Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The End-all jungle thread.

Creator: Lugignaf August 1, 2011 2:16pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 2:16pm | Report
So, there has been... some talk about "Can X jungle?" or "I jungled X and I think he/she is good. What do you think?"
This being the final, "X champ can jungle" thread, I'm going to compile what every champion needs for said jungle route, the route he/she should take and viability of said jungler. This will be worked on until it is a complete list. I do not have every champion so, if anyone has experience with jungling a champ I don't have, please tell me what you had success with.

Currently, these are the ones I have experience with.
Udyr 100% Viable and can start at pretty much any camp with only small item/mastery/rune changes.
Amumu Fairly viable. Reliant on blue or multiple recalls to finish his route. Fairly strict route/runes/masteries/items.
Nasus Fairly viable. Slow to jungle. Strict runes/masteries/items/route.
Nunu & Willump Seriously viable. Quite fast and many, many paths. Can counter jungle easily.
Sona Not viable in the least. I don't even know what I was thinking when I did this honestly...
Shaco Fairly viable. Strong, early ganker. Reliant on his start to be viable. Fairly flexible route.
Karthus Fun as hell. Last resort jungler. Strict items/masteries to be the most effective.
Xin Zhao Strong jungler. Strong ganks.
Warwick Strong jungler. Can almost stay in the jungle forever. Not very rune/mastery dependent unless you want a full route.
Trundle Very powerful jungler. Fairly good ganks. Counter jungles easily. Strong duelist. No escape mechanism if he gets cornered other than Flash.
Nocturne Strong ganks. Squishy and using his ult wrong results in death almost always. Low mana pool means he needs blue.
Gangplank Scary ganks sue to physically being in one lane while helping in another lane or, helping a lane while continuing to jungle.
Lee Sin Fairly fast jungler. Better counter jungler due to being an adept duelist. Many routes. Runes and masteries are lenient if you balance them out.
Dr. Mundo Reds and yellows are strict. Blues can be w/e. Fast, unexpected ganks. Best ganks are without buffs due to health reasons.
Cho'Gath Can stay in jungle a long time.
Rammus Strong ganks. Moves through lanes really fast. Counter jungling hits him really hard.
This is not a complete list yet. Please contribute what you can.
True love is found only in yourself.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 2:26pm | Report
Xin, Warwick, Rammus, Cho'gath, Fiddlesticks, Olaf, Trundle are all great junglers.

Also, Gangplank, Jarvan, Yi, Tryndamere can be played as junglers.

Karthus and Shen and a bunch of others can also jungle to some degree.

Most of those are pretty self-explanitory, the only two I have experience with are Xin with vamp scepter going from minigolems > golem, and warwick going...pretty much anything really, but longsword + one pot from golem > minigolems seems to work best.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Lee Sin.

DOUBLEDIT: You should probably check Xenasis' guide, he has a fairly extensive list of champions that can jungle (even the ones where it's not a terribly good idea).
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 2:26pm | Report
Amumu is a godlike jungler. (you just gotta have the runes)

Trundle and Nocturne are both not viable outside the jungle, but are GREAT junglers.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 2:28pm | Report
I know all three of them are good junglers but, I don't have any of them. I'd like to know how strict routes/items are, ect.
Also, Amumu is very blue reliant. Or he has to buy blue potions.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 2:33pm | Report
Amumu is ****ING FAST with blue. He's slow without it, but still not bad.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 2:35pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Trundle and Nocturne are both not viable outside the jungle

Disagree.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 2:37pm | Report
Pantheon is bad at the actual act of clearing camps, but his ganks are incredibly fast and bursty.

I prefer to jungle him than lane him.

Gangplank is now one of the best junglers I've had experience with.

Trundle as you mentioned, a great option.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 2:39pm | Report
Trundle literally CAN'T harass. You can't work your way around that.
Nocturne is bad at harassing and why would you EVER put the scariest ganking monster in the game in a lane?
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 2:39pm | Report
I totally forgot about Nocturne. He is a decent lane but, he's still better to jungle.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 3:04pm | Report
dr mundo jungle.

armor yellows, health quints, armor pen reds. i use mr blues but that doesnt really help jungle.

i start with cloth/5 pot. he can work with vamp scepter but you need different runes.

1/21/8 masteries

ewqqqr skill sequence, starting at golems wraiths wolves.

idk his jungle clearance time because i gank after wolves, can be a very scary jungle to get cleaver'd out of nowhere. i'll play a practice game real quick and tell you clearance times.

edit: died to red. grabbed blue after wolves. would of had red, going to try not burning so much. if i didn't die it woulda been 3:40 or so.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide