Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Poppy?

Creator: NicknameMy December 10, 2011 1:33am
77 posts - page 7 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 5:32pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

So with that build, I personally feel like there's some easy and obvious things to point to.

1; Poppy passive/ultimate. In my mind the combo justifies a GA being your only defensive item.

2; Force has move speed so nyah nyah :D A BV would be better according to your move speed logic.

3; While Shurelya's is a great item, no doubt, it's simply too flavor. Poppy can hit as hard as any champ, and just rip stuff to bits when built to do so.

That being said;

I agree with Merc, Trinity, and I.E, and Madred's is as per usual a great 6th item.

However, I have a build in mind that feels superior to me. Tell me what you think. (These items are in no particular order)

Mercury's Treads
Trinity Force
Guardian Angel
Infinity Edge
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Last Whisper

I feel these items fit her kit better, synergize together better, and will have you dealing WAY more damage.

1. Yeah, I agree - I prefer GA as a defense item, I'm just trying to craft a good build that works with everything that everyone here is discussing, so I felt obligated to include a FoN.

2. A lot of the move speed logic was due to the fact that you have FoN + Tri-force already, but your point is made. Especially if you already have a GA, I wouldn't go near BV.

3. Okay

And as for the build - it looks quite great. It solves a lot of problems that we've been running into with theorycraft, such as the move speed and attack speed on youmuu's while still having AD and crit stats that are usually good.

I feel as though, unless the enemy is building heavy armor, that Last Whisper could be replaced with something that does more damage. I might be wrong, however, and someone would have to mathcraft that out a bit more to see what item performs best in the last slot.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 10:34pm | Report
Well, my Poppy is a dps-burst Poppy. I need the AS, Crit and movement speed is never wrong.

But, of course, Youmuu's Ghostblade could be just the better version of Phantom Dancer.^^

Also, at DPS-Burst Poppy Black Cleaver> Last Whisper every time.

At mathcraft, cleaver will win at 1 or 2 stacks.^^

Also, Elixir of Agility helps this build very much.

BTW: You could also get Phantom Dancer+ Youmuu's Ghostblade+ Trinity Force+ Infinity Edge+ Guardian Angel+ Berserker's Greaves, this combo gives you soooo hiiigh ms, very much AS and guranteed crits. Funny to melt any enemy down with 3 auto attacks in nearly 1 sec.

Also, the new Greater Mark of Precision seems viable for Poppy.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Poppy/?items=73,83,28,60,36,89&runes=36,36,36,36,36,36,36,36,36,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,112,112,112,112,112,112,112,112,112,10,10,10&masteries=1300440411013030100300000000000001000000000000000&level=18

Item Sequence

Health Potion 50
Boots 300
Nomad's Medallion 850
Berserker's Greaves 1100
Sheen 700
Trinity Force 3333
Guardian Angel 3200
Infinity Edge 3300
Youmuu's Ghostblade 2700
Phantom Dancer 2800
He is gonna kill you!!!
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 3:37am | Report
I like your general build ideas. I miss however the Spell Vamp / Life Leech component to abuse her passive even further ^^

Which runes would you generally take for an AD Poppy?
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 7:40am | Report
Armorpen+magicpen marks(new), armor seals, magic resist glyphs and armorpen+magicpen quints(new). But manaregen seals can be also worth it on Poppy, because Poppy has one of the lowest mana pools and need to spam ablities for farming in the lane. This is why I suggested, that they should increase her base and scaling mana.^^

This is also, why you could go 21/0/9 only for the mana.^^

BTW:
Wiki:
Quoted:

Devastating Blow can critically strike, but the skill part of the attack will not be increased.
Devastating Blow turns the whole damage of the attack into magic damage, that is the skill damage and the attack damage of the attack, this includes the proc of Sheen, Lich Bane and Trinity Force.

A critted Devastating Blow is, why ad-poppy can also nuke.^^
He is gonna kill you!!!
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 9:31am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

So with that build, I personally feel like there's some easy and obvious things to point to.

1; Poppy passive/ultimate. In my mind the combo justifies a GA being your only defensive item.

2; Force has move speed so nyah nyah :D A BV would be better according to your move speed logic.

3; While Shurelya's is a great item, no doubt, it's simply too flavor. Poppy can hit as hard as any champ, and just rip stuff to bits when built to do so.

That being said;

I agree with Merc, Trinity, and I.E, and Madred's is as per usual a great 6th item.

However, I have a build in mind that feels superior to me. Tell me what you think. (These items are in no particular order)

Mercury's Treads
Trinity Force
Guardian Angel
Infinity Edge
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Last Whisper

I feel these items fit her kit better, synergize together better, and will have you dealing WAY more damage.

Now that's more like it.
My build was pretty much the same with the exception of Force of Nature instead of Last Whisper, Outside of the high MR value, that most of you mite consider too much, force of nature synergzes perfectly with hert kit.
MR: her major weakness is AP burst taking her down
health regen: she has no form of sustain and being a very mobile kiter fast regen without need to lifesteal on things is amazing
Movespeed: this combined with Trinity Force and Paragon of Demacia make you faster than ghost.
Once again, after over 300 games with Poppy and a ****load of tests, that is the best build you can do.
Also sometimes Randuin's Omen can be better than Guardian Angel but GA will always be nice.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 9:48am | Report
That would be no ad Poppy, that would be tanky dps Poppy.

You could also play tanky dps on Tryndamere, but you don't need it because of ult. Same for Poppy.
He is gonna kill you!!!
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 10:29am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

That would be no ad Poppy, that would be tanky dps Poppy.

You could also play tanky dps on Tryndamere, but you don't need it because of ult. Same for Poppy.

K, fit that glass canno you want to play in the meta then we'll discuss.
You can't just go straight AD poppy, it's not her kit nor her role.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 10:30am | Report
Well, then Tryndamere has no place in the meta, too? Why is he played then...
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 10:41am | Report
Because Tryn isn't played glass cannon LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

@Zio

Getting damage early on Pantheon is fine, your damage will be to low to really do anything if you don't build at least 1 damage item, it's only when mid-lategame comes around that you want to build more defensive. BT + Brutalizer + Wriggle's + Merc Treads is fine until mid/lategame, when you should build something like GA + BV.

Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 11:19am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Well, then Tryndamere has no place in the meta, too? Why is he played then...

You can't even begin to compare Tryndamere with Poppy, but I'll try.

Tryndamere has a more reliable gap closer that lowers in cooldown upon hitting targets
Tryndamere has a heal
Tryndamere has a slow that lowers enemy damage
Tryndamere doesn't rely on having his ultimate up to join a fight, while AD Poppy NEEDS it to even get INTO a fight, Tryndamere can save it untill he really needs it
Tryndamere actually synergizes with crit/attack speed with his fury system

Poppy... scales with AP and her kit favors burst
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide