Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rushing items v.s. a strong base.

Creator: Rudmed May 29, 2011 6:15am
1 2 3 4 5
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 6:15am | Report
Okay now I have a question about the builds I am seeing rushing a madred's/IE/Triforce. I mean I know with some champs such as Ashe, WW, and Poppy its okay. Though I wonder is it really worth it? I mean those three items are expensive and expensive items= kills...lots of them. Which are sometimes hard to get.

I mean Triforce is about the only one I would rush because it gives you 3 solid base items, which I find slightly more useful. Though Madred's? Only on WW and even then grudingly because it doesn't really help him with his weakness. He will still move slowly, and forces him to rely on his ult. Not to mention he will lack surviabillity. IE is okay I guess, but still I wouldn't rush it. Yes you will hit like a truck, and you will be very powerful. Though it takes kills to get even that powerful, and once your identifed as a threat (say your playing ashe) you're dead. Why because you have no surviabillity because you went and rushed IE.

Now what I mean by strong base is not rushing those super expensive items that you champion is good with. For example instead of rushing a rabadon's you will often see me get a AA staff, or will of the ancient or something. Maybe instead of a warmogs I get a BV and sunfire cape. Or when I play Irelia I may get a phage then a ghostblade.

The stronger your base is chances are the more kills you will get early game, and then you can get those expensive items that you've had your eyes on. Though this is what I personally believe.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 6:20am | Report
In my opinion it really depends on the champion.

A Tryndamere WITHOUT an Infinity Edge is nothing like one with one, whereas, say, a Twisted Fate without a Rabadon's yet still hits relatively hard.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 6:45am | Report
It's not too hard to farm up a banshees after infinity edge, really.

PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 6:48am | Report
Well on most mages i go, cataclyst ---> Deathcap

And i mostly get some dorans blade before my big item on AD chars...
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 8:02am | Report
I tend to go for a smaller items first...late game items are late game items. No point in rushing IE on anyone if you don't have at least 50% crit why bother? better to get a Cloak and Dagger or a gold regen item and wait.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 8:50am | Report
Sorry for those that notice I keep going to Ashe, I have been maining her for some time now =\
IE is HUGH for her, but my first actualy build is . Since Ashe pretty much does nothing early game and only really becomes that power house killing machine late game I worry about getting the other things first.
It just depends on how you are doing and what champ you are playing.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 8:57am | Report
It depends on the champ, really. You rush IE on Ashe because you want to have that massive damage before anyone else and it's pretty damn core. You rush Rylais on Kennen cause it's ****ing amazing. Etc.etc.etc.

Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 9:02am | Report
B-Wong wrote:

It depends on the champ, really. You rush IE on Ashe because you want to have that massive damage before anyone else and it's pretty damn core. You rush Rylais on Kennen cause it's ****ing amazing. Etc.etc.etc.

This brings up a point. I dont rush IE, I know its hugh, and I do get it, usually 2nd item build (Boots dont count -.-) but reason being I like having the bit of crit there and attack speed and movement speed. That with being able to use Ice arrows or volley lets me live longer, for my playstyle. So I guess really what it comes down to is:
1. What champ you are playing
2. Your playstyle
3. How you are doing in the game
4. What your team needs

These are in no order just listed as my brain did its thinking for the day.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 9:12am | Report
I'd also like to bring up another point: It depends on your situation in the game.

Say I'm Ashe and I'm getting ****ed over in mid. Well I'm going to head back and buy another Doran's, boots and some pots to stay in lane rather than save up for an IE. There are core items but you have to always be willing to adapt you build one way or another.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 9:16am | Report
B-Wong wrote:
There are core items but you have to always be willing to adapt you build one way or another.

And generally tanks aren't rushing warmog's, no? why rush a late game item? you have almost no crit chance, so IE is basically worthless...rushing TBC would be a better choice if you wanted a BF sword item, seriously.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide