Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

OTG's ideas to improve champions for Season 6.

Creator: OTGBionicArm September 2, 2015 2:49pm
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 10:31pm | Report
but none of them have two health bars
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 11:03pm | Report
I feel like its something that sounds more OP on paper than in practice
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2015 12:49am | Report
quinn has almost 2k health at level 18, with two health bars she would have almost 4k health at level 18, yes its without resistances but its still a lot of health

at level 1 quinn has 533 health without masteries, with your rework she would have 1066 health at level 1

her early game would be way too good if that stays because even if one "half" of her character dies the other comes back as either an assassin with an execute or an adc to finish the job and continue doing whatever she wants in the lane

and after that killing the other "half" only gives you 50 gold and gives her her other form again which means youre getting rewarded by -not- killing quinn, dont you see how thats a problem? like quinn is already an ok champion so i would want to kill her because shes the adc but i wouldnt want to because if i do id only get 50 gold for it and she would get to have her valor burst again

basically its bad design reward people for not killing someone and not being rewarded by staying alive
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2015 3:21am | Report
Perhaps if they share the same health bar, Quinn gets one half and Valor gets the other?
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2015 12:29pm | Report
how would that work with lifesteal and other healing? would you just be stuck at half hp after you go below half hp or can you go back to full after losing a form? would the form come back after healing? will i get the gold for the kill just by bringing her to half hp?

honestly if you just keep it simple and make them share the same life bar like every other champion and nerf some of quinns numbers to make up for valors new burst and mobility and itll be fine, no need to add a bunch of ******** cuz it sounds cool or "but valor is a bird!!!!"
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2015 1:00pm | Report
Yeah that'd probably be the easiest solution. Valor would still feel like his own character that way. But might have to remove his creep heal though, or Quinn will use it for her own sustain.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2015 11:51pm | Report
Sorry I haven't made any suggestions yet. Just really busy also I'm really bad at theory crafting.

I do like this change kinda.

Static Field: Lightning damage from this abilities passive now transfer the gold and last hitting credit to the nearest ally if it kills a minion.

but I think just giving blitz a free Relic Shield charge is a little OP, since it's really not that hard to play around it.

I think it would just be better if it didn't release Lighting at all, and instead of random RNG Lightning being tossed around while his ult is off cool down, it would instead give him more passive Mana Regan, so that his Mana Barrier would be more reliable.

But I do like most of the changes :)

Again I never theory craft and I'm really bad at it when I try it.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2015 12:56am | Report
I'd just make it so that every X seconds, Blitz's next attack or ability does bonus magic damage. If the skill is Rocket Grab, it does half the damage. Using Overdrive lowers the cooldown of the passive by Y seconds, and lowers the cooldown of Static Field by Z seconds.

Or, going on the "next attack/skill deals more damage" thing, using Overdrive doubles the magic damage dealt while it's active.

You know, actually incentivizing him to use the whole kit for combat, other than like, never using W because it's kinda bad right now.

That's my amateur design opinion anyway. I could probably offer other suggestions if I really looked through the thread, but not tonight.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2015 1:27am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:
I'd just make it so that every X seconds, Blitz's next attack or ability does bonus magic damage. If the skill is Rocket Grab, it does half the damage. Using Overdrive lowers the cooldown of the passive by Y seconds, and lowers the cooldown of Static Field by Z seconds.

Or, going on the "next attack/skill deals more damage" thing, using Overdrive doubles the magic damage dealt while it's active.

You know, actually incentivizing him to use the whole kit for combat, other than like, never using W because it's kinda bad right now.

That's my amateur design opinion anyway. I could probably offer other suggestions if I really looked through the thread, but not tonight.

I honestly think Blitzcrank needs scrapped. His signature ability, Rocket Grab forces him into a win-more scenario. The ability is so damn powerful when used properly that he isn't allowed to have much power outside his winning condition of grabbing someone. While I feel like if they removed this ability and reworked him entirely, people would grab the pitch forks, but I feel like it's the ability that actually holds Blitz back from being a fun and engaging champion. Cause currently, playing him feels kind of like fishing.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2015 1:50am | Report
Honestly, having a "win more" button on a champion, not just talking about Blitz here, isn't a terrible thing. There's definitely still counterplay you can do with it, it just revolves around the pick phase of the game, which isn't super great. Or dodging it, but not even Challenger scrubs know how to do that.

Currently, Blitz's entire identity is wrapped up in Rocket Grab. Use, or actually never use, Overdrive to position for a good hook. Use Power Fist in order to prolong the CC after the hook. Use Static Field in order to do more damage, and prevent a counter-initiate from them if they have a good way to do it. Of course, this is all fine for the Blitz player, but there's no way to really take any part of it away from him and still make it feel like Blitz. He was a robot made by Viktor to grab ***es, and he does that really well.

If you make Rocket Grab into a "pull them halfway to me" thing, it becomes a much weaker version of Dredge Line combined with Death Sentence. And then, that leaves all his other skills kinda useless, if it's not a full pull.

So, what direction do we pull him in, pun intended. Well, we can embrace the "steam golem" thing, and have his skills go off a heat system like Rumble, but that would mean that Rocket Grab is completely gone, and Riot said they'd never do that. Simply because it brings something new to the table, whether you like it or not. And, that's honestly something that Riot is trying, and needs to do if they want League to remain interesting. Every champion has to be different enough that you can't say, "Okay they banned out champion A, might as well play champion B, they've almost the same.

For example, Annie and Leona have roughly the same AP ratios on all of their skills combined. If Leona's skills were less delayed, there wouldn't be a lot of reason to pick Annie.

Back to the point at hand though, Blitz is in a way bad spot right now, I won't disagree with that, but there's really no way to "fix" him without giving him an entirely new set of things.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide