Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's final Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Rylai's on Nunu?

Creator: Trojan995 March 19, 2011 7:40am
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2011 7:40am | Report
I've been playing nunu a lot recently, and I really like him. I usually build as a tanky caster, starting off with Mercury's Treads, Banshee's Veil, then Zhonya's Hourglass. With this combination I have more than enough MR, a decent amount of armor, but not quite as much health as I'd like. I was wondering if it'd be viable to get a Rylai's Crystal Scepter to get that health I'd like - nunu's damaging spells both have slows anyways, so would the rylai's slow be useless or not worth the money? What are my alternatives (not rod of ages)?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2011 8:37am | Report
a giants belt and a blasting wand. personnaly nunus only a threat if he has dmg maybe u should build RoA first? double catalyst to start is quite fun epic heal on lvl up ^^
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2011 10:00am | Report
Booshido wrote:

a giants belt and a blasting wand. personnaly nunus only a threat if he has dmg maybe u should build RoA first? double catalyst to start is quite fun epic heal on lvl up ^^

This. I perfer RoA first. You can alternatively go for a Giant's belt + Rabadon's deathcap. I dunno, seem s viable. The Giant's belt later being built into a Sunfire.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2011 11:11am | Report
Seems like a big waste.. ROA is superior in all ways.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2011 2:12pm | Report
I always get Rylai's on my AP Nunu. I don't build him tanky, though. Only defense(ish) items I get are Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's. Still, end game I have like 3.2-3.5k HP and my ult does ridiculous amount of damage. Upwards of 3k.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2011 3:54pm | Report
Most of the reason I'm so averse to the RoA is because I like to rush Banshee's Veil and I feel like I won't get much use out of rod of ages if I don't buy it first :/ Well, I guess I'll just get it second, and I'll get a chainmail early on if AD champions prove to be a threat.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2011 6:32pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

I feel like I won't get much use out of rod of ages if I don't buy it first

Hell I've seen HotshotGG get like 2 RoA near the ends of games when it was still quite ambiguous who the winner could be, I think overall it's a pretty good choice no matter what, you'll just get more benefit over time if you buy it first.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide