Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Poppy?

Creator: NicknameMy December 10, 2011 1:33am
77 posts - page 2 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 12:32pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

She can jungle now...

Just gonna throw this out there and take it or leave it as you will ;)

This!
She's actually a pretty good jungler with very strong ganks, and the buffs are awesome on her.

Also Nick, if you want to build AD like that, might as well go Tryndamere or Master Yi and do the job 100x better. Poppy is a mobile, bursty anti-carry meant to blow people up in a single burst, that's what her kit synergizes well with and how she's way more succesful generally.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 12:37pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

She can jungle now...

Just gonna throw this out there and take it or leave it as you will ;)

She's been able to jungle for awhile now Brosideon
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 12:48pm | Report
No, because she has the best ult of them all. 8 seconds undamageable and unccable, which ad-carry has that? Combined with a speed buff, dash and a powerfull nuke.

Better blow up 3 targets instead of just nearly 1.^^

BTW: Is duffmog's Poppy viable? I mean, with that tanky base setup?
He is gonna kill you!!!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 1:21pm | Report
Except she can be damaged and CCd by the person she ultis. Which is kinda why AP Poppy has an edge over AD. Simply the synergy with her burst makes her able to dole out damage to her focus without the hastle of fighting for extended periods of time. For instance if you wanted to take out a high burst CC target like Veigar or Annie, if you go AD you can certainly deal damage and kill them, but they can still damage and CC you. AP Poppy (if you land them into a wall) will most assuredly destroy them in 2-3 seconds. AD Poppy on the other hand is a fighter not a bursty anti carry which gives them breathing room to CC and escape you.

That isn't to say AD Poppy is any more or less viable than AP, but you're trading burst for sustained DPS. If you're AD poppy and go to fight someone like Tryn though you'll be on a bit more of equal footing.

The issues Poppy has though are what make her such a high risk reward champion. Her mana costs and lack of sustain create a few gaps which can affect your early game which then holds sway over your late game. AP Poppy has more of a struggle early but her late game is insane if you can manage to surive ~10-15 minutes. AD Poppy has a more balanced early game and a serviceable late. She's a canidate for Triforce as an AD build too which makes Crushing Blow feel exceptionally good, but your Charge becomes lack luster and more of a means to single out someone rather than take half their HP.

AP/AD both have their strong points, but I will favor AP for now.
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 4:33pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Well, this only increases the damage to high HP tanks, enemy carries wouldn't feel it at all.

Poppy would also counter atmog's this way.^^

Yeah thats great, but if it already kills me now as carry with around 1800 health then why do i not want this?
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 8:49pm | Report
Poppy is the most OP champ in the game, obviusly she is if you don't build like usless glass cannon, wich you apparently do.
Also removing the cap from devastating blow woul be ******ed as she already does TONS OF DAMAGE with the cap, nasus siphoning strike must be frmed to be high damage, DevBlow is bat**** insane damage for free.

I had a poppy build posted in here till a few days ago, a correct one, but since after months it was still low and I had to face a top rated build that looks like the one you did (wich is as wrong as possible) so I archivied it and I hope people will rot in hell for making me do so.

Quite frankly I'd love people that build aspd on poppy to stop playing with her as they obviusly can't understand how a champ works.

Also she can solo top failry easy as she's hard to gank and they invented regrowth pendant/philo stone

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 8:55pm | Report

For instance if you wanted to take out a high burst CC target like Veigar or Annie, if you go AD you can certainly deal damage and kill them, but they can still damage and CC you

If you're DUMB ENOUGH to ****ing ult them insted of a char that can't harm you and go for them instead they will.
Whoever thinks AP poppy has an edge on AD just doesn't understnd the ****ing basics of Poppy.
You don't need the increased damage to make a squishy blow up as AD.

MajorLoL
<Member>
MajorLoL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 8:55pm | Report
Poppy can DECIMATE at least 1 and a half people if she can ult any tank that doesnt have the sense to stop her and just run to the sqishies.AD Poppy can nuke hardcore with a good crit+ Devestating Blow
Thanks to Rys Aberdeen, Jhoijhoi, The_Nameless_Bard, Arcana3, and Miss Maw for the sigs!

Remember to +Rep me if I helped you out!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 10:18am | Report
ZioSerpe wrote:

If you're DUMB ENOUGH to ****ing ult them insted of a char that can't harm you and go for them instead they will.
Whoever thinks AP poppy has an edge on AD just doesn't understnd the ****ing basics of Poppy.
You don't need the increased damage to make a squishy blow up as AD.

I'll take AP Poppy over AD Poppy any day. We're all entitled to our own opinion, you clearly don't understand the basics of variation or difference. AP Poppy is an anti carry. She focuses ONE PRIMARY target be it the support or the opposing AP carry. AP Poppy does her job in 3 seconds. That's the point of AP Poppy...I think AD Poppy is cool, I've seen her played that way, but I prefer the ****** strength burst of AP over the DPS of AD.

Difference in opinion, but I see why you guide fell short, with broad opinionated alienating responses like "Whoever thinks AP poppy has an edge on AD just doesn't understnd the ****ing basics of Poppy."

or

"I had a poppy build posted in here till a few days ago, a correct one, but since after months it was still low and I had to face a top rated build that looks like the one you did (wich is as wrong as possible) so I archivied it and I hope people will rot in hell for making me do so."

It must have gotten a lot of love from people who like AP Poppy.

If there is anything I've learned from playing LoL or being on Mobafire it's that calling someone a ****** for playing differently than you is a quick way to make sure your guides and or people's idea of you gets sent into the ****ter faster than bad batch of sea food.

Maybe if you toned down yur responses and included facts rather than over-generalized HORSE **** you'd actually make valid points. Instead you make yourself look like an *** hat who needs to be knocked down a few pegs.

AP Poppy is a strong anti-carry

AD Poppy is a strong fighter.

BOTH have strengths and weaknesses, I prefer AP you prefer AD. Leave it at that or risk making yourself look like more of an ******* than I am.
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 11:25am | Report

I'll take AP Poppy over AD Poppy any day. We're all entitled to our own opinion, you clearly don't understand the basics of variation or difference. AP Poppy is an anti carry. She focuses ONE PRIMARY target be it the support or the opposing AP carry. AP Poppy does her job in 3 seconds. That's the point of AP Poppy...I think AD Poppy is cool, I've seen her played that way, but I prefer the ****** strength burst of AP over the DPS of AD.

Difference in opinion, but I see why you guide fell short, with broad opinionated alienating responses like "Whoever thinks AP poppy has an edge on AD just doesn't understnd the ****ing basics of Poppy."

or

"I had a poppy build posted in here till a few days ago, a correct one, but since after months it was still low and I had to face a top rated build that looks like the one you did (wich is as wrong as possible) so I archivied it and I hope people will rot in hell for making me do so."

It must have gotten a lot of love from people who like AP Poppy.

If there is anything I've learned from playing LoL or being on Mobafire it's that calling someone a ****** for playing differently than you is a quick way to make sure your guides and or people's idea of you gets sent into the ****ter faster than bad batch of sea food.

Maybe if you toned down yur responses and included facts rather than over-generalized HORSE **** you'd actually make valid points. Instead you make yourself look like an *** hat who needs to be knocked down a few pegs.

AP Poppy is a strong anti-carry

AD Poppy is a strong fighter.

BOTH have strengths and weaknesses, I prefer AP you prefer AD. Leave it at that or risk making yourself look like more of an ******* than I am.

Quite different, it didn't get downvoted, but seriusly no one gave a ******* ****, pisses me off to an amazing extent.
Ad yes, I do look like an ******* on some tipoc, but the breaking news is that I AM ONE.
Seriusly I'm a funny and carefree person generally, but when it comes to champions I spent 80% of My LoL time on I get mad.
I don't go around forums discussing about champions I did not play a lot, the most I do is ask advices on those, but never pretend to know better.
On champs I do play and thatare usually played wrong by other people tho, I do wanna way in, and I don't care if I look like an ***, I played em for more, I know more, that's how it is.
So when it comes to Pantheon- Warwick- Poppy- Akali- Karma I dun want to hear shanenigans, and you do hear a lot of them.
Do I look like an ***? probably, but I'm right and I know I am.

I'm not saying you should not play AP Poppy, I'm saying that you will never be able to pull that off on a competitive scene as she's just a for fun build with some great 1vs1 damage, but compared to AD she's a paper tiger.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide