Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Ryze Runes

Creator: FunkMan March 14, 2012 12:11pm
1 2
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 2:22pm | Report
Mpen reds are fine.

Flat mana everything else for trololo lane phase, MS quints are really good. Scarra likes MR flats on most AP's so I'm sure those are an option.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 2:23pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Just as an FYI, full mana runes are not going to give you that big of a DPS increase unless they're scaling.

3 of the mana quints gives you a total of 8 damage per Q while only having 1 gives you only half the mana to cast a Q.

The difference is at level 1 my harassment pool is huge and very fast. It also packs a punch compared to most early harass. Its very difficult to trade with a 4 second level 1 nuke.

Edit: 780 mana level 1.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 2:28pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Mpen reds are fine.

Flat mana everything else for trololo lane phase, MS quints are really good. Scarra likes MR flats on most AP's so I'm sure those are an option.

Yea, flat MR has always been good on AP carries against magic damage.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 2:36pm | Report
Flat mana ryze beats mordekaiser in lane.

Mana/lvl ryze doesn't.

Or at least, i can't beat flat mana ryze, and i can beat mana/lvl ryze.
Tri lane for life.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 3:39pm | Report
scaling reds yellows blues and quints along with the scaling mana in utility gives a total of about 1k mana. just fyi.

thats also what i run for ryze.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
FunkMan
<Member>
FunkMan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 5:45pm | Report
While on the subject, what kinda masteries do you run? I like the idea of going 21 into utility with him, but i am unsure what exactly to TAKE in the utility tree? Especially strength of spirit vs CDR - both seem perfect for ryze. Then more experience vs more gold, and whether to take spellvamp etc etc. And where do you put the other 9? Offense just to get the MPen? Defense to buff early MR?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 9:01pm | Report
9/0/21. CDR and SoS are both good for Ryze, but imo the CDR is a little more valuable. By the time the regen starts to get really good you don't even need it anymore. Plus, with the CDR you exactly hit the cap of 40% once you buy Frozen Heart and that makes my OCD feel happy. If I recall correctly I take the spellvamp and the experience and not the gold.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 2:48am | Report
without a doubt what luther said. the extra 200 mana is pretty good as well from the very beginin.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 6:08am | Report
I like 9/0/21 on Ryze. Most notably picking one point in Strength of Spirit and three in Intelligence.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 9:52pm | Report
To me, I take Magic Pen marks, Flat Mana Regen seals, CDR (scaling/flat) glyphs, Magic Pen/AP Quints.

2 major things : It saves you the cost of a whole unique runepage/set of runes
: It works

Early on, before getting ToG, or maybe even after getting it awhile, you may need the mana regen. Thats why flat mana regen. Afterwards, it'll just be useless.

AP Quints may not be optimal. That's why I picked Magic Pen Quints as a possible alternative.

I agree that for richer players, getting pure mana seals and glyphs work, but in my opinion, it is costly and ineffective for most, since not everyone only play Ryze on a regular basis.

PS : I suggest you to get a Rod of Ages, anytime after your Tear of Goddess. It can be after or before defensive items, but if gotten early, by the 30min mark, you can experience the full benefit of it yet have items to boost defence.

PPS : Ryze is usually useless against tanky people, unless given the opportunity to fight them for over 10 seconds. If they stack MR, get a Void Staff. If they stack health, get a Deathfire Grasp. Ryze is just too weak against a massive HP tank alone.
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide