Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Support Styles?

Creator: Razzleberry April 18, 2012 12:06pm
1 2 3 4 5
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2012 11:28pm | Report
nida support only works if you have some way of securing that the spears will hit. She fits in a poke-comp where you get your enemy under the tower and just poke them until they fall back. no, you don't buy any support items except for 2 g/5 and wards.

It's a really niche support and most of the time lux would fit better in the mix than nid, but nid has dem traps for early jungle knowledge and dem spears mang.. dem spears...

As an example:
Varus-nidalee against ashe. Once varus E's that's a free spear for nidalee and that's half of ashes health gone right there.(no you don't max the heal)
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2012 11:59pm | Report
Nidalee is sometimes a good response to blitzcrank, but generally I think there are better picks. At level 6 she gains a massive power boost and might even be one of the strongest supports in terms of damage she is able to deal herself. However there are a number of glaring mistakes

• no form of CC or initiation
  • very little follow up for ganks or harass
  • spears easily avoided by LoSing them behind minions
  • does very little from level 1-5 in terms of follow-up for an AD
  • no ability to peel
  • heal has a low base but high ratio
  • spear's damage on rank 1 and 2 is comprable to an auto-attack
  • high ratios but low bases means she needs items in a role which gets limited gold.
  • and quite frankly people can do things she does, just as well (as polse brought up, Lux)

at least those are my observations as a pretty adamant Nidalee player and support player
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 8:02pm | Report
Pretty much what moonie said.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Project_mars
<Member>
Project_mars's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2012 12:33pm | Report
I think it's kind of neat this thread got dug up , due to the amount of changes that happened then, and now given the item/jungle overhaul.

Also: i recently became aware of support fiddlesticks, grabbing a point of dark wind before rushing terrify to max for the 3 sec stun makint him kind of similar to zyra?
Also how do you think Nami would be classified? I'm guessing due to the stun, the aggressive heal, and her ulti she'll be a kill lane type too?
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2012 12:52pm | Report
Fiddle support is... Ok. It's built around getting your ADC fed, so I suggest going into it with a duo ADC partner that you KNOW is going to take advantage of it. Fiddle himself is going to be underfed by midgame (especially since they are removing HOG) so he's gonna have to haul *** to catch up.

Nami, I don't think, is going to be classified as strictly "kill lane", since she has heals and good support. She will probably be put into the same catagory as Alistar, Aggressive Traditional. Personally I can't wait to get her, she seems perfect for me, That Sona ult mixed with all the CC and damage from her other spells is just support-gasmic.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide