...

Dear lord nope.
I really fail to see why you would get an item with no resistances on a full tank.
In rammus case giant belt has better be ending in either rylai or sunfire.

Back on topic, being rammus you can delay boots lvl 2 after gp/5 items, when there consider the enemy team, Mercsare most common as of today everyone has CC, still if you run into a team with 2 autoattacker and a 3rd ohysical damage dealer tabi's are the right thing, being a tank they shouldn't be wasting ccs on you anyway, yet in that case always have a Quicksliver Sash to run from a otherwise deadly CC.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 10:20pm | Report
Its called improving your effective health zio...a 3k hp tank with 200 armor and mr is less effective than a 6k hp tank with 150 armor and mr....im really starting to wonder zio if you actually know how to play lol. Your statements are biased at times inaccurate and 100 percent opinion. Its like you just kinda thinking you know more than you actually do....but thats besides the point. Warmogs is a cost effective item right now. On top of that it gives tanks the beefyness they need to be good tanks. If youre not getting warmogs youre gimping your healt which means you cant tank and you end up sucking a fat **** while ur team dies around you.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 10:22pm | Report
Oh but to be on topic. Depends on the game. Lots of cc and mages take mr. Lots of melee get tabi. Simple as that. But mercs is almost always better because of the cc reduction.
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 10:39pm | Report

Its called improving your effective health zio...a 3k hp tank with 200 armor and mr is less effective than a 6k hp tank with 150 armor and mr....im really starting to wonder zio if you actually know how to play lol. Your statements are biased at times inaccurate and 100 percent opinion. Its like you just kinda thinking you know more than you actually do....but thats besides the point. Warmogs is a cost effective item right now. On top of that it gives tanks the beefyness they need to be good tanks. If youre not getting warmogs youre gimping your healt which means you cant tank and you end up sucking a fat **** while ur team dies around you.

You talk as if sunfire doesn't provide any health and actually as if warmogs is the only item giving health in LoL
Warmog is just too much health for a champion like rammus that benefits greatly from mitigation (and for worth **** that is AD from armor).
Speaking of not knowing about LoL I'd like to hear your PoV on the cost efficency of a warmogg's on a jungler.
Dear sir, it is I questioning your LoL knoweledge sir, actually once again.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 10:56pm | Report
Cost effeciency is dependant on the item not on the role a champion is playing.

Why does it work that way?

Because if i had a bad game then i might not be able to make it to warmogs. If i have an amazing game i can buy three.

Thats not a lol question thats a logic question.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 11:02pm | Report
ZioSerpe wrote:

Dear lord nope.
I really fail to see why you would get an item with no resistances on a full tank.
In rammus case giant belt has better be ending in either rylai or sunfire.

Back on topic, being rammus you can delay boots lvl 2 after gp/5 items, when there consider the enemy team, Mercsare most common as of today everyone has CC, still if you run into a team with 2 autoattacker and a 3rd ohysical damage dealer tabi's are the right thing, being a tank they shouldn't be wasting ccs on you anyway, yet in that case always have a Quicksliver Sash to run from a otherwise deadly CC.

If anything, rammus is the BEST canidate in the ENTIRE GAME to have Warmog's on.

he has a ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY magic resist AND armor steroid that lasts a significant amount of time.
Tri lane for life.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 11:05pm | Report
Temzilla

I heard you like mudkips
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 11:16pm | Report

Cost effeciency is dependant on the item not on the role a champion is playing.

Why does it work that way?

Because if i had a bad game then i might not be able to make it to warmogs. If i have an amazing game i can buy three.

Thats not a lol question thats a logic question.

Once again seems like you caught between a rock and a stupid place, lemme explain:
On an average LoL game (unless you're ***ing raping everyone but at that point you migh aswell build infinity edge on rammus and still win) on a jungler you really don't have the money to buy warmogs AND other good items, at this end is way more rewarding buying less expensive items that still grant you health and resistances (reason for a lot of junglers go aegis)
As a jungler I'll always rather build cheaper resistance items with HP then a single chunk of HP with no resistances. Obviusly if I'm snowballing welcome warmogs, but what kind of noobs must you be playing with to be easily snowballing?

Also, lil trivia on Rammus, he's the only champ that currently have an health rating of 100 (idk why since his HP base HP is actually low)

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 11:24pm | Report
Honestly, Sunfire is a must get on Rammus.

Armor for his passive ant tank-itude. HP for... because it's awesome.
The passive is just there so you're a bigger threat.
True love is found only in yourself.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide