Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Planeswalker inspired champion idea.

Creator: FalseoGod June 24, 2015 1:06pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2015 1:06pm | Report
I'm thinking about doing a few MTG to LoL champion ideation. However, I'm terrible with numbers (CBA) so it'll just be ability description, possibly rough cooldown ideas and a few details on how fast they blow up their mana and stuff.

And how did they get in Runeterra? Planeswalking. Duh.

First up:

Jace, Mind Sculptor

Ranged mage (~400, smooth AA particle), amongst the lowest HP in mages, "regular" base mres and armor. 330 MS.

Passive - Heightened perception:
Jace's auto-attacks and damaging abilities mark the target for 3/4/5 seconds (levels 6, 11 and 16), reducing all incoming ability and AA modifier damage by 10/20/30%

The idea here is that Jace gets into the opponent's mind and sort of understands what they're doing, thus preparing himself better against coming blows.

Q - Stiffle (10/9/8/7/6 second cooldown, 0.2AP Ratio): Jace sends 3 distorted waves (sort of graves Q but slower and longer), each dealing damage to the first enemy unit hit. Champions hit by Stiflle are slowed by 10/15/20/25/30% and their abilities on cooldown gain an extra 3 seconds of cooldown.

Stiffle is not used as a damaging tool, but rather for the setup and utility. It's usually best used following some CC or engage.

W - Planeshift (CD should be long since it's a flashing sort of ability): Passive: Jace gains an extra 20MS when out of combat

Jace removes all damage over time effects from him and becomes phased for 3 seconds, temporarily becoming invisible and immune to damage or crowd control effects. If he damages an enemy unit with his abilities or auto-attack before leaving his phased state, he becomes visible again.
Unphasing on top of an enemy unit deals massive damage.

Q should be able to set this ability. I wanted his W to allow him to immediately gain his passive bonus ms

E - Force of Will: Jace creates a circular wall at target location that closes onto after 2 seconds itself, creating a field. All units passing that wall receive minor damage and a slow of 15%, whereas units caught after on the field take extra damage and become rooted for 0.5/0.75/1/1.25 seconds (idk if the root is too short, but this is supposed to have a decent range).

R - Traumatize (big range, something like 600-800, 60CD): Jace deals damage to target champion and marks them. The next time you press Q, W, E or R, the marked champion's corresponding ability becomes disabled for 10 seconds.

I wanted Jace to play more like a sort of support/utility champion. He has pretty big cooldowns and his biggest damage dealer would be his ult and W. He brings different kinds of CC that mess up all sorts of casters. He can also go for a tanky role due to his passive and having quite decent AoE, thus scalling well into midgame as a support.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2015 10:14am | Report
Chandra, the Firebrand

Ranged mage (~450 AA range)

Passive - Rage of the Firebrand:
If Chandra loses 20% or more of her Maximum HP while in combat, her cooldowns are reduced by 10/20/30% (levels up at level 6,11, and 16)

Q - Outrage (8/7/6/5/4 second cooldown): Chandra throws a fireball in a line that deals reduced damage to minions and stops when it hits an enemy champion, dealing damage in a small AoE. This damage ignores and removes all shields from enemy units.
If Chandra has Rage of the Firebrand, the splash range increases by 150.

W - Wall of Flames (15/14/13/12/10s CD): Chandra creates a Wall of Fire that deals over time damage to all targets directly over it. This wall lasts for 3 seconds.
If Chandra has Rage of the Firebrand, the wall lasts for 5 Seconds instead.
(this spell is cast like victor's E or Rumble's R. This is relevant because of Chandra's E)

E - Fireshift: Chandra creates a fire gate directly in front of her and another one 500 units away from her pointing outwards or inwards (mouse decides this). All spells cast by Chandra can be teleported through these walls. Chandra can walk through the gate and be teleported, gaining a boost of 10/15/20/25/30 MS.
If Chandra has Rage of the Firebrand, all abilities cast through Fireshift are split in both directions (flamewall gains twice it's range and Q goes bothways as well)

R: Flight of the Phoenix (CD: 60/50/40)- Chandra dashes in a line (1200 range), gaining speed and an AoE aura that increases the longer she travels. All enemy minions and champions hit by Flight of the Phoenix's aura take damage depending on how far Chandra travelled. If Chandra teleported through Fireshift, she deals twice the damage. If Rage of the Firebrand is active, Chandra's aura is doubled. When Chandra finishes her flight, she creates an AoE explosion that deals massive damage.

Chandra is a midlaner with huge cast and burst potential. Her midgame is absolutely hardcore because of passive potential + items. Lategame, the passive is harder to pull but she still has a pretty big zoning and poke potential. Furthermore, she has pretty relevant mobility, hence not having any relevant CC to compensate the distances she can travel.

Phrain
<Member>
Phrain's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2015 4:31pm | Report
What kind of ranges are you thinking about for Jace? It'll be hard to balance him without having some idea of how close he needs to be to do his thing.

What does Jace's passive do; what are the AA modifiers you're talking about? I think it would work better if his passive was something more in line with his current Q, increasing his opponent's CDs. I think it fits his character better, what with him being a control mage and all, is easier to understand, and cements his identity a bit more.

Of course you'll need to buff his Q in some way if you do that (I think it's a little weak as is tbh, though no ideas how to improve it atm.)

The wording on his W seems a bit clunky, and the W itself seems broken as hell; it's Vlad's pool, but better. Maybe just have him blink from point A to B, and have him increase allies speed in an AoE around the two points while slowing enemies in that area.

His W seems good, though the root is a bit low, maybe have it go .75/1/1.25/1.5/1.75

I think I'm understanding his ult correctly, (choose player, hit button [Q,W,E,R] that player can't use the button you hit for 10 seconds) clean up the wording here a little, but otherwise FANTASTIC ability, and I really cannot emphasize that enough. That right there can shut down certain champions if used properly even if they are fed to hell, but used wrong and it's basically useless. I think the CD is way to short though, I'd say have it scale down as you level it, (110/90/70?)

Chanda seems neat (she appeals to me about as much now as she does in card form :P), though I think her passive should just activate when she hits a certain HP threshold, so if she has 10% hp it's up, regardless of how long she's been out of combat. That makes her all the harder to predict, because yes she's low, but now she melts twice as much face. I do ultimately love the idea of her getting stronger the lower you get her, and the fact that all her abilities also get empowered is a nice touch.

I do have to ask one thing though, do they die to doomblade?
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2015 5:36pm | Report
Hey, thanks for the reply :P

I'm scared of making jace really broken.

Passive: His passive was meant to make him tanky, he has enough AoE to mark targets (also his AAs also apply marks. With defensive items and CDR, he should be able to witstand a lot of punishment. I think giving him something like his Q (raising enemy cooldowns) as a passive might be broken as it will lockdown a lot of casters and supports.

Q fix: probably numbers. His slow could scale with something (resistances or ap?) and it could be a CD raise of 3/3.5/4. 4 seconds cooldown is a fairly high amount, I could risk higher but being AoE he might turn into an ebola champ.
Q particle speed should be like Viktor's E. At max rank, it has a 6 second cooldown, with max CDr it goes to 4 sec cooldown. It has a high lockdown potential as it is, so the slow should probably not rise much more..

W is probably trying to do too much at once, like you say. I wanted it to be some sort of conceptual version of planeshifting.
Maybe rewording to: "Jace shifts into another reality, blinking towards target location while becoming untargettable briefly before and after shifting. When he shifts back, he applies a mark of Heightened Perception on all enemies around a large area).

So this would mean he deals no damage, reduces damage to himself and can now setup for his other abilities a lot better.

E: I'll do as you said. The English is clunky as hell oo Range should be around Arcane Shift

Yeah, the R is exactly how you understood ^^ I need to set a duration for reactivating your ult so the lockdown takes place tho (3-5 seconds I think).

This can create some cool interactions, like forcing the enemy champ to blow up his cooldowns too soon to try and get off abilities (say you ult a Kayle. They may feel obligated to cast R, meaning you can lock something else. Or you're too fast and they won't be able to do it).

I think he is pretty tricky to play but could be really rewarding by abusing Q and R properly.

--//--

I get what you're saying about Chandra's passive, it'll always be hard to play around. I think the hp loss thing just gives more opportunities for her to use it. Having 10% to try and get stuff done is just so risky, and it barely gives her lane presence with that :/ She'd need to be in a team filled with shields to be abused and they'd need to find a way to artificially make her lose hp.

In realy teamfights though, staying at 10% HP is unrealistic. She'd need a WotA to try and balance..

--//--

Both of them suck, that's what you get for dying to removal.

Garruk's next :P
Phrain
<Member>
Phrain's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 4:47pm | Report
I was thinking Jace's passive might have some inherent CD a la Xerath in order to prevent him from permanently locking someone down (so it procs once every 12 or so seconds on the first enemy champion hit with a spell or AA.) As is his Q needs to go up at least a second to give people a chance of not becoming permanently silenced. Perhaps you could then put the defensive power into his Q, which fits better flavor-wise, as blue mages aren't inherently tanky, but they manipulate you to prevent you from killing them (it takes work, it doesn't happen automatically), maybe something like "Jace fires 3 waves in a line, dealing (80/110/140/170/200 damage and slowing the first enemy hit by 35%. Champions hit deal 10/15/20/25/30% reduced damage to Jace (I think maybe less damage in general) for 2 seconds." It's ultimately your decision, but I think this keeps his play style while making him more interesting to play with/against and offering some form of counterplay, as now you can actually engage him without just getting silenced for 3 years.

Chandra is either garbage or fantastic depending on her ranges, because if she has range similar to Lux, and can stay with her team while still casting out spells, she'll be a nightmare, but if her spells are short range, then she'll need to get up in the enemies' face. If that's the case, than her passive works against the rest of her kit.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 5:02pm | Report
Your suggestion is good but at the same time takes control from his passive. The first hit on a kit filled with AoE makes it hard for you to know who you upped the CD's to. Could be 3 secs the first target hit and 1.5 sec the other targets (?)
Q changes seem good. I was thinking a shield instead of damage reduction, and if the shield broke it silenced whoever broke it for 1.5 seconds.

Chandra works when she casts flameshift, which effectively doubles her range. Wall of flame is also a great zoning tool, specially after you get something like Liandry + Rilay. I'm actually just realizing once you do these, it acts almost like The Equalizer, which is pretty broken tbh.

I'm not sure what ranges could be reasonable. Her ultimate can make her travel for 2400 units which is a pretty big deal for a mage, and she'd have amazing AoE. Probably would need some sound effect to warn she ulted, otherwise she'd be a ******ed good engager. However, I didn't give her the power to cancel or stop midflight (she'd have to stop if she colided with units and deal her AoE). If you manage to only bypass champions, you still deal pretty decent damage and can either wait for the gate to be back up, create a wall to discourage chasing or zone harder, etc.

She'd probably be ridiculously broken once lane phase is over. However, she'd be terrible at laning against assassins, she'd basically be permafarming with abilities.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide