Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Spellvamp quints, worth it?

Creator: Yukimaru January 29, 2012 5:32am
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 6:30pm | Report
It's meh on Kennen, if you spam your Q for the sustain it leaves you with no energy, so you're more prone to ganks. Also, the rest of his skills are AoE making the spell vamp 2% with just runes, 3% if you have the masteries. Plus his base damage and ratios are low...

Wintermond wrote:

Why would you want more sustain if you can just crush your lane?

AND you don't need sustain if you kill whoever you're against, push to the tower, and blue pill back with pots and a gold advantage.

They ARE, however, worth it on some champions who do a ton of damage early on with low/no mana costs like Ryze. Got completely destroyed by one of those...
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 11:28pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

It's meh on Kennen, if you spam your Q for the sustain it leaves you with no energy, so you're more prone to ganks. Also, the rest of his skills are AoE making the spell vamp 2% with just runes, 3% if you have the masteries. Plus his base damage and ratios are low...

AND you don't need sustain if you kill whoever you're against, push to the tower, and blue pill back with pots and a gold advantage.

They ARE, however, worth it on some champions who do a ton of damage early on with low/no mana costs like Ryze. Got completely destroyed by one of those...

Well if you are going mid they may not be the best option, but if you are going top with Kennen, (for example, to counter a top laning Lee Sin) then they really are the best choice. You will dominate your lane and a few last hits with Q will keep you on high health during the laning phase.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 11:35pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

I believe Ego Ignaxio runs energy yellows and blues on his Kennen with Spell vamp quints.

Ryze has low mana costs only on his Q.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:58am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

"Kennen cuz Kennen doesnt need the early damage." because dat 15 AP make such a huge*** difference *trollface*

Thats 11 more damage on every Q. Not counting in the other abilities. So yes, it makes a difference.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 2:01am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Thats 11 more damage on every Q. Not counting in the other abilities. So yes, it makes a difference.

Sustain > 11 more damage on Q
24% spellvamp after first teleport to shop, how can you argue about that?
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 2:08am | Report
You get enough sustain when you got your Revolver/WotA, there's no need to get more.

I also don't like the fact that the "9%" come from the Utility masteries which are way weaker than the Offensive or the Defensive tree.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 2:34am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

You get enough sustain when you got your Revolver/WotA, there's no need to get more.

I also don't like the fact that the "9%" come from the Utility masteries which are way weaker than the Offensive or the Defensive tree.

I use 10/9/11 on Kennen.
Sure you get more damage from the offensive tree but I prefer to play Kennen with good sustain which results in better lane presence = more gold.
When I play champions like kennen/irelia or mordekaiser I want good sustain so I can wear out my opponents.
But that's just a matter of playstyle.
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 8:10am | Report
Quoted:
But that's just a matter of playstyle.

That's what it comes down to in the end.

I tried the spellvamp, and my opinion on the whole thing is (read: Opinion, nothing scientific):
- It's only useful on casters which actually use spells to last hit (Ryze, Kennen, Karthus, Annie)
- 15 AP is for many APs the tip on the scale to kill the enemy - as in: Crucial
- The 6% SpellVamp without the 3% Masteries are not noticeable, get both - which again leads to less damage output due to not being as deep into the offense tree
- I'd get it only on Champions on which I also get a WotA or Gunblade
- If you know you won't kill your enemy lane, it's a decent option
- I usually prefer movement speed if I don't need Spell Vamp
- I can only think of one lane Champion on which I'd take it over AP: Ryze (Unless you play extremely offensive)
- On Jungle Amumu it could also be an option (didn't try that - and jungle Singed NEEDS movement speed imo)
- Thinking about it... Veigar could be a good choice too (didn't try that)
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 4:30pm | Report
On most mages they don't beat the Greater Quintessence of Ability Power imo. I've tried them on Vladimir but it just isnt worth it. Ryze seems a pretty good candidate and Cassiopeia seems promising as well however I can't say I actually use them.
example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 4:35pm | Report
I don't know why anyone would ever want to play Ryze without MS quints. He's painfully slow. I mean, I do it out of necessity, but believe me, if I could drop RP on quints I'd have done so by now.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide