Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Swain support

Creator: OmnisChild April 20, 2014 5:44pm
1 2
OmnisChild
<Member>
OmnisChild's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2014 5:44pm | Report
I have been experimenting with a swain support. Building Tailsmen for income first then tear of the goddess and rushing rod of ages from there to finish with Rod of ages Liandrys archangels and deathfire cap I have found him to be quite valuable. Pre 6 he is very squishy but can dish out some serious punishment on anyone foolish enough to stray to close to my adc. At 6 and from there he is a superb tank with some amazing dmg output. After lane phase has ended I find him to be one of the meanest pushers and tanks Ive ever encountered. Anyone have thoughts on how I could make him better. I building runes with full ap and masteries are mainly ap with some defence points put in to help pre 6 sustainability.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2014 5:53pm | Report
So... You basically just described midlane Swain, but with less gold income and far less utility for a team.

Examples:

#1: "I want a slow!" Well there's Glitterlance, which is AoE and super long range. Also a bigger slow than Decrepify.

#2: " Nevermove is such great utility though! An AoE Snare!" Solar Flare is an AoE stun/slow at longer range. It also gives vision on the area cast.

#3: "But what about the damage amplification from Torment?" Well, sure that's a thing, but it only amplifies Swain's damage. If you want a damage increase for your ADC, there's Leona's passive, Sunlight.

In summary, Swain support isn't really that good compared to other supports. Sorry.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2014 9:37pm | Report
"this champion has cc therefore it can be a support!"
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2014 10:22pm | Report
It worked for Annie.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2014 11:16pm | Report
annie doesnt need items other than dfg to do anything though unlike swain
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2014 5:45pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

annie doesnt need items other than dfg to do anything though unlike swain

She also has targeted hard CC, and an AoE stun. Hell, she can have it at level 1.
OmnisChild
<Member>
OmnisChild's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2014 6:10pm | Report
I don't fill he needs to much other the a tear of the goddess rod of ages and liandrys usually I have all 3 by lvl 12-14 from there is go spirt visage and archangels deathfire cap if I have time. Are you sure he doesn't bring much utility? I understand other supps can do that samething but better but not as many bring the powerful mage tank type that swain does.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2014 8:39pm | Report
So uhh..... where's your

If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2014 11:05pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

She also has targeted hard CC, and an AoE stun. Hell, she can have it at level 1.

that too but my point is that swain needs items or hes gonna be useless, unless youre a god at landing 5 man snares

also i have no idea how youre getting RoA, Tear, AND liandrys all before youre level 12-14 as a support, tear is understandable but RoA is pretty expensive and also a poor choice on a support since it takes 10 minutes to be finished

the only way swain can be a tank mage is because of the items he gets, you will not be getting your full tank mage build on a support income and youre lacking important supportish items like the new shuryelaaaaaaaas or locket and, as utopus said, sightstone, your build is extremely selfish for a support and your only reason is cuz he has a targeted slow and snare
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 4:00am | Report
I have had games like these on my smurf when Swain was part of the free rotation and he would get insta-locked every game. The idea behind a support Swain is to get an early kill in the bot lane, then leave the lane(the risky part) and begin roaming. It is a really risky idea and requires a fast first blood as well as a ADC who is left alone in lane for a bit. IF Swain gets rolling he can quickly put the entire team on track.
TYVM Ubby for this AMAZING Sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide