Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The End-all jungle thread.

Creator: Lugignaf August 1, 2011 2:16pm
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 3:07pm | Report
See. That right there is good info! Clearance time doesn't matter so much as long you give me a "it's faster than X" if you can give me an exact time though, that'd be great.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 3:18pm | Report
tried again. mundo can clear blue at 3:30 but then he has to back. best choice would be to gank at hitting level 3 after wolves without any buffs.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 7:37pm | Report
Okay, I don't know why both amumu and nasus are listed as "fairly viable". Nasus isn't a viable jungler, and amumu is. Simple as that.

"Viable" is different from "doable". Get your biases out of this post.

Which means also take out "fun as hell" from karthus.

Xin Zhao has strong ganks but he's not a super-powerful jungler. I feel like there should be some differentiation between him and warwick, who's a super-powerful jungler. I feel like you should just copy-paste this and be done with it.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 7:45pm | Report
You're saying that one list, that people flame and praise endlessly, should be the end-all?
I need to clarify my wordings more.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 8:27pm | Report
If this is truly a "Can X Jungle?" Thread, then you need to add A LOT of champions.

Teemo for example.

AtS blues, Armor seals, arm pen reds.

Start Cloth+5hp, Blinding dart blue and you can do blue->wolves->Wraithes->Red smite->golems and then go gank.

4:20 clear time i want to say, real fast once you get wriggles.

faster with leashed blue, QEQW or QEEW skilling order. (You can use 12 arm pen and the rest AtS reds for faster jungle, but in general, it's not as safe.)

He dies with regrowth or vamp scepter, but wriggles is a great item on him anyways.

He's fairly blue reliant because it keeps him alive.

His ganks are pretty terrible, but he is viable IN the jungle.

Edit: I just tried this again, and it didn't work... must have nerfed blinding dart since i last tried this... lol.
Tri lane for life.
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 9:21pm | Report
Master Yi is a pretty good jungler IMO. Not so useful as say Amumu, but still pretty effective jungling.
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to jhoijhoi for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 10:48pm | Report
master yi is a bad champion, but I agree that he's actually a very good jungler. His ganks are good with red, but it's only at level 6 that he can really gank well.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 12:09am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

So, there has been... some talk about "Can X jungle?" or "I jungled X and I think he/she is good. What do you think?"
This being the final, "X champ can jungle" thread, I'm going to compile what every champion needs for said jungle route, the route he/she should take and viability of said jungler. This will be worked on until it is a complete list. I do not have every champion so, if anyone has experience with jungling a champ I don't have, please tell me what you had success with.

Currently, these are the ones I have experience with.
Udyr ****ing fast (3:10 finish best) and strong jungler, can start at pretty much any camp with only small item/mastery/rune changes.
Amumu Trololololo is there another way to play him besides jungling? Reliant on blue or multiple recalls to finish his route. Fairly strict route/runes/masteries/items.
Nasus **** jungler. Slow to jungle. Strict runes/masteries/items/route.
Nunu & Willump Best and most flexible counter-jungler. Quite fast and many, many paths. Can counter jungle easily.
Sona Not viable in the least. I don't even know what I was thinking when I did this honestly...
Shaco Strong jungler and in the right hands a hell of a counter-jungler. Strong, early ganker. Reliant on his start to be viable. Fairly flexible route.
Karthus Fun as hell. Last resort jungler. Strict items/masteries to be the most effective.
Xin Zhao Strong jungler. Strong ganks.
Warwick Strong jungler but slow ganks. Can almost stay in the jungle forever. Not very rune/mastery dependent unless you want a full route.
Trundle Very powerful jungler. Fairly good ganks. Counter jungles easily. Strong duelist. No escape mechanism if he gets cornered other than Flash.
Nocturne Fast jungler, strong ganks. Squishy and using his ult wrong results in death almost always. Low mana pool means he needs blue.
Gangplank Scary ganks due to physically being in one lane while helping in another lane or, helping a lane while continuing to jungle.
Lee Sin ****ing Baws Jungler, flexible as hell. Better counter jungler due to being an adept duelist. Many routes. Runes and masteries are lenient if you balance them out.
Dr. Mundo Reds and yellows are strict, **** jungler. Blues can be w/e. Fast, unexpected ganks. Best ganks are without buffs due to health reasons.
Cho'Gath Can stay in jungle a long time, one of the best junglers.
Rammus Strong ganks. Moves through lanes really fast. Counter jungling hits him really hard.
This is not a complete list yet. Please contribute what you can.

Fix'd
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 12:11am | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

master yi is a bad champion, but I agree that he's actually a very good jungler. His ganks are good with red, but it's only at level 6 that he can really gank well.

Sorry for the double-post, Master Yi is a great champion in both the lane and jungle, its all about positioning with him and farming. Your second statement is a joke, since a ton of junglers are reliant on level 6 to gank (Hi, Warwick), master yi CAN gank before level 6 and still have a strong gank due to alpha strike and good base movement speed.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 12:16am | Report
I think it's going to be difficult to make this list without at least some bias...
True love is found only in yourself.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide