Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Poppy?

Creator: NicknameMy December 10, 2011 1:33am
77 posts - page 5 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:31am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

You can run around the enemy team with an AP build???

Well idk... I think you are even more useless as AP without your ult, because most of your damage relies onto it...

No, you can charge in to people and burst them, then run back out
Without her ult she's very vulnerable to CC and she just can't stay in a fight for long enough for an AD build to pay off.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:33am | Report
Run back out? Yeah, against dumb enemies...

You are sooo squashy and you can be soooo easily nuked down...

And if they cc you while you charge in, well, you are dead.

And most time, the squashy targets are way behind the tanky ones. You actually can't charge at them without your ult...
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:40am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Run back out? Yeah, against dumb enemies...

You are sooo squashy and you can be soooo easily nuked down...

And if they cc you while you charge in, well, you are dead.

And most time, the squashy targets are way behind the tanky ones. You actually can't charge at them without your ult...

Assuming you're not just blindly running in, you can easily run back out. You use the confusion of a teamfight to jump onto a target and burst them down.
Another thing you need to take into account I forgot to mention is when you're going for sustained damage and you get on your target, they have and WILL use their escape summoners and you'll be sitting there with your only gap closer on cooldown and your ultimate ticking down.
When you go for a bursty build, you do all your damage in a single second, before they can even flash out in the first place.
Against competent players, a sustained AD build will be so much easier to shut down since literally all you have to do work is the duration of your ultimate.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:43am | Report
Well, did you said confusion of teamfight before?

If s.b. like Amumu snares the enemy carry and Poppy( Poppy+ Amumu works best because you need a full tank jungler) can walk up?

Or if Alistar knocks them up?

And, if everyone of the enemy carries blink away from you, well, your team will rape the enemies.^^
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:46am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Well, did you said confusion of teamfight before?

If s.b. like Amumu snares the enemy carry and Poppy( Poppy+ Amumu works best because you need a full tank jungler) can walk up?

Or if Alistar knocks them up?

And, if everyone of the enemy carries blink away from you, well, your team will rape the enemies.^^

note how I said 'against competent players'. Tbh if a carry gets caught in Amumu ult they should probably consider playing a different role.
But that still doesnt take away from the fact that a bursty Poppy will do her job much faster and more efficiently.
AD Poppy is much easier to build against and to counter through smart play.
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 11:36am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/poppy-a-scary-carry-54057

That is what I meaned. And no, you use Poppy's spells different.

Q: A blow that you add to your combo. It deals actually the same damage like a crit. You use it to double shoot the enemy after the first hit. But because it turns all your damage into magic, it could actually more hurt you than help you.

W: This one you use after you charged in with E. With this one, you catch the enemy carry.

E: Charge onto the enemies to get to the enemy main carry and kill him.

R: Use it on the weakest enemy, which is no threat for you. Then just kill their carries with your Trinity Force/Lizard Buff slow. They can't escape you without using Flash, but then, you have Flash, too. If you have to get this enemy, charge in with E and trigger on him immediatly.

You can actually burst down all carries this way. Yeah 1k crit is a burst. And that 2 per second. OUCH.

This build is utter ****ing ****, if you can't get that you're either very bad at LoL or just very bad at Poppy.
Either way I am not gonna consider worth noticing any more post by you on this thread.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:22pm | Report
Well, if you would replace Black Cleaver with Force of Nature, you would have how much ms?^^ xD

( Trinity Force+ Phantom Dancer+ Force of Nature+ Berserker's Greaves)

And now we activate Paragon of Demacia.^^

And with that build, Poppy is actually like Tryndamere. Rush in for the 8 seconds, kill 1 or 2, keep yourself with lifesteal in the fight or run away.

If it works on Tryndamere it should also work on Poppy.

New Masteries:
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 3:32am | Report
No matter how you build Poppy, AD or AP, how do you get through the laning phase? Which opponents do you consider beatable? From experience I'd say, Irelia, Rumble and Riven are flat out unbeatable, and many other lane opponents are simply hard to lane against.
- Irelia simply dashes towards you, uses her slow, ignores Poppys passive with true damage and heals more than you can trade
- Rumbles Q is so incredibly much sustained damage which ignores Poppys passive for the most part because the actual damage numbers are so small
- Riven beats most Meelees, she simply stuns you, hits you for some damage, and can easily disengage with her mobility and even absorb a lot of damage through her shield

I know I can easily beat Garen and Talon, Nasus, Renekton and Gangplank are doable.

Further, no matter how you build Poppy, I'd say her best stat is generally a lot of Life Steal/Spell vamp. Her passive has the most effect if you can sustain on lower amount of HP, since the reduction will then jump in quicker.

The hardest part for Poppy is finding the balance between getting defensive stats and relying on the passive. Armor and MR lower the general incoming damage, but cut a lot more of the reduced damage. As in: A nuker who uses few but strong spells such as Annie, Xeraph or LeBlanc already has almost no chance of 100-0 a Poppy due to her passive. You don't need more than Merc Treads against these opponents. However, playing against a Cassiopeia, Rumble or Karthus may require some more, since their damage comes over time.

I suggest you try out(!) summoner Heal and getting a lot of Spell Vamp/Life Steal in some matches and also consider a GA as someone suggested. Poppys passive is incredibly broken if you simply try to maximize the effect it has by using means that let you sustain on lower hp levels.
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 12:14pm | Report
He is gonna kill you!!!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 12:55pm | Report
baddy bad bad